Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192708 times)

Offline RJ

• Townie
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty *gulp*
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 10:48:44 AM »
Your house is beautiful! I love the wallpaper in the living area, and of course Jackson's shiny new car :D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
Gosh, your house is amazing!
I always good search house plans to see if there's one that I like the most. Then I follow that plan because I'm not much of an architect :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
I do the same thing, Kattiq.  This was inspired by a house plan I saw online.  Anything that I've tried to build without a specific inspiration turns out to be just a box with doors and windows.   ::)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
Awesome house Katluvr!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
The house is looking really good :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 06:45:09 PM »
Love, love, LOVE the colour scheme in the living room/kitchen!

I also like how confident Jackson is about his klepto tenancies, showing off his "new" car out front and center like that. :D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 07:16:24 AM »
OMG soooo excited!!!  Jessica is engaged and Jackson only needs 3 more best friends (2 days before his elder bday!!!) to meet his ambrosia requirements!  Gonna get some sleep and I'll make a formal update with pics.   :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 11:52:20 AM »
Agnes Speaks

When Jackson proposed to me I knew that he had a secret; I knew he was holding back.  And yet it didn't seem to matter.  Fate was giving me a second chance at a family and happiness after taking my beloved Erik too soon.  Second chances are rare, so I took a leap of faith.  Even if Jackson never loves me with his whole heart and soul it will be okay because I will be surrounded by my children.  Maybe someday he will trust his secret to me.

The day we brought Jessica home my whole life changed and, truth be told, so did Jackson's.  Even though he is a devoted husband and father, he is driven by a need I don't fully understand.  He spends most of his time working, cooking, gardening, and fishing.  He falls into bed exhausted each night and is up before dawn to start all over again.  He still finds some time for his daughter, though.

My days are spent caring for Jessica.  When she sleeps I steal a few moments to paint or sculpt.  Sometimes I even manage to read a book.

Shortly after Jessica's birth I celebrated my birthday, but it went unnoticed in our hectic lives.  I was determined that we would celebrate each and every one of our daughter's birthdays.  Before we knew it our precious nooboo was a toddler.

Apparently we took a little too long blowing out the candles and set the kitchen on fire.  There was quite a panic but one of our guests kept their cool and doused the flames.

No one got any cake, though...

Jessica aged up with some unfortunate hair.

She thought so, too, because she made straight for the mirror in her room.  I see she's developing her mom's impeccable taste.

While Jackson is focusing on his career and honing his skills, I set myself to teaching our daughter everything she needs to know.  Potty training and walking came naturally to her.  She's quite the little chatterbox, too.  We talk about art and her future and, oh my...apparently I'm having impure thoughts about Jackson again...she doesn't quite know what to make of that.

When we're not reading art books together, she is a busy girl.

Soon it's time for another party.  My sister and nephew showed up.  I really think Cornelia needs to see a doctor, she's looking awfully pale.

Our baby blows out the candles...

...and now Jessica is a little lady *cough*.

Fortunately her hair is much better this time around.

With Jessica in school and Jackson at work, I can spend more time with my art. 

Jess is a straight A student.  She comes home after school and does her homework.  Then we spend some quality time painting.

She's making friends, too.  She brought Amir Hart home after school one day.  Good thing she didn't see me taking this picture.

The two of them are inseparable.  I think she took our talks as a toddler to heart.

In other news, Jackson is climbing the career ladder and may be the youngest head chef in the history of Sunset Valley.  There was that unfortunate incident with the gas stove, however...

He's also quite the accomplished angler, although what he intends to do with this fish is anyone's guess.

We had a bit of excitement at our house one evening.

Fortunately the police arrived before the thief could steal anything.  I told Jackson this would happen if he kept bringing home all kinds of fancy things, but does he listen to me?!

My latest ice sculpture is melting, so I'm going to say goodbye for now.  I'll share pictures of Jessica's teen birthday soon.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »
Happy birthday Agnes and Jessica! The cake catching fire was funny, I've never had one of those! I guess that's another reason I let them age up on there own instead of having parties haha.  ;D Good job with the deathfish and robber!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 12:56:36 PM »
Sorry for the back to back updates, but I did a stupid crazy thing...I got so absorbed in my Sims that I stayed up all night and got Jessica all the way to YA and Jackson almost ready for ambrosia.  I don't want to get too far behind, so here goes.

From the Desk of...Jessica

I got on the honor roll again today!  Mom tells me that I'm too serious and that she and dad will be proud of me no matter what.  I can't help it.  I have big plans for my life.  I want to graduate at the top of my class and grow up to be a famous painter someday.  I can't wait until my birthday.  Mom said I could register at the town hall as a professional painter then!

Dad isn't home much - he's always working.  And mom wonders where I get it from, sheesh!  He brought home a new toy the other day.  Mom took a break from her housework to try it out.

Dad has been having his own adventures.  He was fishing at the cemetery one night and...

I didn't know he could run that fast!

Mom and dad planned a sweet sixteen party for me and it was a blast.  Aunt Cornelia enjoyed herself a lot.

We had cake and sparklers and, voila, I'm a teenager!  Okay, dad, hand over the keys to the car!

Oh yeah, Uncle Gunther is a vampire, too.  Poor Cousin Mortimer, it looks like he'll never get the family estate at this rate.

I've been letting my hair grow out and, if I do say so myself, I look mahvelous!

When I'm not in school I mostly do my homework and practice my painting.  I'm a professional now and my pieces are starting to sell quite well at the consignment shop.  I wish mom would let me practice sculpting, but she's trying to get 25 ice sculptures under her belt before my next birthday.

Oh yeah, mom has maxed out her painting and sculpting skills and has been recognized by the town for her efforts.  I hung the certificates on the wall in our studio to surprise her.

Dad bought the property across the street and has been improving it when he has some extra money.  It's now a little park, complete with playground, gazebo, and a picnic area.  I met my best friend Amir there the other day.  

I couldn't wait to tell him about the guy I met in school.  His name is Sam Sekemoto.  Amir seemed to take it pretty hard.  I thought he would be happy for me, but I guess I was wrong.

At first Sam didn't want anything to do with me.  I would invite him over to study but he would hang up on me.  I didn't give up, though.  I visited him at his house and we found out we have a lot in common.  He's an artist just like me.  I invited him over one evening but dad had to butt in.

Before he left I got quite the hug.

A few days later we met at the park across the street and I asked him to go steady.  He said yes, squee!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, my painting is coming along so well that I asked mom to pose for a portrait.  It turned out pretty good.

I don't understand her, she makes a big fuss over my birthdays but she just forgets about hers.  She was gardening one night and you know the rest.

She's still pretty hot at her age.  Dad sure seems to think so...ewww...get a room you two!

And so they did.

Dad seems sad these days but he's not letting on why.  He did a great thing for mom.  He gave her a day at the spa and salon for her birthday.  She had a blast and came home looking like a million bucks!

She perfected her ice sculptures that day and asked dad and I to pose for her.

Not a moment too soon, either, because my birthday is coming up.  Time for another big party.  Dad is such a great cook he is making dim sum and key lime pie.  I know they don't go that well together, but that's what I wanted.  And of course, a big old birthday cake.  Let's see if we can not set the house on fire this time!

Whoa, maybe I shouldn't have eaten so much, I feel funny...

I turned out okay.  I have mom's strong chin and dad's eyes.  After having long hair all through high school I decided to go for a more sophisticated look.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

I'm nothing if not focused, so the first order of business is to lock up the future Mr. Jessica Starr.

Sam was delighted.  His dad is a vampire now.  I'm glad I got Sam before he did.  I told dad the good news as soon as he came home from work.  He had some news of his own.  He got a promotion and an awesome new refrigerator from work.

Then he told me to pack my bags.  We are going to Egypt for some quality time together.  He really wasn't there for me growing up, so this will be a great chance to get to know him better.  He promised me a new camera for my birthday.  Mom is going to stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet for the first time since I was born.  Sam promised me he would look in on her every day.  I think they are planning a wedding for when dad and I return.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
Happy Birthday Jessica and Agnes! I've done that before, played for hours! They are addicting!!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »
Postcards from Egypt

Hi Mom,

Dad and I are having a wonderful time in Egypt.  He fancies himself quite the explorer and he's always getting on about buying us a little vacation home here when he saves up enough money.

My photography studies are coming along quite nicely.  The new camera I bought takes amazing pictures.  I'm also putting that collection helper you tucked into my luggage to good use.  So far I'm just turning up common metals and some alabaster, but it will help offset the cost of the trip.

I visited the sphinx yesterday.

Dad inspired me to have a go at tomb raiding.  I think I'll stick to photography and collecting, thank you very much!

Tonight we are going to camp out in one of the pyramids.  I'm so excited...NOT!  Mom, I love dad but can't you call him up and tell him you need him back home?  I miss you and Sam and I've got sand in some places, well, you get the idea. 

Whatever you do, DON'T encourage this vacation home delusion he's having.  Let's go someplace civilized like France.  I hear it's lovely there and there are no mummies or camels or shawarma (what the heck is that anyhow?! Dad learned the recipe so I think we're gonna find out!)  Sipping nectar and getting lost in art museums is much more my style.

Give my love to Sam and be careful with your sculpting.  You did remember to fireproof the house before you started working in metal, right?

Can't wait to see you!

Your loving daughter,

Jessica

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 10:39:04 PM »
Your updates make me laugh. I really enjoy reading your dynasty :)

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 11:21:25 PM »
Congrats on the new generation!

Just curious how you did this photo?  I love how you can see all the clothing styles in one shot.  Thanks!

[/i]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 12:45:21 AM »
Welcome to the Starr Dynasty, Sam! (I was personally hoping for Amir Hart because of his funny name - it would have been just as funny after marriage!)

Isn't it supposed to be "poor cousin Mortimer" when you're talking about the Goths being vampires, not Malcolm?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything