Author Topic: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!  (Read 110791 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2012, 04:33:36 PM »
...and yet I've had it not work - I was trying to do a matrilineal dynasty, and there was one generation where the expectant mother ate 5 watermelons and ended up with a son. Does the code mention the time frame where this affects things? I know the conventional wisdom was always "between woohoo and maternity clothes", but I wonder if it's more specific than that.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »
That's pretty lucky about the 5 fruit thing for me since I have a couple who both want boys and I only bought 5 apples for them. Glad to see that will do the trick.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2012, 12:13:34 PM »
My question is, how effective is food made with the fruit? And now that I mysteriously have "plain Pancakes" instead of "Watermelon Pancakes", does that affect it? I once managed to get a mother not controlled by me to have a boy by force-feeding her apple pancakes, but I tried that with watermelon on another mother and no luck.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »
I've heard it doesn't work at all anymore. It might not have worked the first time, either - remember at the outset you've got a 50/50 chance of getting what you wanted even if you don't do a thing!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2012, 11:27:18 PM »
There was a patch where they said in the patch notes that pregnancies are no longer effected by food made with a fruit.  So it has to be the raw, off the vine/tree (out of the grocery store) fruit to effect the pregnancy anymore.  This was done several expansions ago as I think it might have been around Late Night.

Mixed Gender Twins are much more likely now that Pets is out.  I think they wiggled with the coding so that cats and dogs wouldn't always get just boys or just girls for a litter.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2012, 03:25:53 AM »
There was a patch where they said in the patch notes that pregnancies are no longer effected by food made with a fruit.  So it has to be the raw, off the vine/tree (out of the grocery store) fruit to effect the pregnancy anymore.  This was done several expansions ago as I think it might have been around Late Night.

Oh no! So in other words, no more affecting a non-controlled Sim's baby's gender? Sad day!

By samoht04

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »
I don't control the baby (ies) gender. So when it's twins, I ger mixed gender alot. In fact, I've never had girl/girl twins before...
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sims3Twins111

« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
From what I have seen you might want to try eating 5 apples and 5 watermelons, I have the fertility treatment and I always get twins and triplets. I have never tried getting mix gender but I am right now. Hope it works :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
From what I have seen you might want to try eating 5 apples and 5 watermelons, I have the furturnity treatment (sorry if I spelled it wrong) and I always get twins and triplets. I have never tried getting mix gender but I am right now. Hope it works :)

Welcome to our Forum!

We've already discussed whether eating mixed fruit would do anything, and it doesn't.  The mixed genders just come on their on now in the game and the best way to get them is to just do nothing other than try to make it a multiple birth.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
That's so cool...i have never really thought about it. Getting mixed gender twins that is... were they possible in sims 2? I can't remember.

Mixed gender twins were definitely possible in the Sims 2.  I got mixed gender far more often than same gender in the Sims 2.

I haven't yet gotten mixed gender twins in Sims 3, but I really haven't had very many sets of twins (I don't usually have my sims do anything that increases the chances of multiples).  Does anyone know what the chances are for having multiples in any given pregnancy, if you're not using fertility treatment/kids' tv/etc.?  I'm curious- it seems to happen much less often than it did in the Sims 2, probably because we have options like the fertility treatment LTR.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
Seabody did some digging through the xml finds and made this thread that shows all the numbers for twins and triplets and the multipliers.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2012, 05:59:23 AM »
I got triplets with two girls and one boy which confused me so much that I missed it and had to go to the city hall and have his name changed to a boy's name!

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2012, 08:26:02 PM »
You could have also just created mixed gender twins.  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2012, 10:56:24 PM »
You could have also just created mixed gender twins.  ;D

This thread is about children being born in game not made through CAS and added. 

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2012, 10:01:01 PM »
This thread is about children being born in game not made through CAS and added.

Yes, thanks I know I was joking.  ;)