Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192577 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - One Down, Seven to Go
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »
Beautiful homes and I really like how you have laid out the first one.  I wish I had the patience to build more.  Great job on your houses. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
A Grim Reminder

Sam and I headed back to China a few days after we got back from our last trip.  He really loves adventuring  and, truth be told, I love China.  It's just the cheap beds at the Base Camp that put me in a foul temper.  Sam assured me that we would soon be able to buy a vacation home there.  He promised me a luxurious bed and a fully equipped art studio where I could paint and sculpt to my heart's content.  It would be so worth a few more days of discomfort.

I used the time master my photography skills.  I reached level 10 - now all I need to do is work on sculpting to achieve 'Renaissance Sim'.  I managed to take a few shots of the Dragon Cave that were worth a small fortune.  Once I realized I could make good money from a trek into the hills I was there every day.  Those pictures paid for our vacation home!  But the pictures I'm most proud of came on the second day of our trip when Sam begged me to go on an adventure with him.  I was a little hesitant after my mummy encounter in Egypt, but Sam told me it was very unlikely we would meet one where we were headed.  So I put on my big girl panties and descended into the tomb with my husband.  We spent the night there and the next day we made our way to the heart of the tomb.  Hanging on the wall before us was an ancient weapon of some sort.  Sam told me that was what he was sent here to retrieve.  As he carefully reached to remove it from its display I snapped away...

These photos proudly hang in the bedroom of our lovely vacation home.

We spent the rest of our time painting and sculpting, with the occasional side trip out into the countryside for some photography and collecting.  Even Sam seemed pleased to take a break from his adventures to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

While we were there we had a long overdue discussion about our plans for the future.  Sam's adult birthday is just around the corner and mine isn't far behind.  I've been so focused on achieving my career and LTW goals that I've not given children much of a thought.  I've always known I have a responsibility to produce an heir for our family, but when Sam told me he wanted three kids I had all I could do to keep from breaking down.  I haven't told Sam our family secret, just as Dad has never told Mom.  It's going to be bad enough to watch Sam pass, but it would be unbearable to live for eternity with the loss of a child.  I put on a brave face and Sam and I agree that after my birthday we will start our family.

Shortly after returning from China it was Sam's birthday, so I planned a big party to celebrate.  I was downstairs setting out the food when I heard a scream from the hot tub.  Oh NO...wasn't Mom up there?!  She's always in the hot tub...MOM!!!!  I dropped the plate I was holding and took the stairs two at a time.  But when I got there it was too late...

I sank to my knees in disbelief.  Was that crazy old woman actually trying to fix the hot tub herself?!  She knew money was not an issue anymore, why didn't she just call a repairman?  I was overcome with grief when in walks - you guessed it - Mom with Sam in tow!  They ignored the body on the floor and instead seemed more worried about the hot tub being broken.  Honestly, at that moment I don't know if I was relieved or horrified.

I turned around to find the Grim shaking hands with the ghost of our butler, Lucia.  She was so singed when I first found her that I didn't recognize her and mistook her for Mom.

Once the Grim did the honors he went out onto the deck.  Apparently he was also concerned about the broken hot tub.  Mom and Sam just sat down and watched TV as if nothing had happened.  I sure hope they were just in shock.  I'd hate to think they are so callous.  I turned around to find the Grim taking care of more business.  I guess he felt bad about us losing our butler.

Of course our first guests started to arrive in the middle of this circus.  Dad's friend, Emma, made a beeline for the Grim and started trading kitchen secrets with him.

Meanwhile, downstairs...

...Abraham Finkel, one of Dad's other best friends, chose that moment to enter the hereafter.  Oh geez, nobody's gonna want cake after all this!

That's right, Abraham, no party for you!

Eat your plasma fruit, Claire, I will not have a third death in our home tonight!

In the midst of all this chaos, Sam blows out the candles and is off to dreamland before the guests even leave.

Despite the drama, everyone seemed to have a blast.  Go figure!

Mom, Sam's dad, Leighton, and the hot tub repairwoman enjoy a bite to eat.

And where is Dad while his friends are dying and his son-in-law is celebrating a birthday...

...across the street in the park playing gnubb!

When he came home I told him about Lucia's tragic accident.  He was pretty broken up and we both agreed that, since she had no family of her own, Lucia would rest in a place of honor in our family cemetary.

I hope she's not a restless ghost...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2011, 11:07:58 AM »
Yep, Grim crashes yet another party, he must not like my parties, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »
Thank you for all the compliments on the houses.  I'm already working on a major overhaul of the vacation home but want to send Sam and Jess to Egypt first.

The Khalids want to know if you could decorate their home...

I've saved a bunch of the wallpapers I've used in decorating both homes and I'll upload them to the exchange for you.  They use patterns I've downloaded from the exchange - I just don't have the time, patience, or desire to create my own - but I haven't had any problems with them.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
Happy birthday S. R.I.P. Lucia and Abraham. Wow what a party!!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
Epic birthday party, Sam! Even the Grim showed up, how lucky for you he got his invite in time.

R.I.P. Lucia, Butler.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline CarlaluvsSims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »
Great update! Your houses have inspired me to dig out a home plans book we have around here and start building something more creative than my usual box!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2011, 08:18:43 PM »
Grim was the cincher for me. Doing housework??. Lol. Priceless!!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2011, 08:57:43 PM »
What an eventful birthday party!

NekoZombie78

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2011, 05:58:19 AM »
Wow - great story so far!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »
Grim was the cincher for me. Doing housework??. Lol. Priceless!!

I love when he shows up because he does some funny things.  Mopping the floor, talking hot dogs with Emma Hatch.  I thought he might drop his robes and slip into the hot tub for a soak!

I had a bit of a scare at first, though, because I really did mistake Lucia for Agnes (she's 94, I'm expecting/dreading it all the time) - I couldn't tell because scorched sims all look the same to me.  My jaw hit the computer desk and I yelled 'No freakin' way!!' when I saw what had happened.  I was so relieved when Agnes showed up on the scene.   :-[

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »
Thansk for posting the pictures. I havent been on due to uni work deadlines so I now have the weekend to catch up.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »
Two for the Price of One

I think I mentioned before that my darling husband's lifetime wish is to earn a level 3 visa in China, Egypt, and France.  He's very adventurous and gets a little crazy if he isn't planning our next trip.  He even went so far as to ask if I would mind if he quit his job so he could focus more on his passion for travel.  Dude!  Your only job is to go to the consignment shop on a regular basis.  Is that so freakin' hard?!

Days before my adult birthday (and the start of our family), Sam told me to pack a suitcase because we were off to Egypt.  He was totally excited since he had never been there before.  I didn't want to spoil the moment for him, so I put on a big smile, packed my sand-resistant underwear, and we were off.

I made sure to pack my trusty snake charming basket and wasted no time in practicing once we landed in Egypt.  I graduated to king cobra.  I call this my mummy insurance policy.

Sam is quite single-minded about exploring tombs and working on his visa.  He asked me to come along to the Temple of the Wind.  We stopped to camp out for the night and, ever the opportunist, I put the moves on him.  Can you believe it?!  Shot down by my own husband!  How does he expect to start a family at this rate?!

My hurt feelings were eased when I realized that I wasn't losing my charm.  It was just that a tent was too tame for my husband...

I found a new reason to 'love' Egypt...

Geez, I've heard of hotpants before but this is ridiculous!

While exploring our second pyramid we stumbled across a - you guessed it - MUMMY!  I yelled at Sam to run for it.  I have a better chance of kissing my king cobra than he does, so if anyone is gonna get cursed it better be me.  The mummy set his sights on me.  I was trapped between him and a blazing fire trap.  With nowhere to go and no time to disarm the trap I did what any resourceful person would do...prayed that Scotty would beam me up!  I could feel the creature's stale breath on my face as I backed closer to the flames.  This was it...I braced for impact...and then...

'This portion of your adventure is over.'

OH YEAH!!!  SAVED BY THE BELL!!!

Authors note:  Yep, I'm a doofus.  I freaked out about the mummy and didn't get any screenshots again!  What's worse was there was no time for Jess to snap a shot.  I bet that would have been worth quite a few simoleons with her skill now.   ::) 

Sam and I were so grateful for our last minute reprieve that we celebrated as soon as we got home.

Is that chimes I hear?

It's either chimes or 'A Bad Shawarma'!

My pregancy was uneventful.  I made daily trips to the spa which kept me relaxed and happy.

I spent my time perfecting my ice sculpting so I can take over for Mom.

I'm just glad I went into labor at home instead of at the spa!

We high-tailed it to the hospital.

It was a pretty easy delivery and I'm proud to introduce our daughter, Jorianne Starr!

...and her sister, Jemma Starr!!

I know Sam wanted three children, but hopefully he will be happy with our two perfect, precious nooboos.  Jori is athletic and disciplined; Jemma is perceptive and a couch potato.

Mom was thrilled to meet her grandchildren and spends every minute she can with them.  At 105 she's showing no signs of slowing down.  I'm grateful for every moment with her.  Dad and I are acutely aware that Grim may show up any time now.

No sooner do the girls come home when they have Tobias, our new butler, wrapped around their little fingers!

Lucia, our former butler, picked the night we brought them home from the hospital to make her first appearance.  Tobias must have been in bed already because I found her sleeping on our deck.

It's a blessing having Mom, Dad, and Tobias to help with the girls.  I rarely get a chance to care for them because someone else always beats me to the crib!

In the midst of all the craziness I completely forgot my adult birthday.  It hit as I was putting the girls to bed.  Mom and Sam dragged me into the studio and tag-teamed me for my portrait and ice sculpture.

The next big decision was whether or not to tempt fate and have a birthday party for the girls.  We've been incredibly lucky so far, but everyone knows Grim can't resist a party.  Mom insisted that we have the party.  She said that if Grim came for her at least she would die happy with her family and friends around her.  She's far braver about this than I am.

We threw caution to the wind and had the party.

I brought Jori out first...

...and Dad did the honors for Jemma.

Jori has Sam's hair and gray eyes.  Her favorite color is seafoam, so Mom pulled out my old baby clothes from a trunk.  She looks adorable, don't you think?

Jemma has Mom's beautiful, blonde hair and Sam's chocolate eyes.  She looks like a little doll!  Her favorite color is gray but I thought she looked better in teal.

Of course, what's a party without a visit from Grim...

Our family friend, Tamara Donner, passed away peacefully while we were passing out birthday cake.

I caught Grim staring at Mom!

It turns out he just wanted to trade kitchen secrets.  Who knew that Grim was a closet chef?!

Despite the excitement, most of our guests enjoyed themselves.  Tomorrow we'll start teaching the girls everything they need to know, but tonight Sam and I are just going to relax. 

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »
Welcome and happy birthday to the twins, Jori and Jemma! They are so cute.

Glad to see the Grim got his invite for the party but left your Sim alone! She's made friends with the Grim now though. He might just stop by one day for a visit and invite her back to his place.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »
The girls are beautiful.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.