Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192561 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - A Day in the Life
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »
That was a nice update. :)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »
Looks like Jasmine got herself a bad boy! Normal day always seems boring when I'm playing it but you just proved that if written well, a normal day can be a great thing! I'm in awe of your gems.  There is so much of this game I don't actually know about.  I just learned about transfiguration!   I love how Jackson and Jeremy have the same swim trunks/favorite outdoor activity.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimMania :P

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »
sorry about earlier post i just really needed an answer and didn't know where to put questions.
love the update and your family are amazing!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2011, 04:58:24 PM »
Awesome update!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #289 on: April 24, 2011, 01:43:23 AM »
Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

So much has happened I hardly even know where to start.  When Raj and I got home from France I decided it was time to choose my extra-special lifetime reward...a SimBot.

Meet my best friend, Jennie Starr.

I really couldn't have asked for a better friend.  As soon as she got here we started talking about weddings and other girly stuff.  She wants a family of her own some day.  I don't know if that's even possible for a SimBot, but for her sake I hope it is.  Alas, our house is crowded as it is, so Jennie knew she couldn't stay.  She moved to a cute little starter home closer to town and the military base so she can pursue her lifetime wish of becoming an astronaut.  

Not long after Jennie arrived I got a series of phone calls from the science lab where Aunt Jemma works.  The wanted me to bring them palladium, life fruit, a heart cut pink diamond, and some scrap and in return they would give me something I could use to create the 'ultimate invention'.  I completed each opportunity exactly as requested and ended up with...

...my 'son', Guadalupe Starr.   :o

He ran off to live on his own before we could even get to know each other.  I tried inviting him to the house so we could develop a relationship, but he kept turning my invitations down.  As far as I know he's moved out of town, his number is disconnected and my letters and emails keep getting returned.  I had hoped to introduce him to Jennie, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

In amongst all of the excitement, I'm sad to say that one of our local paparazzi passed away in our back yard.  Cemre Fish was quite a nice guy and would spend hours watching Mom break boards in her zen garden or Dad and Grandpa Jackson playing in the sprinklers.

He just shook hands with Grim and went peacefully to his urn.  Raj was kind enough to take his remains to the town cemetery.  It was the weirdest thing, though.  Grim came in the house and, without saying a word, glided up the stairs to Aunt Jemma's room.  He smoothed her bed covers down very gently and then disappeared as quickly as he arrived.  The whole thing gave me goosebumps.

With the *cough* birth *cough* of Guadalupe, I supermaxed my inventing skill.  At about the same time Mom made a great sale on some of my pieces at the consignment shop, so I earned my last promotion.  I'm now a Fourth Dimensional Architect.  The mayor held a celebration in my honor at City Hall.  So many people showed up, it was kind of embarrassing.  The mayor gave me the key to the city, which I proudly display next to my ice sculptures in our museum.

Raj was working his way up the career ladder, all the elders were enjoying their golden years, life just couldn't get any better.  And then it happened.  Aunt Jemma was sitting quietly watching TV in the living room when she began to feel funny.  We all rushed to help her, but it was too late...

She went to her eternal rest at the age of 90.  We moved her headstone to our family cemetery across the street where she keeps Grandma Agnes and Grandpa Sam company.

As you can imagine, things were quite somber around our house after losing Aunt Jemma.  Everyone would break out into fits of crying at the drop of a hat.  It was the wake up call that Raj and I needed.  We had been spending all our time and energy on our careers and enjoying each other's company, but all of a sudden it became crystal clear that Dad wouldn't be around forever.  Raj and I had a heart to heart talk and decided that we should start our family before Grim came calling again.

Everyone is so happy to have the prospect of a nooboo to take their mind off of their grief.  Mom suspected before I even had a chance to tell her.  Raj is so cute the way he talks to my tummy.  Even Jennie is excited.  I'll have to talk to Raj and see if she can be our baby's Godmother.  Raj wants a girl and I want a boy, so we'll see what we get.

Towards the end of my pregnancy we had elections in Sunset Valley and a new mayor took office.  For some reason she felt that I wasn't sufficiently celebrated by her predecessor, so she called for another celebration at City Hall.  This one was even better attended than the last one, although I was feeling less gracious than before.  All I wanted to do was go the spa for a massage.  Oh my aching back!

My former boyfriend, Lucas Aldrich, showed up.  Apparently he never got over me.  Even though we are still friends, the sight of me in the family way was too much for him to take.  He quickly said goodbye when I went over to talk to him.  I hope we can be best friends again someday.  I hope he finds a good woman who will love him the way he deserves to be loved, and I hope I will be there to celebrate the start of his family when that day comes.

Jasmine Starr's Guide to Pregnancy in Five 'Easy' Steps*

*Okay, four of them are easy and one of them hurts like the dickens - guess which one!

And with that we have the newest member of the Starr family, our daughter Jocelyn.  She is a genius and friendly.  She loves kid's music like her great-Grandpa Sam and the color seafoam like her great-Grandma Jessica, great-Aunt Jemma, and Grandpa Jeremey.  Raj and I have high hopes for her, but right now this is what it's all about...

I'm so happy that Dad is still here to spend time with his granddaughter.  I would never have forgiven myself if he missed this because Raj and I were too self-absorbed to consider him.  I only wish Aunt Jemma were here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Hello and Goodbye and Hello
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2011, 03:06:43 AM »
*Confetti* for all the new arrivals, especially Jocelyn Starr!

I like your Simbots, hopefully they will be fun for you :D

Grim making the bed, very cool, I like it when he does more than just do his job and leave.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2011, 03:28:33 AM »
RIP Jemma :(
And welcome baby Jocelyn!

Also, I absolutely love David Bowie (I'm assuming that's what your chapter name was after?) ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2011, 04:23:28 AM »
Welcome to the world, Jocelyn! Aw, RIP Jemma. :(
SimBots rock! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2011, 05:35:24 AM »
Great updates Kat, superb writing as always! And so quickly after each other; awesome Easter treat for all of us reading your story!

I was sad to see Jemma go, I was hoping she'd have made it past 90, but apparently it wasn't meant to be. But then the cycle of life made full circle with Jocelyn's birth! Congrats to the parents and family! Can't wait to see how she'll grow up!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2011, 08:55:28 AM »
RIP Jemma - you will be thought of always :(

Helloooo Jocelyn, Jennie and Guadalupe.     I'm sorry Guadalupe moved away but maybe that's for the best for Jennie.  She can find a nice young vampire. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2011, 10:29:57 AM »
Also, I absolutely love David Bowie (I'm assuming that's what your chapter name was after?) ;D

It is, indeed, but I had no idea it was David Bowie who sang it.  Of course, now I've got that hook running through my head incessantly!  It could be worse, though, the other day I couldn't stop humming 'Ping and his Checkers'.   ::)

Great updates Kat, superb writing as always! And so quickly after each other; awesome Easter treat for all of us reading your story!

I was sad to see Jemma go, I was hoping she'd have made it past 90, but apparently it wasn't meant to be. But then the cycle of life made full circle with Jocelyn's birth! Congrats to the parents and family! Can't wait to see how she'll grow up!

Awww, thank you.  I do most of my playing on weekends cause I work 8-9 hours and commute another 4 hours M-F, so not much time for a prolonged Sims session.  I hope to have time to play today so I can post one more update.

Surprisingly, I was not too sad about Jemma.  I didn't want Raj and Jasmine to have a nooboo until either she or Jeremey passed on because the house was too full.  I'm actually happy it was Jemma who went first so that Jeremey could see his grandchild.  Plus she seems to be enjoying her afterlife...

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2011, 11:33:52 AM »

Surprisingly, I was not too sad about Jemma.  I didn't want Raj and Jasmine to have a nooboo until either she or Jeremey passed on because the house was too full.  I'm actually happy it was Jemma who went first so that Jeremey could see his grandchild.  Plus she seems to be enjoying her afterlife...

I'd be enjoying my afterlife too with that limo, shame there isn't ghostly chauffeurs!
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »
R.I.P. Jemma. Welcome Jocelyn and Simbots! I hope I get a limo in my afterlife haha.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #298 on: April 25, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
Keeping Grim Busy

Jocelyn's arrival has certainly enlivened this house full of elders.  I know Jemma's passing is what prompted Jasmine and Raj to have a child and, as much as I miss my dear sister-in-law, for that I'm eternally grateful. 

Our newest shining Starr never lacks for love and attention.  If anything we end up tripping over one another to snuggle and play with her.  I caught Raj spending a quiet moment with his daughter and I remember feeling the same way when Jasmine was born.  There is nothing more precious than a father's devotion to his child.

Jasmine threw a party to celebrate Jocelyn's toddler birthday.  Do you think her proud papa was a little excited?!

After a little birthday magic our nooboo is a sassy toddler.  She has Raj's complexion and hair with pale golden brown eyes.  All I can say is it's a good thing he's studying martial arts with Jori - he's going to need it when she starts dating.

Since Jocelyn's favorite color is seafoam (just like mine!), Jasmine decided to redo the nursery.  It fits in well with the rest of the redecorating she has done.  Even though she's more comfortable with a blow torch and a pile of scrap, Jasmine certainly has inherited some of Jessica's artistic sensibilities.

Let the toddler games begin!  So much training, so little time...

I had to remind Jasmine that Jocelyn has a lifetime ahead of her to be a great doctor, but she insisted on slipping in a few gentle hints during their lessons.  My baby girl is nothing if not ambitious.

Reading with our granddaughter has replaced breaking space rock blocks as Jori's activity of choice.

I think Jackson is remembering when my mother-in-law, Jess, was a child.  Jocelyn is totally taken with her great-great-grandfather.

Don't let that angelic face fool you, she has some lungs on her when she's hungry.

If it seems like we're all toddler-crazy, we pretty much are, but other things have been going on around here, too.

Raj has gotten promotion after promotion and is specializing in thievery.  Always the family man, he does his chores when he gets home from work.

Jasmine decided to retire from her inventing career to focus on motherhood and her other interests.  Jackson has also retired from gardening to focus on fishing.  Although I haven't officially retired, I have stopped making new nectar recipes and am stockpiling fruit in the hopes that a future Starr might pick up where I left off. 

I'm spending my time with my family, practicing gnubb, and reading the daily paper.  Unofficial retirement is treating me well. 

Ohhh...not yet...please, not yet...

Goodbye my dearest Jorianne...you have given me the life I never dreamed possible...I will always be with you...

Jorianne writes...

Grim is heartless!  First Jemma, now Jeremey.  I knew this day was coming, but you can never really prepare for it.  We moved Jeremey's headstone to our family cemetery next to Jemma's.

...and Jasmine

I'm worried about Mom.  After we brought Dad's headstone across the street, she came home and quietly went upstairs.  When I went to check on her a while later, she wasn't in her room.  I found her sound asleep in the butler's room, dreaming of Dad - she couldn't bear to sleep in her bed alone. 

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Cake and Heartbreak
« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2011, 03:05:59 PM »
Aw, that's so sad. :'( RIP Jeremey... :(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa