Author Topic: Ask Boss for promotion  (Read 28995 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Ask Boss for promotion
« on: February 08, 2011, 02:35:58 AM »
I have one home going sim with a normal job. I'm just playing, so he's never going to work, just working at home.
But I was wondering how often you can ask your Boss for promotion.
And does it apply to the family or just to the single sim?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Ask Boss for promotion
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 08:21:52 AM »
It would apply to just a single Sim, Lena. Not the whole household. I don't have a firm answer for you as to how often you can ask for a promotion. I do not you can't ask for one back to back — i.e. on Week 2 Day 3, and then on Week 2 Day 4. My gut tells me there's a cool down period of at least 3 or 4 days. Haha...cool down...my RPG side is coming out there.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:32:28 AM »
It would be nice to know for sure, for sure.  In my dynasty my ambitious, workaholic sim was only able to ask for two promotions in her entire career.  One at level 1-2 (while she was on maternity leave) and the other at level 7-8 (over the weekend).  She was getting promoted every work day so I just figured she moved up too quickly.

2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 01:49:47 AM »
I don't think there's so much of a cool down period for this as it's just that the answer won't be yes.  You can ask your boss for a promotion probably every day, but that doesn't mean you'll get it.  Usually, this action will be successful only if you are close to a promotion anyway and you've been chatting up your boss for while.  If you can get the boss in a friendly mood and you're near the top of your work performance bar, you've got a shot at getting the promotion (or raise).
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 02:19:16 AM »
Actually I couldn't get the interaction to be available every day.  I have asked on one day, then the next with the bar still full, best friends with the boss, on friendly status, and talked about work and still no option.  She tried every day for a weekend (Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning before work).  The first day she had both promotion and raise available, my fault in a queued up the request and the action before it was negative and dropped from friendly back to social so she was denied.  Saturday she worked up and only had the raise option available which was given.  Sunday and Monday she got neither option no matter what I tried.  So I just gave up, but it would be good to take a sim and test out the timing I think.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 10:37:04 AM »
I don't think there's so much of a cool down period for this as it's just that the answer won't be yes.  You can ask your boss for a promotion probably every day...

No way. I'll be happy to eat my words if you can prove otherwise, but there appears to definitely be a cool down period of unknown length going on. It's happened in too many of my games where the Ask for Promotion option simply did not come up despite friendship level and mood of the boss.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
No way. I'll be happy to eat my words if you can prove otherwise, but there appears to definitely be a cool down period of unknown length going on. It's happened in too many of my games where the Ask for Promotion option simply did not come up despite friendship level and mood of the boss.

Yes, I've also found that sometimes the option to ask for a promotion just won't come up, even when there's a good relationship and my sim has asked for - and received - promotions on other occasions.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I read on the official forum that the 'cool-down' is 3 days. The interaction will not show up if you have used 'asked for promotion' within that 3 days. It was discovered looking at the game code using the non-ea package editor program which I shall not name.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I read on the official forum that the 'cool-down' is 3 days.

Odd, I don't see anything regarding an explicit number of sim-days between asking for promotions.

I do see a check that you must be at least "75" in performance ("100" is the top of the performance bar) before you are successful in asking for a promotion.  Or if you are a "Schmoozer", then you must be at least "40" in performance.

You also have to be less than Level 9 to use the interaction.

----

If you would be so kind as to PM a link to the source of your information, I would love to read their findings directly.

Thanks. :)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
I am working my way through careers right now (as part of a project of my own I'm working on) and I find (like twallan said) at least 75% in my performance rating to ask at all.  Then I find I have a hard time getting the chat interaction every single day, but every other day works.   And I can't ask for a promotion to level 10 (the final level) in my career, I just couldn't get the "ask for promotion" option (I got "ask for raise" but not promotions).

edit - I was fairly certain about this but I went in game and started to double check, and I asked for a promotion on Tuesday (received it) and Thursday I didn't get the option, so maybe I was incorrect.  I know I could get a promotion by asking for it, then "work at home" (workaholic trait) and then get another the next day at work (you could get one a day at work if all you did was "work at home")  So now I've confused myself, which isn't much help to you. 

I think to answer your question if you had (for example) and pregnant Sim she could work at home and ask for a promotion every couple of days, she could go up several levels in her career with out actually going. (Satisfying her Ambitious/workaholic traits and have babies as well)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
Ahhh, that's interesting, Twallan. Specifically I've noticed that you have to have:

High performance
Best Friend Status
Social status saying boss thinks x sim is being friendly

Even then it doesn't always come up. Sometimes, if you quit the game and restart before you use the 'discuss work' interaction, it will come up where it didn't before (but you can't do that in a challenge).

Basically I was looking for a reason why it doesn't always come up, and the 3 day rule made at least a little bit of sense, although I thought I remembered reading once that you can only get promoted every 24 hours.

I don't use the package editor myself, so I can't personally confirm it. The site is down for maintainence or something right now, but I'll send the link as soon as it's up.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:09 AM »
I have never seen this action. Is it only with certain careers and traits? Or, do you have to use "discuss work" first?

Chuckles_82

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 02:41:10 AM »
You have to use the 'discuss work' interaction first. For the boss to say 'yes', you need to meet the requirements to be promoted. However, whether by glitch or design, the interaction does not always show up.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 05:22:46 AM »
Never discussed work since I thought the other sim would get bored.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »
After reviewing the link provided by Chuckles_82, I went back and checked a little deeper :

And yes, there is indeed a "three sim-day" block against the use of the "Ask For Promotion" interaction.

Very cool, since I was unaware that was even possible to do in the coding.

Thanks for the info. :)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

anything