Author Topic: The Alphabeto family  (Read 1464 times)

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
  • Trust me, I'm a meteorologist.
The Alphabeto family
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:59:56 PM »
Firstly, I would like to tell you about my playing style. I like playing with long sims' lives so that I would be able to accomplish what I want. I hate when sims get into an elder stage way too fast! Before starting a game I love to make my own playing rules and for this exact family I've decided to name the sims in alphabetical order and let two parents have only one child, so that the house won't get really crowded in the first playing stages. I won't ignore a baby if there are twins! They will be loved both :) And the third rule I have is this: I can change the rules whenever I want ;D

Secondly, I want to warn you about my story progression. I may update it not so often since I'm graduating university this year and have lots of educational stuff to do in real life. But if there are any changes in the family - I'll definitely let you know! :)

And lastly, I've never been a great story teller or writer, but all these stories in the forum made me think that I can do this and I wanted to thank all of you for the inspiration! Love you all  :-*

I will be playing The Sunset Valley 2.(1) (I took the one that Naga created and just added a Spa), that was played before (There's a big family named Rosebud) so the sims that live in the neighborhood have changed.

And now, let me introduce to you...

The Alphabeto family

In the middle of the night a taxi car stopped near some empty lot that has been like this for ages. A couple of young sims came out of the car with shining faces: they were that happy.

Acantha: This is it, Barth. We did it! -She almost yelled.
Bartholomew: Sh! I don't want the neighbors to see us... yet.
Acantha: Sorry my dearest, I've got carried away...
Bartholomew: That's OK, Acantha, I think no one has noticed us. OK then, let's get to work. We need to build a house quickly, before someone sees that they're missing the stuff I took.

The couple immediately started working and I took my chance took look at their profiles, so that I could know what kind of personalities they have.

Acantha Alphabeto. A young perfectionist, that dreams of being a descendant of her idol: da Vinci. All her life she was studying science and arts, which sculpted her personality to be eccentric, witty and artistic. She always had a passion in sculpting too. Acantha met Batholomew in a club in Brightmore and they immediately clicked. Unfortunately, her parents didn't see the click and tried to stop her from marrying him. She was born in a rich and snobbish family where she never felt like home. So she took her chance and ran away with her lover, married him secretly and moved here to Sunset Valley. The only things that she couldn't run away from were skyscrapers, these took over the small town already...

Bartholomew Alphabeto. This chap was born in some kind of a dumpster, apparently... There are no records of his family but somehow he managed to find the money to get to the club where Acantha was dancing and having a good time. He always gets what he wants and likes when his life is on the move, so I guess this guy is really ambitious. Nevertheless, he seems quite evil and maybe even a klepto, since he mentioned that he took some stuff from other people... But looking from the bright side, this kid seems to be really smart, even genial, and never leaves a mess behind him. That's good, right? Oh my, I hope the record of "hoping to become the emperor of evil" isn't true...

Sh, I think they've finished the work, it's nothing much but looks like a good start.

Acantha: Oh, Barth, I'm so tired...
Bartholomew: Uh uh, me too. But we did a great job and can go to sleep now.
Acantha: I think we're going to make history here.
Bartholomew: Maybe, I just hope that your parents won't find us here. That's all I wish for.

That's it for today. The only comment I want to add is this: Acantha was actually a random sim, all I've changed was her hair and everyday clothes. It really surprised me how beautiful she is! I've never got a good looking sim randomly before, lol.

Anyway, I hope I'll keep on track with this. Thanks for reading.

Offline Isys

• Occult
Re: The Alphabeto family
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »
They make a great couple I can't wait to see what the children are like. Good luck with the real life events hope you have a good one!
Attraversiamo

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 07:18:52 AM »

Bartholomew: Good morning, my sweetheart! Did you sleep well?
Acantha: Oh yes, kept dreaming about our future all night.
Bartholomew: Ha ha, since we have to make these dreams a reality, guess what I was doing yesterday?
Acantha: Um, making sure the chess table is occupied?
Bartholomew: Yes! ... I mean, no! I've found a job!
Acantha: That's wonderful news! What kind of job?
Bartholomew: Well, that's what I was wanting to talk about with you. You see...

I think that this record of his dream was true after all. He has got himself a criminal carrier... Since that very day he worked really hard to step up in it and he's doing really well, actually. I've noticed that people in the neighborhood started talking about increased crime rate in town, not to mention "that young new couple" that mysteriously appeared in the middle of the night.

Meanwhile, Acantha got herself a pile of clay and started making incredible sculptures. Since she was doing quite a nice job, she decided to take a chance in self-employed sculpting carrier to make some money. She got noticed quickly and getting better and better at this every moment.

One day, I've noticed that Acantha had that really-worried face on her when she was delivering one of her sculptures. But on the same time she looked really happy and calm.

Later that day I heard the two of them talking:

Acantha: Hey Barth, i wanted to talk with you...
Bartholomew: Um, OK. What's wrong?
Acantha: At first I thought that the food I eat isn't very good or something, but then my back started hurting... So I went to a doctor.
Bartholomew: And? Are you all right? Why didn't you tell me this?
Acantha: Well, you've been so into your career that I didn't want to make you worry. And I'm fine, really. It's just we'll have to find a place where to put the crib I bought yesterday...
Bartholomew: Wait a second, why do we need a crib? Are you telling me, that...?
Acantha: Yes, darling! We're going to have a baby!

The guy was that shocked that he forgot how to speak, I guess. He kept standing silently there for quite a while, but then the news got into his head.

The time flew really fast and when the right moment came a freshly new sim was added into the family. Meet Ciel Alphabeto:

Ah, those babies, they are growing up so fast!

The new kid might become a wonderful man some day, he seems to have a really good and friendly personality.

Offline Isys

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 08:22:15 AM »
Love those baby blues looks like he has him mothers eyes.
Attraversiamo

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:46:59 AM »
mommy's eyes, but daddy's hair :)

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:59:53 PM »
Those two are really busy parents! While dad keeps getting promotions in his job, mom takes a good care of Ciel and already did a bunch of really good paintings and sculptures for selling.

Acantha: Hey Barth, let's talk for a second.
Bartholomew: But my car pool has arrived, I have to go!
Acantha: Wait! Just a second.
Bartholomew: OK then, make it quick.
Acantha: Ciel's birthday is in one week and he'll be needing his own room pretty soon. Why don't we start on building a new house?
Bartholomew: That's a good idea! Love you, bye-bye! *runs trough the door*
Acantha: Ah, well, I guess I'll have to do this by myself, then. I hope he won't forget the birthday...

And she did as told, just look at that:

After a week, Bartholomew got arrested for the first time in his carrier... He got so frustrated and didn't sleep at all in the jail. I think he felt really relieved when they released him, because the exhaustion took it's toll right in front of the police office. Poor guy...

As soon as he got home they had a fight with Acantha, I didn't catch what was the reason, but I guess Barth's job has something to do with this. All I heard was Barth saying "...I'm sorry! I know this isn't good for Ciel, but that's the only thing I can do!..." Acantha had a party invitation that night so she rushed out of the house slamming the door behind her.

How have I forgotten! It's Ciel's birthday today! Maybe dad being arrested on the most important day of the year for you isn't the best present you can get.

Bartholomew: Hey, son! How is it going?
Ciel: Great, dad. Where were you today? Why didn't you do a birthday party for me?
Bartholomew: I'm sorry, buddy, I'm really sorry... I was... doing... some adult business. Now... You know what? Let's go out and have some fun in town tonight! How about buying some new clothes, huh? I'm guessing the old ones are a bit tight now.
Ciel: OK... If that's what you want.

Poor little kid... I hope he won't get really frustrated. At least he looks freshly new now:

The next day was Ciel's first day at school. He managed to study before that. I think this kid is a workaholic...

Offline Isys

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 08:41:49 PM »
Man he better not let "adult business" get in the way of all family plans.
Attraversiamo

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
Nothing's happening these days... I'm getting pretty bored watching these guys. The most exciting thing that happened was this gnome appearing right in the laundry. They named him Teddy. It looks weird, I would throw it away into the garbage can, just to be safe.

After some long day in work Bartholomew have actually achieved his dream! I've never thought that he can do this. Maybe I was wrong about him...

Bartholomew: I wonder where's Acantha... *yawn* I've got to tell her the news!

And the kid! What a nerd he is (but in a good way)! There's only two places where you can find him: at the desk doing homework or the chess table trying to beat dad. He's going to be something big in his life, I think.

Ciel: Hey, dad, I think I've decided what I want to be when I grow up.
Bartholomew: Oh, really? Ha ha, don't you think it's a little too soon?
Ciel: Of course not, I will soon be able to get a job, you know. I have to make up my mind! And besides, we have to do a presentation in school tomorrow about this topic. So do you want to know or not?
Bartholomew: Absolutely, tell me.
Ciel: I'm going to be a World-Renowned surgeon! I will get to save people's lives and have that cool thing with which I will scan other sims' bodies and do all other cool stuff. What do you think?
Bartholomew: *sign* Um, yeah, it's really awesome. Have you told your mom about this?
Ciel: Actually, she's the one behind this idea. Your move.
Bartholomew: WHAT?! I mean, she did? Where's she anyway? Haven't seen her for a while...
Ciel: I don't know. She goes out a lot these days.
Bartholomew: What do you mean by 'goes out'??
Ciel: Um, calls for a taxi and drives off somewhere. I don't know where, she's never took me with her. Is something wrong, dad?
Bartholomew: I hope not, Ciel. I really hope not...

Oh my, I think Barth's evil dreams have been shattered twice in a single minute... If only I could tell him that Acantha just simply got bored of sculpting and painting and decided to put her creativity to the new level and started inventing! That poor guy must have thought that she... oh dear.

Acantha: ...I think this will do. Ah, I'm getting smelly from all this scrap, I should get home.

Bartholomew: I don't like this. I REALLY don't like this....

Well, it's been a while since I've posted something. I've got a pile of meteorological data that I have to sort out so didn't have much time to play the game :) Anyways, I've decorated the house (At last!) and decided to switch to the normal sims' lifespan, maybe I'll get more news quicker this way :) If you want to see the house click here. Some of the stuff are still missing (like a chair next to the desk) but mostly it's done.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 03:10:57 AM »
This is great!!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ILoveDolls

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 10:02:02 AM »
Great job. I do enjoy your writing style. I guess you're not so bad after all, huh? ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:41:36 AM »
Amazing story, great characters, awesome storyteller. Result: I'm impressed! Congrats  ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline niuri_cigarete

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »

Bartholomew: AHH! I can't get that out of my head! I haven't seen her for days!.. She gets home after I go to bed and gets out again before any of us wake up. That's insane, I have to know what's going on...

That poor thing... I wish I could tell him! I overheard Acantha mumbling something about "a really awesome birthday gift for both of my boys..." and I'm pretty sure that doesn't involve cheating on her most precious two people in the sim-world! Ah, but what else can I do besides sitting in front of this monitor and watching him suffer. I'm not a god or something...

*The door opens and Acantha enters the house with a smile upon her face*

Bartholomew: WHERE have you been?! And WHAT are you so happy about?!
Acantha: Whoh, calm down there! I've been in the... library, yes, the library, you know, where all those interesting books are and... um... they're for free.
Bartholomew: Since when have you started reading?!
Acantha: Since... Well... Ah, it doesn't matter, can't I visit a library or any other place by my own? Calm down Barth, it's not like I am cheating on you or something. And besides, you're never home anyway...
Bartholomew: Ha! Library... You won't fool me, you know.
Acantha: Relax, dear, I'm not lying, I swear!
Bartholomew: Oh, come on. You're a terrible liar. Argh...
Acantha: You're right! I AM a terrible liar, that's why I never lie! And especially to you or Ciel...
Bartholomew: I'm not buying it, Acantha. I'm asking you again, WHERE WERE YOU TODAY?
Acantha: I've told you already! It was a spa!... Uhh, I mean library! After reading a book about spas I've decided to... have a good back massage and, um... went to the spa. Believe it or not, that's what happened.
Bartholomew: ...Do you honestly think I'm going to believe this?...
Acantha: Of course I do, that's the truth after all.
*the limo pulls over the house and honks it's horn*
Bartholomew:  I have to go, that's my car pool...
Acantha: Wait! Are we through this? I don't want us to fight, Barth. I really don't.
Bartholomew: Then don't do stupid things. *goes out*

Um, well... That was intense. The moods aren't really good in the house right now, but the big day for Ciel has come and he aged up into a teenager. That wasn't a good birthday party for him again, I'd say.

The kid has some looks! He surely can become a ladies' man some day unless he keeps reading all those books like a bookworm. I doubt he'll find a girl soon in this way.

Acantha and Barth haven't talked much since the fight and I haven't seen "an awesome birthday present" either. This really looks frustrating... *an explosion sound* ...Whoh, what was that? Oh noes! Acantha is on fire! Where are the guys?!

Come on, guys, where are you?! She really needs someone now! GUYS?!

Acantha: Oh, please please please let me live!
The Death guy: If only I could get a penny every time I hear this... Ah, nope, that's it for you. Get up and get into your urn, I have 666 more deaths to deal with at the moment.

Oh my, oh my, oh my... That is terrible! Who could have seen that this will happen. Bartholomew and Ciel, I'm so, so sorry. The whole situation right now just stinks :(

Bartholomew: It's not fare, it's just NOT fare... Ciel doesn't deserve to see his mother die now, we should be old and all wrinkled but not burn to death...

Firstly, that was sad. I didn't want to see Acantha die before the old age. And it was a total accident! She caught up on fire and immediately all three of them had their birthdays. So she just stood there clapping and all happy, having her birthday, while her bum was burning. Not to sound cruel, but that looked amusing :D (Image 1, Image 2) and after aging up into an adult she died.

And secondly, thank you guys for the support! I was really surprised to see that someone liked my story :) this keeps me going now...

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
That was sad, very sad.  :( Just not right. Poor Ciel... That's what you get when you don't make your homestead fireproof via a LTR. I liked the last two images (the links to Photobucket).
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »
Just read this. An awesome story, sorry about Acantha, that's a bummer. Sorry couldn't resist.  ;D

Offline ILoveDolls

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 08:11:05 PM »
LMBO!! (Does that make me a bad person ???) It was funny to see them celebrate her birthday while she was on fire!! There is another thread on here entitled: I'm Surrounded by Idiots!! How appropriate in this case. 

What's sad is that she died before she could tell Bart what she was up to.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »
LMBO!! (Does that make me a bad person ???) It was funny to see them celebrate her birthday while she was on fire!! There is another thread on here entitled: I'm Surrounded by Idiots!! How appropriate in this case. 

What's sad is that she died before she could tell Bart what she was up to.
Laughing at the misfortunes of sims does not make you a bad person!  ;D They are just too funny sometimes! My butt's on fire, but instead of oh I don't know, get to a shower, I'll just stand here clapping!  :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:18 AM »
Hilarious and very very sad. Dying on your birthday haha :'( :D
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »

I'm locking this thread and moving it to the Stories Graveyard. The author may request that the thread be revived by sending a private message to one of the Moderators.

mtglady
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

anything