Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192541 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
I love the newly decorated house!  You were right it came out really well.

SimMania - Welcome to the forum!  There is a gallery that you can use for our members to upload them.  You could create an album for those pictures and then link the album in your signature if you can't find an appropriate thread to make.   I wouldn't suggest doing it in a dynasty thread though.   Then again.. you could always make a story to go with your house and share it in the Misc Stories section.  We love a good story around here.  Again welcome!

Katluvr - again! love the house!  Thanks for the advice for Coriander.   I think I may have to send someone to get a Visa 3 in France to get a house way out in the country where there is plenty of yard space. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline jen2912

• Townie
I like the new decorated house!  How did you get the tube below the hot tub to disappear?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Also about uploading pics of my house i dont know where to put them and how to do it.  ???

As Rica said, we have a gallery on the forum.  You have to register separately for it and a mod will have to grant you access, but that shouldn't take too long.  I use photobucket, so that's another acceptable option for storing your screenshots online so you can insert them into your post.  Photobucket automatically generates the bb code, so you just copy and paste it into your post.

If you want to share pics of your house you can post in this thread.  Be sure to read the rules for that thread in the first post.  We have a lot of really talented builders on the forum so that thread is also a great place to ask for help or feedback if you're stuck on a build.

I like the new decorated house!  How did you get the tube below the hot tub to disappear?

You can remove the plumbing under the hot tub by using the building cheat 'moveObjects On' - one of the other forum members taught me that little trick.  For more info on cheats refer to this section of the guide.  I confirmed with Metro, our Challenge Coordinator, that building cheats are allowed in an immortal dynasty attempt - although no other cheats are allowed if you are going for the hall of fame.

Katluvr - again! love the house!  Thanks for the advice for Coriander.   I think I may have to send someone to get a Visa 3 in France to get a house way out in the country where there is plenty of yard space.  

Thanks, Rica!  It won't matter how far away you are from other sims - they will still end up disliking Coriander if he's blowing up a lot of stuff.  The reason I wanted to go abroad to do it was because my 6 best friends never seem to come from a foreign country, so it doesn't matter if they hate my heir in France.  It would be really hard to fix the relationship damage and get best friends if I stayed in SV to blow stuff up.  Plus vacation homes are just plain awesome.  If you give your sims the prepared traveler LTR and buy the certificate of partnership when you reach visa level 3 you can get a nice long trip - perfect for supermaxing skills without aging.  :D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Awesome house~! ^^
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
The house is beautiful, Katluvr! You did an amazing job getting Violet and Aqua to co-exist and maintain a friendly relationship. Kudos to you.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
The house is fantastic. I love the overall look, and the outside is amazing. Grats, Katluvr! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
Thank you for all the compliments!  At first I didn't think it was my best work, but the more I look at it the happier I am with the end result.

One other pic that doesn't fit into an update but I'm really proud of...

back row:   opal, ruby, smithsonite, quartz, diamond, blue topaz
middle row:  smoky quartz, alabaster, septarian nodule, rainbow gem, tiberium, fluorite, amethyst, yellow sapphire
front row:  sapphire, citrine, emerald, vampire's eye, luminorious gem, soulpeace, lapis lazuli, jade, turquoise

All I need is a geode skull and a pink diamond skull and I have the complete collection.  I'm working on large hearts next and then large sculptor's eggs.

The only possible problem is my game crashed last night and I don't remember if I saved it after I got the tiberium skull or not (it was 3am and I was too tired to log back in) - so hopefully if I have to redo the transfiguration I will get lucky again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Awesome house Katluvr!! I love the way you made it work! I love the skull gems! They are awesome!!

Offline Allie0563

• Llama Wrangler
I just read this entire story over the past 2 days...at work...during my breaks and lunch....and all I can say is WOW.  I want to be you when I grow up.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
I just read this entire story over the past 2 days...at work...during my breaks and lunch....and all I can say is WOW.  I want to be you when I grow up.

Welcome to the forum, Allie!  Thank you for such a kind compliment, I'm sitting here blushing.  We have so many incredibly talented folks in this community that have inspired me - I hope you'll find the time to read their dynasties and stories and maybe even try one of your own.  Everyone is very kind and encouraging, so don't be shy! 

Offline Phyre

• Occult
I could not stop laughing when I read the "Horribly Horrific Holiday" update. I can imagine it wasn't very amusing to play - seeing all your sims' relationship bars fly to deep freeze - but the recap was hilarious. I hope the damage wasn't too extensive and they manage to repair it speedily.

The house turned out lovely as well, I especially like the use of colours (indoor). I am very much a black, brown, beige, white with some pastel tints type. It's lovely to see how you managed to combine and compose a wealth of colour so nicely!

Offline SimMania :P

• Llama Wrangler
I need a answer APAS. My Sims are at top of romantic interest bar and have had a child to together and they now have wishes to get married... but when i look on their interactions it doesn't have anything to do with going steady or getting married. Dose anyone know how to fix it? ???

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Uhm... Wouldn't it be better to start a thread about this? ???
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
I need a answer APAS. My Sims are at top of romantic interest bar and have had a child to together and they now have wishes to get married... but when i look on their interactions it doesn't have anything to do with going steady or getting married. Dose anyone know how to fix it? ???

You need to spam romantic interactions until they find each other irresistable and then you should have first the option to go steady, after that the option to propose marriage, and after that get married.  If they fall below 'irresistable' then just keep spamming romantics until the options you want are available.

Uhm... Wouldn't it be better to start a thread about this? ???

Thank you, Simstar.  You're absolutely right.  SimMania, I'm more than happy to help you if I know how, but it's not polite to post random messages asking for help in someone else's story thread.  There is a whole section of the board where you can post asking for help.  If you specifically want my help, then please PM me instead of posting in my dynasty.  Thank you!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
Just an Ordinary Day

Raj and I cut the honeymoon a little short.  I finished detonating things and building big inventions and widgets.  All that's left is to learn how to make the ultimate invention - whatever that is.  Raj was anxious to get home and start his new job and Mom was missing Dad and Aunt Jemma, so back to Sunset Valley it is!

You may wonder what a normal day is like around our house, what with 5 elders - 3 of whom are immortal.  Well, the short answer is that there is no such thing as a normal day at our house.

Grandpa Jackson retired from his career as  5-star chef long before I was ever born.  He has taken up a second career as a self-employed gardener and he spends most days in the garden working hard...hardly working.

When he's not playing in the sprinklers he likes to jump on the trampoline or go into town for the day. 

He ran into is daughter, Cecelia Lam, at the library.  It was a bittersweet time.  Her mom, Raven, had just passed away.  She was Grandpa Jackson's girlfriend for as long as I can remember.  I think Grandpa managed to cheer her up a bit.

Grandma Jessica is almost always in her art studio painting or sculpting.  We spend a lot of time in there together since my workbench is in the studio, too.

Grandma has been a self-employed painter ever since she was a teenager.  She says she will never retire, she just loves art too much.  I don't even know how many paintings she has done.  There are so many of them in our 'museum', not to mention some of her favorites hanging all over the house.  She's also a master sculptor and photographer.  We have her to thank for such a beautifully decorated home.

Mom retired from professional sports as soon as she hit the peak of her career.  She sometimes holds autograph signing sessions at one of the shops we own, but her first love is martial arts.  She spends every waking moment out in her zen garden.

She and Grandma are working on a special project.  Mom finds a lot of gems when she is practicing at breaking boards.  Grandma, being a sculptor, sends them off to be cut into all sorts of beautiful shapes.  We now have nearly a complete collection of large skulls  and large hearts.  They're working on large sculptor's eggs now.

That's my Aunt Jemma.  She mostly keeps to herself.  She is a world-class scientist who is skilled in fishing, gardening, logic, and handiness.  She's also insane, so when she's not at work she's usually in the basement staring at gems, artifacts, or sculptures.

She's almost 90, but she's still going strong and refuses to retire.

Dad started out in professional sports just like Mom did, but he found his passion on their first trip to France.  He quit his sports career to become a nectar maker.  He has long since reached the pinnacle of his chosen career, so even though he isn't retired he takes time to enjoy life.

He's in the nectar cellar nearly every day trying out new recipes.

I'm the inventor in the family.  I've been self employed since I was a teenager.  Mom takes my inventions, along with Dad's nectar and Grandma's art, to the consignment shop.  When all the stuff I created during my honeymoon sold it put me at level 9 of my career.  Just a couple more time machines and I should earn my final promotion.

I love inventing, but I love spending time with Raj even more.

As for Raj, he's taken a rather shady job as a decoy.  He recently maxed his athletic skill and is on good terms with all his 'co-workers', so I have no doubt he'll be getting promotions quickly.  I just hope he stays under the radar as far as our local police are concerned, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

anything