Author Topic: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!  (Read 111267 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: Mixed Gender Twins - It's True!
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »
I'm very new and have only been playing a week. I started out with one female Sim, eventually got her married, and after a couple of unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant decided to go for fertility treatment. By this stage I was getting worried that the parents, who were approaching full Adult status, might be pretty old by the time any children were fully grown.

Anyway, the result was twins, one girl and one boy. I didn't do anything special to make this happen, and I certainly couldn't tell you what the mother ate beforehand.

Interestingly enough, the older twin, Holly, matured to become a toddler the day before her brother, Thomas. As far as I remember they were both born around 2-3am at the hospital. I did take a rather long time deciding on traits for Holly before the second child window popped up, so maybe that has something to do with the difference in birthdays...

This sometimes happens with twins and triplets. There can be a glitch where one is one day older than the other one/two. I've had it happen to me several times.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »
the older twin, Holly, matured to become a toddler the day before her brother

They may even change back and forth occassionally.  I recently caked up my triplets on three consequtive days in order to get them into a specific order only to find that the order changed before they reached the child stage.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2013, 11:11:08 AM »
Does this work with alien babies (abducted not woohoo)? Can the abductee have multi's? And use the same eating and watching tv?
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Offline plumbobbie

• Nooboo
« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »
Well I followed Pam's steps, and it works. my sim had the fertility reward, and the family oriented trait. WooHoo'd the chimes chimed. i waited till the offically "annoucment" changing of the clothes, see visited Geoffery, he said Girl, so she went home started eating apples, read her books, went and got medical advice, had daddy read, she watched kidz tv, and then it happened.... she had triplets!!!! 1 girl and 2 boys!!

This is precisely what just happened to me last night! Think we may have overdone it on the "twin making" aspect of it all? There's no possible way to overdo it with the fruits, and I work it the same way as some others here; aside from day one of mixed-gender twins, I don't let Mommy Sim eat anything but the fruit assigned to the gender I want her kids to be, and she is constantly stuffing herself with it. LOL  :P
"Get it together... get it together." -Osaka
Routing issues? What routing issues? I just move things around until I can get my Sim where I want her.

Offline pixie095

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »
I kept hearing about being able to have mixed gender twins or triplets so I decided to try it out in my game. It really works.
All I did was:
-Make both parents have the fertility treatment (more likely to have triplets)
-Had a doctor in my active family determine gender of the baby when she was 'showing' (doctor must be level 5 in medical)
-They said she was having a girl so I made her eat three apples (and nothing else throughout the whole pregnancy, used cheat code 'testingcheatsenabled true' to help)
-Then when she had the babies, she had a girl and two boys.
Hope this helps  :D :)
If it says she will have a boy eat three watermelons.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
I kept hearing about being able to have mixed gender twins or triplets so I decided to try it out in my game. It really works.
All I did was:
-Had a doctor in my active family determine gender of the baby when she was 'showing' (doctor must be level 5 in medical)
-They said she was having a girl so I made her eat three apples (and nothing else throughout the whole pregnancy, used cheat code 'testingcheatsenabled true' to help)

Welcome to the forum! We have a thread about mixed gendered twins/triplets already so I will merge your thread with that one.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »
All I did was:

Welcome to our Forum!

These steps are actually no longer necessary to get mixed gender twins or triplets.  Electronic Arts changed the programming in the game so that mixed genders can happen as often as same genders without any player interference.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pixie095

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2013, 10:52:57 AM »
I managed to get mixed triplets!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »
There is already a thread about this.  I'm going to merge this with that one.    Please remember to keep all related information in the same thread in the future.  This helps cause less confusion and allows for players to get all their answers in one location.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2013, 02:30:37 PM »
If you're absolutely determined on a particular gender, eat more than three. I will typically eat the desired fruit for the duration of the pregnancy. Also, there are other ways to avoid eating anything undesired without cheats (lock the fridge away, just feed on schedule and ignore the Stuffed moodlet, don't have a fridge).

Offline wickedjr89

• Nooboo
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2013, 09:05:30 PM »
I've had quadruplets (possible with Twallen's Woohooer mod) be mixed gender (3 girls 1 boy) by doing absolutely nothing. I mean I had my pregnant sim watch the kids TV station and listen to the kids Radio station like crazy, hence the quads, but no watermelons and no apples. Nothing. It apparently is possible randomly but unlikely. The way described here i've heard many times before though and as far as I know always works as a fool proof way to get them but i've never tried it.

Edit: My quads were 2 boys 2 girls, I don't know why I said 3 girls and 1 boy. The quads are in my legacy if anyone wants to see them. They are teens now but I haven't got where they turned to teens in the story yet, just children so far. Jason, Nicholas, Charisma and Harmony Robinson. :)

I don't know how to make a banner or I would. I have a sim legacy story if anyone would like to check it out *whistles*
http://ts3stormlegacy.blogspot.com/

Offline Shawn

• Nooboo
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2013, 12:23:33 AM »
I had mixed gender twins. I got a wish for a boy, but I wanted a girl, so I ate watermelon. Read a pregnancy book, I didn't own a TV. And I got the twins! My first ones ever.Wasn't very happy as I don't like having kids very often.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »
I've been able to get it VERY often. I thought it'd be pretty rare but I have my pregger sim either with Fertility Treatment LTR OR have them listen to a lot of kids music and eat three watermelon then three apples. Vice versa, if you want it in a different order. In my Immortal Dynasty, I wanted a female heir so watermelon first. So, I was really excited when I got mixed gender twins for my Immortal Dynasty and got a female heir. 
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2013, 11:55:55 PM »
I've been able to get it VERY often. I thought it'd be pretty rare but I have my pregger sim either with Fertility Treatment LTR OR have them listen to a lot of kids music and eat three watermelon then three apples. Vice versa, if you want it in a different order. In my Immortal Dynasty, I wanted a female heir so watermelon first. So, I was really excited when I got mixed gender twins for my Immortal Dynasty and got a female heir.

I have said this many times and I believe it was said again just above your post. 3 of the desired fruit isn't enough to ensure the gender you want. I'm curious, though, about the birth order. I'm going to test that out myself. :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2013, 12:58:59 AM »
I have said this many times and I believe it was said again just above your post. 3 of the desired fruit isn't enough to ensure the gender you want. I'm curious, though, about the birth order. I'm going to test that out myself. :)
I had no idea three didn't cut the cake! No wonder my last pregnant sim didn't have a girl! I usually forget about them needing to eat the fruit for the certain gender, so I fell for the legend of three was enough. Whew, I got to be careful, I could end up with a boy heir and not intend or want it. I've always believed it was three! My, I just can't believe that I've thought that through all my time on the Sims 3. Back, when I was reading your immortal dynasty, (goodness, of the many times I've read it! I love reading it OVER and OVER, lol) I remember you saying Periwinkle (or it could've been Cinnamon, I can't remember) was stuffing herself of watermelon, and I was all like, "Why not just do 3?" Well, I've learned something new.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb