Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192791 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - One Down, Seven to Go
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »
Congratulations on your first immortal - today seems the day for everyone to reach that milestone! :)
And I can't believe Sam didn't show up to the wedding!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »
Congrats to Jackson on reaching Immortality!

Nice move on the sneaky wedding. I wonder how the wedding dress didn't tip Sam off to what Jess was up to when she met him in the park. I guess love is blind. :D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »
Maybe Sam has "Absent-Minded" as a hidden trait?   :P

Congratulations of your first immortal!
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2011, 12:06:51 AM »
Great Job! :D
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 04:05:57 AM »
Thank you for all the kind posts.

Actually I was only semi-surprised that Sam didn't show to the party.  He did that for Jessica's YA birthday party, too.  I knew he was neat and artistic when she proposed to him.  Once they were married I found out he is adventurous, excitable, and a loser.  I wonder if that was his loser trait kicking in because his other traits are quite good.

I just got Jess, Sam, and Jackson back from 12 days in China - formal update to follow.  By day 12 no matter what I did all 3 had happiness meters in the red even though all of their needs were green and they had no negative moodlets.  Has anyone else had the same thing happen?  I've got to do some research about that because they were practically unplayable from being in such foul moods.   ::)

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2011, 04:31:09 AM »
By day 12 no matter what I did all 3 had happiness meters in the red even though all of their needs were green and they had no negative moodlets.  Has anyone else had the same thing happen?  I've got to do some research about that because they were practically unplayable from being in such foul moods.   ::)
Try restarting the game that worked for me. :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »
According to discussion on this forum, it's a bug connected to the cheap beds. If your Sims have to stay at the base camps (no vacation home) than there isn't much you can do about it on vacation. I can't remember if the 2-bedroom tent helps or not. Restarting the game also worked for me, but you have to restart every few Sims days or so because the bug comes back.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »
Ahhh, yes, the curse of the cheap bed!  It all makes sense now.  I can confirm that the big tent ($2700 one) doesn't help because I tried that and they were still miserable.  Sam even spent a couple of nights in a tomb that had some upgraded beds, but that didn't help much either.  Probably too little, too late.  Next trip Sam is flying solo - he's at visa level 2.5 so he ought to be able to buy a vacation home over there pretty quickly.  First order of business will be to put in some GOOD beds!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
Congrats on your first Immortal!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »
Jessica Redecorates

Dad, Sam and I had a wonderful interesting trip to China.  Dad got to kick back and relax, although I found him repairing everything that broke at our base camp - which was pretty much everything there! 

I worked on my photography - I'm almost level 10 now!  I managed to take a couple of photos that were valued at over $2k each, which more than paid for our trip.  Dad and I also spent some time collecting, which will pay for our vacation home as soon as Sam gets his visa level up.

After a while I was really anxious to get home to Mom.  I think Dad was, too, because we both ended up in bad moods for days on end.  When all else failed we pulled out our souvenirs from Egypt and had some fun.  We're getting pretty good at this!

Sam spent his time adventuring...

...and getting to know the locals ('Hi, ma'am, may I come in and sit on your comfy couch and watch TV all afternoon?')  He has no boundaries, that husband of mine, but his new friends seemed to be charmed by his 'quirkiness'.

We were followed by the paparazzi everywhere we went, including our bedroom!

This set my nerves on edge and I took to sleeping in a rather peculiar way.  It freaked those nosy photographers out a bit, so they finally left us alone.

All in all it was a successful trip.  We are days away from buying our own vacation home.  One more trip should do it.  Sam's adventures, my photography, and everyone's collecting turned us a tidy profit.  Look out Altos and Landgraabs - here come the Starrs!

Mom was thrilled to have us home and we bonded over our art.

She and Dad bonded in the hot tub.

The next thing I knew, Mom and Dad were moving to one of the upstairs bedrooms.  They said it was so Sam and I could have their old room and we could turn our room into a nursery.  I think they just wanted to be closer to the hot tub!

Once Mom and Dad were settled in upstairs it was time for Sam and I to make the house our own.  His favorite color is green and mine is seafoam so, as much as I loved the turquoise and spice brown, it was time for a change.  I think it turned out pretty good!

Entry and Living Room

Living Room

Kitchen and Dining Room

Studio

Our Bedroom

Loft

Butler's Quarters

Hot Tub

Mom and Dad's Bedroom

Third Floor

Everything is ready for Sam and I to welcome the next generation of Starrs into the world.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »
I just love your dynasty. Its quite wonderful. There are so many threads here that I have totally skipped it before now. *goes to bookmark*

Note: I am glad you got a chance to place your hot tub. Maybe you have figured out already, but you can MoveObjects on then delete the hot tub plumbing. If not, enjoy putting one where ever you like. ;)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »
I just love your dynasty. Its quite wonderful. There are so many threads here that I have totally skipped it before now. *goes to bookmark*

Awww, thank you for saying so!

Note: I am glad you got a chance to place your hot tub. Maybe you have figured out already, but you can MoveObjects on then delete the hot tub plumbing. If not, enjoy putting one where ever you like. ;)

NO WAY!! REALLY?!  That would be awesome because it takes up a chunk of the living room as it is now.  I want to double check to make sure that it isn't against dynasty rules before I do it, but that would make the house so much nicer if I could delete it!  Thank you for the info!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 05:29:23 PM »
Actually, no cheats allowed in the Immortal Dynasty challenge.  Not sure if there's an exception for things like this, but I doubt it.  I just put mine on the first floor to save me the headaches.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2011, 05:37:02 PM »
Actually, no cheats allowed in the Immortal Dynasty challenge.  Not sure if there's an exception for things like this, but I doubt it.  I just put mine on the first floor to save me the headaches.

I am quite sure the building cheats are allowed. Let me go summon the god of dynasties. *Pulls out bat wings, grasshopper tongues, says crazy mumbo jumbo then screams: METRO!!!*

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
That's how I read the rules, too, Hosfac, but I sent a PM to Metro for clarification.  I believe exceptions have been made in situations when people have accidentally not added a trait when a sim ages up.  I really like having the hot tub on the 2nd floor and I'm willing to live with a chunk of unusable space to have it that way, but if I can fix it without breaking the rules then I want to take advantage of it.

BREAKING NEWS:  I just heard back from Metro and he confirmed that building cheats like moveObject on are allowed as they do not affect game play.  WOOOT!  Thank you for the clarification, Metro, and thank you for the info ILoveDolls!