Author Topic: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!  (Read 111259 times)

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2011, 04:49:30 PM »
A lot of the guide is wrong and it takes more than three apples or watermelons.

It has worked for me every single time I've tried it, with just the 3 fruits. However, I haven't used this "trick" for quite some time, because I thought it was removed (but just found it is still working) so perhaps it doesn't work as well any longer? Or I've just been lucky

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »
It has worked for me every single time I've tried it, with just the 3 fruits. However, I haven't used this "trick" for quite some time, because I thought it was removed (but just found it is still working) so perhaps it doesn't work as well any longer? Or I've just been lucky

I used to be able to get by with just one. Not anymore.

Back on topic.
I had my first set of natural mixed gender vampire twins today. I just used the radio.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »
3 apples/watermelons have failed for me. 10 is the way to guarantee it. The odds of you getting the other gender are so slim, you don't need to worry about it.

So I think I'll take the multiple confirmations to say that it is, indeed, possible to have mixed gender twins naturally.

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2011, 03:44:23 PM »
In my dynasty, I nearly forgot and my Sim had to choke down 3 apples before she went to work. Thankfully, she did have a boy (and not twins!). So I guess it does work, in some cases. However, usually I am more careful and have them eating fruit as soon as the chimes are heard.
What I find interesting is that when my Sims have a wish to have a specific gender child, and I don't interfere, they usually get that gender (or at least one of that gender). Does this happen to any of you? (It scared me half to death in my Dynasty when my founder got a wish to have a girl, and she had only eaten 3 apples.)

Sarcastic hearts. :]
Noble Legacy

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2011, 12:09:21 AM »
If they increased the chances of natural mixed gender twins, does that mean listening to the kids station will no longer work to increase the chances of twins/triplets?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2011, 12:17:44 AM »
I don't think they increase the chances of Mixed Gender Twins and Triplets, just regular Twins and Triplets. There's got to be a trick to this, it seems too random to me.

EDIT: I realise I haven't phrased that well enough. What I mean is that my opinion is that listening to/watching the Kids Station does not increase the odds of Mixed Gender Twins and Triplets, it only does what it's always done - increase the odds to a level where you can be fairly certain that the nooboos will be Twins or Triplets. I believe that there has got to be something that influences the probability that Mixed Gender Twins occur, other than the goold old "Get the Doctor's opinion, then eat the fruit that causes the opposite gender" trick.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2011, 12:31:28 AM »
I'm curious if mutiple births and mixed genders are possible on a townie who's pregnant, but not visible at the start of the game, (I'm talking about Claire Ursine, Juanita Blanco, Imogen Pelly, Jazlyn Parrot, Jenni Jones-Brown) type. I asked this because quite a few times, I would force Claire to binge on apples until her head exploded (not literally), and she had a boy, which tells me the pregnant Sims that start out in their first trimester aren't fully locked in (birth and gender wise). One time when I played with Jenni, she ended up with twins, (and she only listened to the kids station for literally five Sim seconds), pre-pets. Jenni has the Family Oriented trait if this helps to my little theory based on the increased amount of multiple births, and more common sets of mixed gender twins.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2011, 12:42:34 AM »
I don't think they increase the chances of Mixed Gender Twins and Triplets, just regular Twins and Triplets. There's got to be a trick to this, it seems too random to me.
I disagree. All evidence in this thread shows that they did not increase the possibility to have multiple children. Instead they made it more likely that your multiples will be mixed gender.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2011, 01:24:33 AM »
I disagree. All evidence in this thread shows that they did not increase the possibility to have multiple children. Instead they made it more likely that your multiples will be mixed gender.

From everything I've read, I have to agree.

I'm curious if mutiple births and mixed genders are possible on a townie who's pregnant, but not visible at the start of the game, (I'm talking about Claire Ursine, Juanita Blanco, Imogen Pelly, Jazlyn Parrot, Jenni Jones-Brown) type. I asked this because quite a few times, I would force Claire to binge on apples until her head exploded (not literally), and she had a boy, which tells me the pregnant Sims that start out in their first trimester aren't fully locked in (birth and gender wise). One time when I played with Jenni, she ended up with twins, (and she only listened to the kids station for literally five Sim seconds), pre-pets. Jenni has the Family Oriented trait if this helps to my little theory based on the increased amount of multiple births, and more common sets of mixed gender twins.

It sounds like you've already got some decent evidence.  Of course, more testing wouldn't hurt.

The thing about 3 fruits determining the gender has been around since Sims 3 was first released.  And, yes, it's true that the Prima Guide often has errors because it's written before the game is released and many things change at the last minute.  It's mostly luck that anyone gets the desired gender by eating only 3 fruit.  It was probably that gender to begin with.  But there are many, many times when 3 has failed, whereas eating 10 fruit almost never fails.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2011, 02:24:05 AM »
I think that Mixed Gendered Twins/Triplets are definatly common now. In my legacy, Shannon had twins, Rory and Niamh, and they are also identical;

She also had triplets, Owen, Alice and Katie;

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2011, 05:12:25 PM »
I realise I haven't phrased that well enough. What I mean is that my opinion is that listening to/watching the Kids Station does not increase the odds of Mixed Gender Twins and Triplets, it only does what it's always done - increase the odds to a level where you can be fairly certain that the nooboos will be Twins or Triplets. I believe that there has got to be something that influences the probability that Mixed Gender Twins occur, other than the goold old "Get the Doctor's opinion, then eat the fruit that causes the opposite gender" trick.

I'm curious if just not binging on either fruit (apples or watermelons) and not asking the nearest doctor to determine the baby's gender has something to do with this. Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Alexandria not do the apple/watermelon trick or ask the nearest doctor to determine the baby's gender in her immortal dynasty? Alexandria?

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2011, 09:54:39 PM »
I'm curious if just not binging on either fruit (apples or watermelons) and not asking the nearest doctor to determine the baby's gender has something to do with this. Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Alexandria not do the apple/watermelon trick or ask the nearest doctor to determine the baby's gender in her immortal dynasty? Alexandria?
I did use the trick in my dynasty to get Leda and Arche, I just didn't mention it in the story. The natural mixed gender twins started happening for me after the latest patch.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »
Tonight on my game I had a pregnant sim. She was one of the green sims from hidden springs. When she went into labor she had a boy and a girl twins. I was curious if this has happened to you with out any interference from you. I know how to get multi gender twins if I want . In this case however I wanted the gender to be a complete surprise and it was!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »
You might want to read From this post onwards.

Sportsfan

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2011, 11:26:46 PM »
That's been happening a lot with the pets patch. Read the last couple pages here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,3407.0.html