Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 191291 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Ambrosia Time
« Reply #570 on: May 28, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
Yay from Immortality Jenni!! Now it's Joanna's time to shine!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #571 on: May 28, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
Go Jenni Carmen!
Only one more to go - wow, it's getting close!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #572 on: May 29, 2011, 06:08:54 AM »
Whoo! Congratulations Kat & Jenni!

7 down, 1 to go. So close now! And I'm sure with her determined nature Joanna won't disappoint! It's a very dual feeling, wanting you to reach the finish line, but also being sad that that'll be the end of the Starrs. Luckily we'll have Arlynn when that time comes!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #573 on: May 29, 2011, 07:19:06 PM »
Go! Go! Jo!

The hardest thing for me about this whole immortality thing is making 6 best friends.  I'm solitary by nature and I hate being in large groups.  I guess it was sort of a backlash from having a mom whose favorite activity is planning and throwing parties - the bigger, the better.

I guess the social butterfly gene must have skipped a generation.  Not that I mind, I have a few close friends and I have my writing - both of which keep me plenty occupied.  I've completed all my writing challenges and just need a couple more royalty checks to earn my final promotion.

I decided to specialize in romance novels since my family is filled with it.  I've dedicated a book to each generation:  Jackson and Agnes, The First Starrs; Starr Crossed:  The Story of Jessica and Sam; Three for the Road:  Jorianne, Jeremey, and Jemma; Jasmine and Rahsaan, Forever LoveJocelyn and Carmelo, A Love StoryJameson and Grace Go Super Nova; No Time For Love:  The Story of Jenni Carmen and Seneca; and finally Oh My Starrs:  The Unabridged History of Sunset Valley's Most Romantic Family.

The novel of my life is still being written.  Now that I'm grown up the elders can't stop me from seeing Eliseo.  I did, however, promise them that I wouldn't let him have a sip...unless, of course, he were about to die of thirst.  We went to the Prosper Room the other evening and had a lovely time. 

I met a bunch of his friends, all vamps, naturally.  The good news is that vamps live much longer than humans do, so if I can make friends with 5 of Eliseo's friends then I shouldn't have to worry about my best friends meeting Grim before I earn my ambrosia.  To hasten the process I decided to try my hand at party planning.  It was a great success until Ericka Wolff decided to spend all night playing keyboard on our front lawn.  The following morning...

Of course her younger brother, Mason, had stayed the night, too, and witnessed his sister's untimely demise.

Grim made his appearance right on schedule...

But in a very un-Grim-like fashion he just laughed at poor Ericka and decided she was too entertaining to take right then.

The whole exchange proved to be a bit too much for Mason, however...

And thus endeth my experiments in partying.  I think I'll make my friends the old fashioned way...on the internet!

While I spend my time honing my craft, the elders are yucking it up.  Mom has maxed her mixology skill.  Her latest concoction involves three kinds of nectar and a blow torch...

...I have a baaaad feeling about this!

Speaking of bad feelings, Grandpas Jackson and Jamie decided to do a little male bonding...in the hot tub...butt nekkid...

...that's just wrong no matter how you slice it!

Grandmas Jasmine and Jori have decided to retire from retirement and start life again as superheroes.  Grandma Jori enrolled at the police academy.  With her mad MA skillz I feel sorry for any burglers who get on her bad side!  Grandma Jasmine has enlisted with the local fire department, perhaps in reaction to mom's questionable barkeeping practices.  She looks spiffy in her uniform.

Here she is on her way to her first fire...

Never fear, Super Starr Jasmine is here to save the day! *cue the theme to Mighty Mouse*

Grandma Joce has finally retired from the hospital.  Knowing how much she loved her job I wonder how long her retirement will last? 

Grandma Jess is still working feverishly on her gem collection.  She only needs large polished split cuts and large spire cuts to complete her tanzanite, lapis lazuli, smoky quartz, turquoise, and opal collections, and she is at least halfway done on all the other known gems besides tiberium.  It will be quite a coup when she finishes.

I'll finish my update with a few pictures from my adult birthday celebration.  I managed to catch everyone at home...

Just 1 birthday, 1 promotion, 1 portrait, 1 sculpture, and 2 best friends until our dynasty is complete!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #574 on: May 29, 2011, 07:22:21 PM »
Go Jo! Go Jo!  Happy Birthday!

Jasmine looks awesome in her suit driving that truck! heh  ;D
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Go! Go! Jo!
« Reply #575 on: May 29, 2011, 07:26:44 PM »
The hot tub thing made me crack up. :D

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #576 on: May 29, 2011, 07:46:33 PM »
Congrats on Immortality Jenni Carmen Starr!  ;D And happy birthday Joanna, it's going to be sad when it ends!  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #577 on: May 29, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »
Happy Birthday to Jo, and good luck on pulling in those last few requirements.

Joce looks great behind the wheel of a fire truck.

It always skeeves me a bit when one of my Sims wishes to skinny dip with a close family member I always think "What?! NO! Thank goodness for right click."
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #578 on: May 29, 2011, 10:51:24 PM »
It always skeeves me a bit when one of my Sims wishes to skinny dip with a close family member I always think "What?! NO! Thank goodness for right click."

The scary thing was right after I snapped this picture Jackson popped a wish to WooHoo in the hot tub.  I'm thinking Jamie might not have little blue ++ signs above his head if he knew what his great-great-great-etc. grandfather was thinking!  RIGHT CLICK, RIGHT CLICK ALREADY!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #579 on: May 30, 2011, 02:27:20 AM »
The pictures in the chapter "Ambrosia Time" look broken.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #580 on: May 30, 2011, 02:29:55 AM »
Woo! Go Jo! We believe in you, personally, I loved the latest update! Awesome job, Kat! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #581 on: May 30, 2011, 02:47:53 AM »
What a great update.

Happy birthday Joanna :)
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #582 on: May 30, 2011, 03:59:51 AM »
Happy Birthday Joanna!

Congratulations on supermaxing writing! There's so few requirements left for her and a whole life stage to complete them in. The Starrs are going for gold!

The vampire and hottub scenes made me laugh. If I were Jamie I'd get out of that tub real fast :P

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #583 on: May 30, 2011, 04:09:33 AM »
Happy Birthday Joanna! You can do it Joanna!
I love Jasmine's new work.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #584 on: May 30, 2011, 05:30:07 AM »
The Final Chapter

Did Grandpa Jackson know that the last generation of his dynasty would be a writer?  How fitting that I should pen the final chapter to our story.

The weeks following my adult birthday were monotonous to say the least.  I spent all day, every day, writing novels to earn my final promotion.  I spent the evening chatting on the phone or online with my vampire best friends so that I wouldn't have to scramble once my birthday rolled around.  Everything seemed to be coming together perfectly when Grandma Jess and I decided to take a short trip to China.  I had to deliver a book and she wanted to photograph the MA Academy there for our local travel magazine. 

Normally this wouldn't have been a problem, but I didn't take into account the fact that I was waiting for the royalty check that would earn me my final promotion.  Somehow it got lost in the mail and didn't arrive until the day before my elder birthday!  Talk about sweating it out!  Moments after learning of my promotion I was jumping up and down for happiness!

Now all that's left is to make a wish and blow out the candles.

Oh my, I look OLD!  I refuse to grow old gracefully - that's a load of bull plumbbobs!  I got some blonde hair dye and poked around my dresser for some suitably fashionable clothing.  Not bad for a coach potato who held a desk job all her life and never did one lick of exercise...

Before I could even grab a slice of cake, Grandma Jess was dragging me into the studio.  Six portraits and three sculptures later we finally decided we had one of each to put in the museum.  You've already seen the rest of it, so here's my contribution...

Here is an overview of the finished museum.  Each outside wall is dedicated to one immortal, starting with Grandpa Jackson at the bottom (near the stairs) and going clockwise. 

The inner octagon is dedicated to Great Auntie Jemma on one side and all the spouses who made our family possible on the other.

Aside from a small seating area in the middle, the only other items in the museum are the awards each of us has earned throughout our lifetimes.

And so it is time.

I approached the food replicator with mixed feelings.  Of course I was happy and proud to have succeeded for the sake of my family.  At the same time I was sad that our raison d'etre stops with me.  Don't get me wrong, we still have plenty of living to do, but it won't ever be the same once I taike my first bite of ambrosia.

Here goes nothing...

And so, dear friends, our tale has been told.

Joanna Starr - Generation 8
LTW - Professional Author
Career - Writing
Supermax Skill - Writing
Other Maxed Skills - none
Building - Starr Community Playhouse (formerly Wilsonoff Community Theater)
Property - Papyrus Memorial Library
LTRs - Acclaimed Author, Long Distance Friend, Map to the Stars
Best Friends - Eliseo Ursine, Harley Ursine, Mason Wolff, Ericka Wolff, Lewis Wolff, Delores Jolina
Black Ops - A Fishy Science Project, The Boiler Room, Networking is Key, Deliver a Book to France, Book Donation, Deliver a Book to China
Portraits - Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Sculptures - Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Photos - None

Author's Note:  Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read and/or comment on my dynasty!  Your kind words of encouragement and your enthusiasm kept me going over the last four months.  Yep, I started this dynasty on 9 Feb, so we're about 10 days shy of a full 4 months.

I stayed up all night to finish my story, so I'm off to catch a few ZZZZ's and will tally up the final worth of my museum and make a final summary post a little later.

anything