Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 191343 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - A Birthday and A Wedding
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
Well, when it comes to using colors I don't care for, I just relegate to the area of "little used accent" and color how I want :D

I totally get it though if you want to challenge your decorator chops by using something you're not so used to.  When I first was trying to dress a Sim in Lime green, I was like "no way" but after I gave it a shot I liked it better because it was so different.

In some respects I'm a stickler for tradition.  I started off decorating the house in the favorite colors of the current generation (Agnes/Jackson - spice brown & aqua, Jess/Sam - seafoam & some shade of green, Jori & Jeremey - gray & seafoam).  The only real exception to this is each immortal's bedroom upstairs.  I keep the same decor that they had when they had the main bedroom downstairs.  Up until now I've been really lucky - each generation has had colors that harmonized well with each other and could be used everywhere without being overpowering.  I spent about 2 hours figuring out how to make aqua and violet work, but I finally stumbled on something that I think actually looks surprisingly good - I'll post pics when the kids get back from their honeymoon.  It's not my favorite redesign, but it's the one I'm most proud of because it was so hard.

I'd have to see him in his undies before I make a final say on if he's as hot as Antone! Hint hint haha.

I don't know if he's as hot as Antone, but he sure is easy on the eyes.  He looks awesome in a speedo...   ;D  

I recolored Jasmine's pajamas to match his...they look so cute together!

~~~~~~~So You Think You Had a Bad Day?~~~~~~~

In my infinite wisdom I decided to send Jori, Jeremey and Jemma to France with the newlyweds...BIG MISTAKE!

As soon as they arrived, Jori and Jasmine raced upstairs to the hot tub and decided to skinny dip...TOGETHER!  :o  

All I can say is my mom and I are very close but I sure as heck wouldn't want to skinny dip with her...I think I just threw up a little.

Jeremey raced outside to play in the sprinklers and got stuck due to a heretofor unknown pathing problem.  Jemma started talking to herself.  The only halfway normal one was Raj, who sat in the living room and read a book.

The whole point of the trip was for Jasmine to blow up 149 things (she blew up the plane at the military base the day after her birthday) and finish making big inventions and widgets towards supermaxing her inventing skill.  I have been saving up all the celebrity gifts and extra furniture for just this purpose...so I laid them all out like a yard sale near the garage-type building at the front of the property...BIG MISTAKE!!

Jasmine set the first explosive and when it went off - KABOOM - 3 other pieces of furniture blew up besides the one she was aiming for.

In addition, a HUGE fire started that quickly spread to the basement (nectar bar and cellar) of the garage-type building.  How a fire goes from the ground outside a building to the basement of said building without touching the ground floor is beyond me, but that's what happened.  

All 5 sims are now standing around the flames in a panic while the nectar cellar is destroyed and all the closely-packed furniture to be detonated fuels the outside fire.  The firemen finally arrive, but not before Jasmine's relationship with the entire family takes a serious hit.  Never having played an inventor before (and being dumb as a stump sometimes), yours truly decides that Jasmine should continue blowing stuff up after the fire is put out...with predictable results...another fire and 5 very freaked out sims.  

After about 3 more fires it finally dawned on me that I had placed the furniture too close together (dumb as a stump!)

By this time Jasmine's relationship with Raj is down about halfway from a full meter and she is almost at zero with Jori, Jemma, and Jeremey.  She is also pretty well disliked by everyone in Champs les Sims.  Time for a strategic decision...send Jemma and Jeremey home because they are more trouble than they are worth and I don't want them to hate Jasmine.  I want Jori to stay so she can break space rock blocks for gems and Raj to stay so he and Jasmine can have a honeymoon.  Three sims, I can handle three sims.

For the rest of the furniture demolition I sent Raj and Jori as far away from home as possible to preserve what was left of their relationships with Jasmine.  What I didn't count on was that even though Jemma and Jeremey were no longer in France, for some reason they were still registering as part of the group...so their relationships with Jasmine continued to deteriorate as if they were in France and there was nothing I could do to repair the damage.  By the time Jasmine finished blowing stuff up Jemma, Jeremey and half of France outright hated her.  Her relationship with Jori was slightly in the red, but there was time to fix that, and prolonged stretches of WooHoo with Raj in between blowing stuff up seemed to keep him happy.

Moral of the story:  Don't bring your parents on your honeymoon and, if you're going to blow stuff up, don't even bring your husband!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
Eeesh. That sounds like the worst vacation ever. :o
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »
Ouch! Nothing a game of Gnubb can't solve!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »
Maybe next time she should place all the gifted furniture to be blown up in the main hall of the house, just to see if she could actually burn the entire house down! Hmmmm ... *heads off to play her inventor*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2011, 12:46:08 PM »
Uh-oh! Sounds like they had an interesting time away :D

Offline SimMania :P

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
wops that trip didn't go so well.   :-\ I just got sims 3 pc today  ;D made a very cool house after a little money cheat XD what expansion packs are you using?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Katluvr - I must say that I love your story.  And by far this partial update of the actual events has me giggling.  It also let's me see that Gen 3 of the Steels is going to have lots of fun time.   Your wisdom however learned is greatly absorbed lol.

Wish you luck on the rest of the vacation and can't wait to read the update. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
You're not "dumb as a stump" for not thinking of that, we all make little ommissions of intelligence.

It took me months of reading stories to realize Nooboo meant baby.

I killed over 25 fish, because I was trying to house predator with prey, "Gee, where are all my fishes going? Maybe down the gullet of those suspicously fat other fish."

These things just happen :)

So much for the honeymoon abroad, but I bet the second honeymoon (read: reconnecting with husband and family) back home will be much more successful.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »
Like Juxt said, you're not dumb! After a few years of playing, I still find things I didn't know about!! Practice makes perfect! Maybe by the time The Sims 10 is out I will know everything about The Sims 3!  ;D Can't wait to see the pics!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #264 on: April 20, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »
wops that trip didn't go so well.   :-\ I just got sims 3 pc today  ;D made a very cool house after a little money cheat XD what expansion packs are you using?

Congrats on getting the PC version!  I hope you'll post pics of your house in the Showboat thread under Building and Construction - I'd love to see it!  I have all the EPs and SPs plus a bunch of stuff from the store and I have Generations on pre-order (video games are my primary hobby).  At first I was really keen on LN - vamps are awesome - but as I've played more I like WA and Amb better, so I would recommend those as ones to get as soon as you can.  Of the SPs I love HELS and OL.  FL is good for all the new cars, but I never really use any of the other stuff from that pack.

You're not "dumb as a stump" for not thinking of that, we all make little ommissions of intelligence.

It took me months of reading stories to realize Nooboo meant baby.

I killed over 25 fish, because I was trying to house predator with prey, "Gee, where are all my fishes going? Maybe down the gullet of those suspicously fat other fish."

These things just happen :)

So much for the honeymoon abroad, but I bet the second honeymoon (read: reconnecting with husband and family) back home will be much more successful.

Like Juxt said, you're not dumb! After a few years of playing, I still find things I didn't know about!! Practice makes perfect! Maybe by the time The Sims 10 is out I will know everything about The Sims 3!  ;D Can't wait to see the pics!

He he, that part of the trip was actually hysterically funny to play after I got over the fear of turning some of my sims (especially Jasmine - future immortal, sans Death Flower) into crispy critters.  I was laughing at them and at myself the whole time it was happening.   ;D  I'm glad to hear other people do silly stuff without realizing it, too.  I've only been playing since January, so there are a lot of professions and skills I really haven't tried out yet - inventing being one of them.  Up until now I've tried out new stuff either in another game or using a spouse to get the hang of it before the heir has to do it for real.  

Things are going a little better now that Jasmine has stopped blowing stuff up.  She and Raj are back up to a full relationship meter.  Jori is back in the green after teaching her the songs she learned in China and France (Jori sings them so often that I sometimes start singing 'Ping and his Checkers' around my house  ::) ).  

I realized that I have pics of everything I wrote about in my mini-update, so I'm going to add them in and make it more of an official update when I get home from work tonight.

Katluvr - I must say that I love your story.  And by far this partial update of the actual events has me giggling.  It also let's me see that Gen 3 of the Steels is going to have lots of fun time.   Your wisdom however learned is greatly absorbed lol.

Wish you luck on the rest of the vacation and can't wait to read the update.  

Awww, thank you Rica!  I can't wait to see how Coriander does with inventing.  Seriously, though, if you have a vacation home, send him to a foreign country...alone...to blow up 150 things so that everyone in SV doesn't hate him.  Spread out the stuff you are going to detonate - the bigger the item the more room you should leave around it.  The other helpful thing I learned is that your sim doesn't have to pick up all the piles of scrap - you can drag them into their inventory so they can just keep on blowing stuff up while you pick up behind them.

Or invent a Harvester.  ;)

That's another good option.  She hadn't completed 100 big inventions yet and I didn't want to risk a low quality harvester.  Sometimes it makes your sim dizzy and nauseous.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
Or invent a Harvester.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »
well i will try to upload them soon. ok ill see if i can get them i now have outdoor living because i love decorating.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
Here is the redecoration of the house for Jasmine and Raj.  It was really hard coming up with something using aqua and violet without it being eye-blistering, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.  In addition to what I've shown here, there are 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor and 4 bedrooms on the 3rd floor.  Right now Jackson, Jess, Jemma, and Jori/Jeremey are in the 2nd floor bedrooms and the 3rd floor bedrooms are waiting for future generations.

GROUND FLOOR

Kitchen/Dining Room

Living Room

Studio

Bathroom/Laundry

Master Bedroom

Nursery

SECOND FLOOR

Logic Terrace (formerly hot tub)

Loft

THIRD FLOOR

Rec Room

Bathroom

Hot Tub

From the Front

• Llama Wrangler
wow your house looks amazing.

• Llama Wrangler
Also about uploading pics of my house i dont know where to put them and how to do it.  ???