Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 191315 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty *gulp*
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 07:34:00 AM »
I can't wait to see wedding pictures.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »
Thank you, Alexandria, I love following your dynasty as well.  It is one of several that I have bookmarked.  I used to read books on the train while I was commuting, now I'm reading dynasties instead.  I think I'm going to have to increase my data plan - I nearly used up my whole month's worth of data in 3 days reading the Dreamweavers!

Lily, yup it's Mortimer.  I had a brain fart after playing for 24 hours straight.   :o  My update is fixed now.  I really liked Amir, too, because he was such a cute kid and he and Jess became best friends all on their own.  Unfortunately he turned into a chubby teen who looks like he's whining all the time.  The sparks just weren't there.  She set her eyes on Sam, knowing what a devoted dad he has and personally I think he brings some good genes to the mix.  As soon as she learned he was artistic and neat it was a done deal.  She just had to snag him before his dad vampirized him.  They will be married as soon as Jess and Jackson return from Egypt, which may be sooner than expected since I'm they're not having so much fun.  It was worth the trip just to get a chest and a top of the line camera, though.

Filly, I use photobucket to store my pics.  If you hover over a thumbnail it gives you the option to edit:

After clicking edit you see this screen.  Select EZ Collage:

That brings you to this screen.  Choose the layout you want, and click each frame to drop a picture in.  You can drag the pic from side to side in the frame to center it.  Adjust the border thickness and color using the tools below the collage layouts.  Then click customize (you can add text or stickers or otherwise edit the collage at this point).  When you are done editing, save a copy to your album.  I hope this helps.

Thanks, Rachel, I can't wait to see how the wedding turns out either.  

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 01:21:10 PM »
Awesome update! Sam is a cutie but I never use him cause I don't like his name.  ;)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »
Aw, thanks. That makes me feel special :) I have your bookmarked too!
And I also spend most my time reading dynasties :D

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 02:50:18 PM »
Katluvr - thanks for the detailed reply!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - One Down, Seven to Go
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 09:39:26 AM »
I haven't been able to post an update because my work schedule is getting in the way of my Sims time (I commute 4 hrs a day during the week) and what little time I have to play I've been working on the new challenge.  Fortunately I have a long weekend and my husband will be working the whole time so you can guess where I'll be.   ;)

Right now Jackson and Jessica are in the middle of a 9-day trip to Egypt, the sole purpose of which was to get a top of the line camera, a chest (best invention in the game, I think), improve Jessica's photography skill, and get as close to a level 3 visa as possible.  Right now father and daughter are holed up in a pyramid.  Jessica is cranky because she's tired and frankly the dirt and bugs are getting to her.  Jackson is really pumped about tomb exploration and is faced with two sarcophagi that I won't let him open because I can't afford to have him get cursed by a mummy.  I've also decided that while Egypt may have the best tombs, it is my least favorite vacation spot because they are so treacherous to explore.

I briefly considered cutting their vacation short so I could get Jessica and Sam married, but have decided instead to let them spend the rest of their time in Egypt.  The only thing Jessica is going to do is work on her photography and I think I'll send Jackson out to start making friends and collecting things to hopefully keep him away from any wandering mummies.  Their dreams of a vacation home will have to wait for the next trip.

Jackson will age up to elder on the day he and Jessica return to SV and I made a bad discovery.  He had a life fruit plant ready to harvest...

...but right before I sent him on vacation I noticed that the fruit was gone and I can't seem to find it in any of my sims inventory or the refrigerator.  I checked to see if Agnes is having her own dreams of immortality, but her life bar is right on track, so I don't think she was the culprit.  I don't know if one of these characters stole it...

...but it seems Jackson will have to wait for more to be ready for harvest.  He still needs 3 more best friends so this won't be a big setback, but some of his friends are getting pretty old so he can't afford to take too long for his first ambrosia meal.

Agnes is pretty excited to see Jessica and Sam married and is already thinking of her grandchildren.  I don't have the heart to tell her she probably won't be around to see them.  She is halfway through elder and I really need Jess and Sam to focus on their skills so they are ready to take over the painting and sculpting responsibilities as I don't think Agnes will be around to do the honors for Jessica's adult pieces.

She has been a devoted wife and mother, sacrificing everything for her family.  If it weren't for her selflessness, talent, and wealth, there would be no dynasty.  It will be sad when the Grim comes for her.  Fortunately the Starrs have a room full of her artwork to remember her by and Jess is the spitting image of her.  I wonder how Jackson is going to handle that constant reminder of Agnes when she is gone.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
Saying goodbye to the mortals has to be the hardest part of being immortal.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 11:00:56 AM »
I feel for you. When Chris died in my Dynasty last time, I took it hard. Of course they did too but I think I took it harder then them. It's really hard. Can't wait to see the wedding and nooboos!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 01:26:17 PM »
The inventing gnome looks guilty to me!
Great update, I can't wait for the wedding.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 10:08:35 PM »
What a guilty-looking gnome!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2011, 12:36:18 AM »
I think the gnome did it too.  I don't trust those little buggers.  I would love to travel, but I just don't want to take the chance.  Good luck on eating ambrosia.  I know I am going to hate it when Agnes and Chris pass away. :(
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2011, 05:24:49 AM »
I think both gnomes are guilty and used teamwork to take the life fruit. I don't think they want you to complete your dynasty!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »
A Mummy, A Wedding, and A Divine Meal

Jess really is a trooper and decided she wanted to stay in Egypt for the entire trip even though she was not at all enjoying herself.  We spent some quality time together in between my adventures and her photography.

She has quite a talent for snake charming, although the cobra is a little scary for my liking.  She says she is learning to kiss it.  I will never understand kids - why the heck is she interested in a snake when she has Sam waiting for her back in Sunset Valley?!  This doesn't bode well for my future grandchildren!

We went back to the pyramid where I needed to collect 5 flame fruit one afternoon.  I lost track of time while chatting up a lovely French tourist.  I didn't realize that Jess had taken her camera and started poking around in the pyramid.  All of a sudden Jess came flying out of the temple as if the Grim were hot on her heals.  She slapped five flame fruit in my hand and then climbed into our tent without saying a word.  Later as I was looking through her photographs, this one caught my eye...

I ran out the next day to buy my own snake charming basket.

Author's Note:  Okay so I'm a total doofus.  I got so freaked out by the mummy that I completely forgot to pause the game and get a really cool screenshot.  The only proof I have of the encounter is Jessica's photograph.  Hey, maybe I'm not such a doofus after all, at least I had the presence of mind to have her snap a picture.   8)

The rest of the trip passed by without incident.  There was that little run in with the electrical trap, but otherwise it was just an average family vacation.

It was an exciting trip but I was so glad to get back home.  I completely forgot about my birthday until that night while visiting with my old friend, Jared.

Jackson Starr, the Silver Fox!  *rawrrr*

I was acutely aware of my clock winding down.  I still needed 3 best friends, a portrait, to learn the recipe for ambrosia, some deathfish, and some life fruit if I was going to get this dynasty off the ground.

The next day I made tracks for Aggie's Book Nook to buy the ambrosia recipe.  Fame has its privileges - the store clerk gave me the recipe book for free!  Of course, owning the place doesn't hurt either.

While I hunkered down to read my new book, Jess was planning her wedding.

- guests invited - check
 - food prepared - check
 - entertainment booked - check
 - bridal makeover - check

- groom - ...
 - groom - ??
 - GROOM - !!!

That's right, Sam got cold feet and blew off his own wedding party!  Never one to let a little thing like being left at the altar deter her, my lovely daughter tricked her fiance into meeting her at the park across the street.  She casually strolled him back to our house and before he knew what hit him, he was a Starr.

All's well that end's well, though.  The kids really enjoy spending time with each other.  What more could a father wish for his daughter.

Sam brings both gardening and cooking skills to the family, as well as a lofty lifetime wish of Seasoned Traveler.  I'm happy to have someone take over tending the garden for me and he decided to make gardening his career.  He is also going to take care of all our fishing needs.  In his spare time he is learning to paint so he can do the honors for Jess' adult and elder portraits.

Our home is getting a bit cramped with all 4 of us living here, so I added a second floor.  Agnes and I will move up there after I reach immortality so that the kids can move into the master bedroom.  We have a lovely bedroom for our new butler, Lucia.  She's a brilliant cook, is very handy, and is a really sweet young woman.  I wasted no time in making her one of my best friends.

And finally, the moment I have been working for all my life...

Now there is nothing left to do but spend time with my best friend and beloved wife, Agnes.  She is 88 and I fear the Grim may show up any time now.

Jackson Starr - Founder
LTW - Culinary Librarian
Career - Cooking
Supermax Skill - Cooking
Other Max Skills - Gardening
Best Friends - Agnes (Crumplebottom) Starr, Jared Frio, Emma Hatch, Abraham Finkel, Lucia Huston, Morgana Wolff
Black Ops - An Apple A Day, On the Clock Dinner Date, Working Alongside Friends, Make a Dream, Celebrity Body, Alley Catfish
LTR - No Bills Ever, Fireproof Homestead, Moodlet Manager
Properties Owned/Upgraded - Aggie's Book Nook (formerly Divisadero Book Store), Summer Hill Springs
Portraits - young adult, adult, elder
Sculptures - adult, elder
Photos - adult

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 05:39:05 PM »
Congratulations on immortal number one.

Rachel

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 06:55:08 PM »
Congrats on the first immortal! And congrats on the wedding too!

anything