Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192570 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Jorianne's Wedding
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »
Dear Forum Members,

I know we are supposed to keep threads on topic, but since this is my thread I hope you will humor me for a moment.

As many of you have heard by now, Japan has been devastated by an earthquake and subsequent tsunami.  At last report I heard that there were 10,000 dead and several nuclear reactors that are in the process of a partial meltdown (for those of you old enough to remember, think Chernobyl, although from what I've read it is not quite that bad yet).

For those of us not directly affected by the disaster I would ask a few things.

• First, give thanks to whoever you give thanks to for your safety and the safety of your families and friends.
  • Second, send your prayers or good thoughts or whatever you choose to call them to our brothers and sisters who are suffering.  I personally believe that intention (prayers, good thoughts, etc.) is very powerful and can work miracles.  I realize not everyone believes this and I completely respect that, but if even the smallest part of you thinks it could help then how could it possibly hurt?
  • Lastly, and I know this may be asking a lot, if you can spare some of your hard earned real life simoleons, there are many reputable relief organizations around the world who are accepting donations to help the survivors rebuild their shattered lives.  The amount doesn't really matter.  If everyone in your town or province or state donated just $1, think how much money that would be and what it could mean to someone who has just lost everything in the blink of an eye.

If any of our forum members are from Japan or have family or friends there, my heart goes out to you, as I'm sure everyones' here does.  May you and your loved ones remain safe and may the world come together to ease the suffering and grief your country is facing.

Thank you for allowing me to share these thoughts with you.

Sincerely,

Debbie

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - A Brief Public Service Announcement
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2011, 07:55:19 PM »
I agree Debbie, I have and will keep them in my thoughts. I have been keeping up with the news and it's just heart breaking to see how many lives have been lost or destroyed. I do have several friends over there, but thankfully they were out of harms way when it all happened.
Thanks for sharing your concern. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:10 PM »
That was beautiful and thoughtful Debbie.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2011, 03:28:17 AM »
I agree Debbie. I've donated what I had in hope that someone can get their lives back on track.
I just wish I could be over there to help my friends and family clean up around their towns.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2011, 12:18:21 AM »
To Everything There is a Season

It started out like any other sunny day in Sunset Valley.  With Sam and I, Dad, Jemma, and Jori and Jeremey, our house seems like it is always buzzing with activity.  Dad and Sam spend most of their time in the garden.  When she's not single-handedly advancing science, Jemma fishes or talks to herself as the mood strikes her.

Jori is redecorating the house (and Jeremey).

Living Room

Dining Room

Kitchen

Master Bedroom

Nursery

Studio

Jemma's Room

Outdoor Gym

The newlyweds are also preparing for their trip to Champs les Sims. 

And me...I'm going stir crazy.  I feel like I've fallen into a rut and I need to stir things up.  Unbeknownst to my family, I took a trip to the salon.  I've decided that I don't want to look my age any longer and I'm going to dye my hair.  I think it turned out quite good.  I certainly hope Sam is feeling frisky tonight...rawrrr!

Speaking of frisky, Dad has a girlfriend...at HIS age...can you believe it?  Her name is Raven Lam and frankly I think she's a bit odd.  I know I shouldn't say such things...what with our family's *ahem* colorful history.  Come to think of it, he has been spending more time than usual over there.  I wonder what that is all about?

Author's note:  It is my pleasure to introduce Miss Cecelia Lam.  She looks quite like her daddy, no?

After the salon I walked downtown to get some exercise and fresh air.  Did you ever have a feeling that something was wrong and you couldn't quite put your finger on it?

I rushed home as fast as I could, but I was too late.

Dad tried to comfort me.  He knew exactly how I felt...he went through the same thing when we lost Mom.  But I turned my back on him.  He was the last person in the world I wanted to be with right now.  This was all his fault!  He condemned me to watching those I love grow old and die...first Mom, now Sam...someday it will be Jemma.  And the worst part of it is, I have condemned my daughter to the same fate.  And she will do the same to her child...and so on through the generations until there is nothing left but a house full of fossils who have outlived all they hold dear.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Farewell, Sweet Prince
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2011, 12:54:47 AM »
Man, Sammy left us already!? Darn you Grim!
Your house is lovely by the way, I love the colors :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2011, 01:10:58 AM »
Awesome redecorating! Beautiful nooboo.

R.I.P. Sam. The memorial picture is gorgeous, Katluvr.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2011, 02:42:13 AM »
I'm crying!!  :'( Sam is my favourite non-immortal because I love him (and nearly everyone uses him). I'm going to have sad dreams tonight.  :(
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2011, 03:01:09 AM »
R.I.P Sam!  :'(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2011, 11:06:29 AM »
R.I.P. Sam Starr. :'(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
Jessica and I thank you all for your condolences.  Sam was really awesome and I spent a lot of time with him once he married into the dynasty.  I took him on several solo trips to China and Egypt, where he earned level 3 visas and bought vacation homes so the rest of the family can enjoy trips there in the years to come.

He also maxed fishing and handiness and supermaxed gardening, painting, and sculpting.  I don't think I appreciated how central he has been to the family.  Jorianne definitely takes after him, so I hope those great Sekemoto genes will carry through future generations.

Thank you for the compliments on the redecoration.  The color scheme is based on gray (Jori's favorite) and seafoam (Jeremey's favorite)...horrible colors to work with but the brighter blue makes it more palatable.  I'll post my newest wallpapers in the swap shop in the next couple of days.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:52 PM »
I love the way you decorate your houses, and the way you've brought the outdoors within the home a lot of times, it's very cool.

RIP Sam

Cecelia Lam is a cutie nooboo though, I love her pinchable cheeks!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2011, 11:08:31 PM »
Cute nooboo! I love the redecoration! R.I.P. S Starr.

Choccolatee

« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2011, 01:19:10 AM »
RIP Sam.  :(