Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192539 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Welcome Jasmine Starr, Generation 4!
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »
The nerve of some paparazzi, I recently had one break into my home, I was so angry at him!  He left when one Sim tried to scare him.

I wish this one would have left that easily.  Jemma scared her repeatedly and she just stood there taking pics.  Then I brought in the big guns...kung fu Jori...and, no lie, they had 4 fist fights, a non-stop stream of insults, declaration of nemesis, and then she decides to go for a dip in the hot tub!!!  What next?  Was she gonna climb in bed with Jeremey?!  I was ready to go into build mode to see if I could pick her up and physically move her outside the gates and then she finally says 'It's getting late, I'd better go.'  I was sitting here swearing at my computer.

"Even Mom has gotten into the act by sculpting nectar racks.  This led to a not so amusing little incident."

Is it bad then that the picture made me totally laugh? LOL

Not at all, it made me laugh, too, after she got into the shower.  For a moment there I had a flashback to Agnes' death by sculpting.  I really have to watch these elderly Starr women with blowtorches.

I have to say I love your house, they layout and everything else that goes with it.  Very well done even if you don't feel inspired.  

Awww, thank you.  I'm only uninspired on what to do with the museum.  I'm really happy with their house in SV as well as all of their vacation homes.  The abandoned nectary is my favorite.  I wish Joria could do the landscaping for me, though.  That isn't my particular strong suit.

Haha! That picture with Jasmine and the inventing work bench in the background there is a flying man!  ;D

I wish I knew how to photoshop him out of it.  He's part of the SV paparazzi and is jumping on the trampoline in the yard.  Just poor timing.

Welcome little Jasmine! Love her room, especially the "built-in" bed. (Can I steal that idea? It would work so well in the house I'm currently working on.)

Absolutely!  I wish I could say it was an original idea, but I saw a story on the TS3 site where the person put a single bed into an alcove.  It actually looks better that way rather than having a random wall sticking out into the room, but the room is a weird shape to begin with and I didn't want to lose the space.  Also, a great big thank you to you and Ausette for Jori's beautiful maternity outfits.  I like them so much I'm keeping them in her rotation.  :)

Apropos of nothing...I was a bit surprised by how Jasmine looks - Jori has black hair and gray eyes and Jeremey has brown hair and brown eyes.  When I was digging back through my screenshots I realized that Jasmine has Jackson's hair color exactly.  For some reason I just fell in love with her as a toddler - I think she was the best looking toddler so far.  I'm interested to see how she grows up.  Jori, although not a particularly beautiful toddler, is my favorite so far.  I think she is absolutely beautiful - she got enough of the Sekemoto genes to dilute Agnes' strong features.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2011, 08:40:21 PM »
Welcome Jasmine!! Jemma does look like Agnes!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2011, 08:42:04 PM »
Question! Are all the immortal's names going to start with J?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2011, 05:46:32 AM »
I wish I knew how to photoshop him out of it.  He's part of the SV paparazzi and is jumping on the trampoline in the yard.  Just poor timing.

Here you go   ;)  :-

I used the stamp tool where you alt+click on the area you want to copy and then click and hold and drag to paste it somewhere else.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2011, 06:54:00 AM »
I was going to ask the same thing!!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »
Here you go   ;)  :-

I used the stamp tool where you alt+click on the area you want to copy and then click and hold and drag to paste it somewhere else.  ;)

Wow, awesome - thank you!!!  I'm going to replace the pic in my story with this one - they flying man was really distracting.  I really must get photoshop and learn how to use it.  I've started looking at some of the modeling competitions on the TS3 website and it just amazes me what people can do with screenshots and a photo editing program.

Yes.  I didn't have any brilliant ideas for a theme for my dynasty, but I knew from the beginning that one of my immortals would be named Jorianne (I saw someone on TV with the name and fell in love with it.  I used it on my main toon in World of Warcraft - we have spent many happy hours together.)  There are tons of great names for both men and women that start with J, so I decided to use that for any child, immortal or not, born into the Starr family.  I had no idea at the outset which generation would get the name Jorianne, but I'm really happy it landed where it did because I'm totally in love with her...

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
Oh, I'm so excited and can't wait to get home to post an update.  Jasmine had her teen birthday last night and, other than having lips that are too thin (thanks to Chris Steel, Jeremey's father), she is really beautiful.  She has the most gorgeous almond-shaped, brown eyes (maybe some of Sam's genes making an appearance) and for some reason she reminds me of a young Carol Burnett or Vicki Lawrence.  I'm so thrilled with how she turned out!  She's already registered as a self-employed inventor and is at level 5 in her career thanks to all the stuff she made as a child.  She's also close to maxing her inventing skill.  Supermax will have to wait until she is YA and blow things up. 

Right now Jori, Jemma, Jeremey, and Jasmine are in Egypt.  Jemma stayed home to catch crocodiles in the river near their house, but the rest of the gang explored the Sphinx and found the soulpeace statue.  With Jori at level 10 MA and athletic skills, I took her back to where I remember finding a mummy so I could test her abilities.  Unfortunately I forgot that Sam lured that particular bandaged buddy into a fire trap.  I think I remember where another one is, though.  I'm not so scared of a curse now because I have the Blessed Sarcohpagus of Kings both in their Egyptian vacation home and in the sub-basement back in SV.

Oh, if only I could play Sims full time...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
There are at least 3 mummies in the Sphinx itself - remember the note on the wall about lavender/purple/lilac (can't remember the colour) being the right way? Check out the black dive pools!

I'll be back to read your update later.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
Ooh, very interesting! Can't wait to read the update. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2011, 04:09:31 PM »
There are at least 3 mummies in the Sphinx itself - remember the note on the wall about lavender/purple/lilac (can't remember the colour) being the right way? Check out the black dive pools!

I'll be back to read your update later.

Awesome, thank you, lilygirl.  I only followed the purple ones and didn't run into anything particularly interesting.  Also, I had Jasmine along on that trip and I didn't really want to have a mummy encounter with her there.  Jori and Jeremey both have max athletic skill and Jori is supermaxed MA as well, so they can at least defend themselves as much as possible.  Must remember to bring some Scooby snacks along, too.

I have to get my taxes done tonight, so don't know if I'll have a chance to update tonight or tomorrow - it will also depend on how grumpy hubby is.  He doesn't like it when I am glued to the computer (which would be all the time if it were up to me.)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »
Jori on Motherhood

I always knew Jeremey and I would have a child, the whole 'dynasty' thing, y'know.  I caught Mom and Grandpa eating ambrosia one evening and put two and two together.  Mom has outlived Dad by a mile and never seems to get older, neither does Grandpa.  It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out.  Mom and I talked about it and she explained our special burden.  She told me I was obligated to have a child and she told me that if I wanted to spare myself some agony I would do everything in my power to have only one.  It was then that it hit me...I would lose my sister as well as my husband some day.

When I got pregnant with Jasmine a part of me was overjoyed and a part of me felt...nothing.  Mom chalked it up to mother-to-be jitters and told me that I would most certainly feel something amazing when I finally could hold my nooboo in my arms.  Was she ever right! 

Time is flying by.  It seems like it was just a few days ago when I would hold my baby girl and breathe in her soft, sweet, nooboo smell.  Toddlerhood flew by and I spent every minute I could with my baby.  I know it's just a mother's pride, but she was the cutest toddler in the universe.  Another birthday and my adorable baby became a budding inventor...so smart, and quirky, and sometimes a little too serious.

And here we are, my daughter is ready to enter the tumultuous world of high school.  Where has the time gone?  We decided to have a small family celebration.  The fellow in the fancy pants is our new butler, Oliver.  Let's hope he doesn't start moonlighting as the bistro like all our butlers in the past, well except for Lucia but that's a whole different story.

And here's my baby all grown up.  I still can't believe that Jeremey and I did that.

Jeremey keeps hinting that he thinks Jasmine should have a baby brother or sister.  I told him we could talk about it when we return from Egypt.  I hope he forgets about it.  I won't have another child knowing that I am destined to outlive him or her.  I just couldn't bear the pain.  In the meantime I'm going to enjoy two weeks in the desert with Jeremey, Jasmine and Jemma.  Don't tell Mom or Grandpa, but Jeremey and I are hoping to find a mummy so I can test my super ninja MA skills out.  For that matter, best not to tell Jasmine or Jemma either.  No need worrying anyone - everything will be fine, right?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
Jasmine is beautiful! Awesome update!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »
Happy Birthday Jasmine! I second Esther, she's gorgeous.

Good luck finding mummies in Egypt.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2011, 02:05:45 AM »
Wow, Jasmine has some of the prettiest eyes I've ever seen!

Happy Birthday Jasmine! *Confetti*
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2011, 02:46:48 AM »
Jasmine is one of the cutest sims I've ever seen!!