Author Topic: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!  (Read 111337 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:59:51 PM »
Ever since The Sims 3 was released a year and a half ago, I've seen the question about whether there can be mixed gender twins.  I've always answered no because there was no real proof of it.  It was always some goofy story by someone we didn't know.  Recently, however, one of our members posted what looked like a real way of getting mixed gender twins, so I tried it out.  Success!!  Meet Cherry and Brick Dreamweaver.

Their mother is a young Carina Dreamweaver who played the Garden of Eatin' Smells Fishy challenge.  Their father is Christopher Steel.  Not only did I want mixed gender twins, but I also wanted to see how much they would look like Carina's twins in my Immortal Dynasty Challenge.  Hehe.  Cherry looks a lot like Nectarine, with Carina's eyes and hair and Christopher's mouth.

Brick has Carina's hair, but Christopher's eyes and mouth.  His eyes don't look very blue in this picture, but they are.

Here's exactly how I got these mixed gender twins:

1.  Carina has the Family Oriented trait and the Fertility Treatment Lifetime Happiness Reward.
2.  She didn't eat apples or watermelon for the first day of her pregnancy (before it was visible).
3.  As soon as the pregnancy became known, she asked Geoffrey Landgraab to determine the gender.  Geoffrey had a thought bubble for a boy.
4.  Carina immediately began stuffing herself with watermelon and watching the Kidz Channel on television for the next 2 days of her pregnancy.
5.  The twins were born at home, a boy and a girl.

I'm very excited to finally be able to confirm that mixed gender twins are possible and exactly how to get them!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:08:40 AM »
Don't forget it's also possible to get mixed gender triplets this way, both 2 boys and 1 girl, and 2 girls and 1 boy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:45:55 AM »
I've always wondered if this was possible! Thanks for sharing, Pam! :)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 12:52:26 AM »
Thank you heaps for confirming this, Pam! I'd heard rumours, but I really wasn't sure.
I love Cherry and Brick Dreamweaver, by the way! ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 12:58:43 AM »
I love Cherry and Brick Dreamweaver, by the way! ;D

Hehe.  I thought you might.  Brick is still in his jammies in that picture because the butler got him out of bed to feed him.  Nobody changes toddler's clothes without a command to do so and I don't control the butler.

Don't forget it's also possible to get mixed gender triplets this way, both 2 boys and 1 girl, and 2 girls and 1 boy,

Yes, indeed.  I thought I might get triplets because of the Kids TV and Fertility Treatment.  Not this time, though.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 01:07:37 AM »
Hehe.  I thought you might.
How'd you know? ;)

I have a question. When is the babies gender decide?
Is it at conception, but then can be "changed" by watermelon/apple eating? Or is is determined at birth or when a doctor tells your Sim the gender?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:32:22 AM »
Is it at conception, but then can be "changed" by watermelon/apple eating? Or is is determined at birth or when a doctor tells your Sim the gender?

It's tricky.  I don't know for sure.  I know it can be influenced by eating enough apple/watermelon.  But what if a doctor has already told the gender?  That's worth some testing, I think. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 01:48:01 AM »
It's tricky.  I don't know for sure.  I know it can be influenced by eating enough apple/watermelon.  But what if a doctor has already told the gender?  That's worth some testing, I think. 
It's interesting, I think.
Will your info on mixed gender twins be added to the guide?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 02:47:25 AM »
This is how I got mixed gender triplets in the Smith Dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 03:16:41 AM »
Will your info on mixed gender twins be added to the guide?

Ah, yes.  The Guide.  I'll ask Carl to come have a look.  I'm sure he'll want to add it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 04:19:31 AM »
Congratulations. They are cuties.  I have had quite a few mixed gender twins. When the doctor tells you what gender the baby is, then that is when it is set.  It becomes so if you peek. :) If you then eat the opposite fruit i.e. apples or watermelon, you should have mixed genders, as you said.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 05:25:51 AM »
Yes, congratulations!  I did this exact procedure that you describe (forget where I stumbled on it) and it worked for me too.  I actually used Nancy and Jeoffrey Landgraab as my guinea pigs, and they had triplets.  The twins are adorable.   ;D

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 06:17:21 AM »

The gender is decided upon asking the doctor what the baby's gender is. The catch is that, in case of twins and triples, this will lock the first baby's gender, so if the doctor says it's a girl, it will be a girl regardless of how many apples you make your sim mother eat. After the first baby's gender is locked (in this case, girl), you can force the second twin's gender by eating it's specific fruit (apple for boys, watermelon for girls).

With triplets, it all depends if you want GBB or BGG. Go to a doctor and ask the first one's gender. If you want GBB, and the doctor says it's a girl, all you have to do is eat some apples and ask the doctor again, so that he can "lock" the middle triplet's gender as a boy. After it is done, eat some more apples to make sure the third triplet is a boy too. If the doctor says the first gender is one of the par, and not the individual (e.g. you want BGG and the first gender is a girl), the best thing to do is ask the doctor again for the second one's gender. All you have to do then is make the mother eat the specific fruit to change the third one's gender into whatever you want.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:34:38 AM »
Awesome info Pam! Cherry and Brick are adorable!! I so miss the Dreamweavers!  :( So it's nice to see the name again!  ;D

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
Very cool!  I always had a hunch that it was possible. Great to hear that it's really real!

anything