Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192335 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Bad Immortals! Now Go To Your Room!
« Reply #315 on: April 27, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »
Theres nothing wrong with the Evil Trait!  :o It's actually quite fun.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
Great unofficial update.  You know I use my family tree to check on distant relations.  I can still connect Mortimer's grandchildren via Pepper's tree since Agnes was related to Cornelia.   And as I move things around in my family tree it always shows me what their traits are.  And I feel ya.  Coriander has no prospects really.  Well he didn't yesterday.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #317 on: April 27, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
Great unofficial update.  You know I use my family tree to check on distant relations.  I can still connect Mortimer's grandchildren via Pepper's tree since Agnes was related to Cornelia.   And as I move things around in my family tree it always shows me what their traits are.  And I feel ya.  Coriander has no prospects really.  Well he didn't yesterday.

Good luck to Coriander!  I looked up Estevan on the family tree and his traits so far are couch potato, loves the outdoors, and something else I can't remember, so he's doing alright so far.  He's a few days older than Joce, so I'll be able to check on him when he ages up to teen pretty easily.  He was an adorable toddler, but is a bit dorky looking (like his father) as a child.  I find the child stage to be one of the least attractive - it's like sims go from yummy little toddlers to scary children and then to beautiful/handsome teens.

Theres nothing wrong with the Evil Trait!  :o It's actually quite fun.  :P

I know I'm being narrow minded.  There are 2 traits that I just don't like on principle...evil and mean spirited.  Of the two, I prefer evil because I find absolutely nothing redeeming in a mean spirited person.  If he grows up to be evil I might just have to give it a go...after all, he's mortal so I won't have to put up with him forever.   ;D

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »
Unofficial update! Like I care - an update is an update!  :D

Happy Birthday to Jocelyn! I hope she'll do well in school, but as a genius and a bookworm there really isn't a doubt about that.

Personally I think Angel Starr would be hilarious; especially now half the Starr househol is being pulled into the Late Night bars filled with fame, glam and pleasure. If even Jessie's gonna go wild on a bar I think Angel Starr's just strippery enough :P

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #319 on: April 27, 2011, 02:25:24 PM »
We all have things we don't care for, I won't play with an inappropriate Sim, I find them infuriating, some people like it. To each their own.

"I finally removed the stove and the grill so that there will be no accidental leveling."

This is exactly what I love fences for, it may not look like a normal home afterwards but a gate locked only for the Sim who has that skill supermaxxed will allow for low maintenance safety.

"God help us the first time I have to get them all to a gig!"

Well, I won't claim to be god, but when you have a gig, the person with the Op just goes to the stage, clicks start Gig, and all the other band members drop what they are doing to join him on their preferred instruments, actually pretty user friendly just try to gather them near, and start the gig early as you can manage.

Estevan is a pretty cute toddler, it'll take time to know for sure, but there's definitely potential there.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #320 on: April 27, 2011, 03:09:22 PM »
This is exactly what I love fences for, it may not look like a normal home afterwards but a gate locked only for the Sim who has that skill supermaxxed will allow for low maintenance safety.

Well, I won't claim to be god, but when you have a gig, the person with the Op just goes to the stage, clicks start Gig, and all the other band members drop what they are doing to join him on their preferred instruments, actually pretty user friendly just try to gather them near, and start the gig early as you can manage.

I use gates and doors all over the place and, except for cooking, I rarely even need to keep them locked because the immortals don't have any desire to learn other skills.  It seems like they accidentally get a point in cooking and after that they try to cook all the time.  I considered gates (the blue dashed lines in the diagram below), but the pathing in the kitchen is already tricky and I'm not sure I want to deal with a bunch of pixels that are too stupid to go around the kitchen island.

So glad to hear that gigs are not the nightmare I was expecting.  I've never played a group of musicians before.  :D

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #321 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:31 PM »
You could also create a scullery (if that is that the proper word for it - I had to use google translation magic here). An extra utility room next to the kitchen with just the stove and some surface or something that only Jackson can enter. But of course you need to have room for that in your house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #322 on: April 27, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
I have an Idea that I use sometimes.

I Wall off the Kitchen but keep it in the same room if you know what I mean. I put those Counter/Bar thingies between the two | Wall Sections | and then a door on the left. If I had a better picture I would show you it but I don't.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »
Unofficial or official, it's all the same to me! Awesome update! Hmm the only thing I could think of is what everyone else says, lock the doors to everyone but the cook.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: April 30, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
Birthdays ,  Beaus, and 'Brosia

Shortly after Jocelyn's toddler birthday I decided to retire from my inventing career, having reached level 10 before my own adult birthday.  I have devoted my time to raising Joce and doing the housework that our maid never seems to get around to.  We have long since given up on butlers.  Ever since our first butler, Lucia, died we haven't found one who doesn't moonlight elsewhere.  I love to clean the house, so between the maid and I we manage to keep things pretty well in order.

Raj and I had adult birthdays that passed by unnoticed.  At our age that's just fine with me.  We kept our looks and our wardrobes, so I can't complain.  The birthday fairy treated us quite well.  Of course we couldn't let Joce's birthday go by without a big celebration.  We have quite a large extended family now, including Raj's parents and brothers, Grandpa Jackson's daughter Cecilia, various relatives of Grandpa Sam's (all vampires), and of course Jennie - my SimBot BFF - and Lucas -  my one time boyfriend.

The house was jam packed and Jennie was the center of attention as usual, 'Ooooh, a SimBot!'  All of a sudden there was a commotion from the hallway.

It just isn't a party without a visit from Grim.  I had no idea Jennie was an elder when we met.  Needless to say I was completely unprepared to lose one of my dearest friends, in my own home no less.

I quickly stowed her quite modest headstone in my bag, determined that she should have a place in our family cemetery across the street.  I would consult with the family later, but for now I had a toddler that needed to blow out her candles.  For some reason Grim felt obligated to stay for the party.  I really wish he hadn't.

That's right, baby girl, make a wish and blow out the candles...

Taadaa!  All grown up!  She's the first nearsighted Starr in the family.  I think she looks good in her glasses, she's not that impressed.

Joce added bookworm to genius and friendly.  She immediately ran off to practice chess on the balcony that Aunt Jemma set up for her.  All the time we spent reading and playing together really paid off.  The minute she sat down she was already at level 4 in logic.

Of course there was time for her to pose for Grandma.  She looks so adorable in her dress-up clothes.

The very next day it was time to go to school.  Someone wasn't too happy about it...

It's never too soon to start looking for potential husbands, so every afternoon after school I casually asked Joce if she made any new friends.  Even though she's a bit on the quiet side, she quickly made friends with little Harley Ursine, grandson of Claire.  It's too bad he's a vamp, he's quite adorable and they would have made a cute couple in a few more years.  

She also met a couple of young paper boys, but they, too, were out of the running.  So far the most likely prospects are Estevan Lam (Cecilia's son - Joce's fourth cousin several times removed) and Carmelo Bourgeois (nephew of Cory Bourgeois, one of mom's best friends).  They are a few days older than she is, so we'll see if she is interested in them once she's in high school.  That's her with Carmelo...he's got an unfortunate haircut.

In other news, our band, Starr Quality, is coming along nicely.  Mom, Grandma and I have matching black miniskirts, black boots, and tank tops featuring our favorite colors.  Grandpa Jackson, doesn't have the legs for a mini skirt, so he opted for black jeans.  We haven't booked our first gig yet, but we've jammed at a few of the new clubs in town.  It's just a matter of time before someone gives us a break.

I'm so proud of Raj - he finally achieved his lifetime wish of Master Thief and he has the award to prove it.

Despite his choice of career, Raj is a good husband and father.  He has always been careful and never spent a night away from home as a guest of the local police.  We are really quite lucky, all things considered.

Now that Joce is in school I'm getting a little bit bored being home all the time.  I've decided to take up ghost hunting - it's something I've always been interested in.  This was my first night of work.

There are a few ghosts that can have the run of Sunset Valley, though.

Joce breezed through grade school on the honor roll and soon it was time for another birthday.  Fortunately this time Grim decided to stay home.

Estevan (left)  and Carmelo (right) both attended the party.  They have identical taste in clothing and women!

At the end of the night, Joce chose Carmelo as her boyfriend.  She didn't know I was watching as they shared their first kiss.

For her birthday Raj and I treated her to a day at the spa, a shopping spree and contact lenses.  She is a real beauty and every bit as sassy as she was when she was a toddler.

When she's not studying or playing chess in the park, she tutors Estevan and Carmelo.

Of course it's not all hard work.  Carmelo and Joce shakin' their money makers...

Joce is also generous, donating to charities nearly every day.  The halo is a nice touch, don't you think?

Yikes, it's birthday time again - this time it's three for the price of one.  Raj and I are becoming elders and Joce a young adult.  

Before the candles cooled on her birthday cake she had pulled Carmelo aside and proposed to him.  Then she slipped into bed and dreamed about her future in medicine.   Tomorrow she is off to apply at the hospital.  We're all so proud of her!

A few nights later...

*cough sputter* Gah, how do they choke this stuff down week after week?!

Jasmine Starr - Generation 4
LTW - Swimming in Cash
Career - Inventing
Supermax Skill - Inventing
Other Maxed Skills - Handiness
Building - Chez Rahsaan (formerly Little Corsican Bistro)
Property - Pinochle Pond
LTRs - Efficient Inventor, Artisan Crafter, Professional Simoleon Booster
Best Friends - Rahsaan (Ellis) Starr, Jocelyn Starr, Lucas Aldrich, Enrique Gaines, Janae Wolff, Sylvester Weiner
Black Ops - The Ultimate Invention #1 (palladium), The Ultimate Invention #2 (life fruit), The Ultimate Invention #3 (heart cut pink diamond), The Ultimate Invention #4 (Scrap), The Ultimate Invention #5 (build a SimBot), New Age Master Class
Portraits - Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Sculptures - Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Photos - None

Natsuko

Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Birthdays, Beaus, and 'Brosia
« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
Congrats on Gen 4! Katluvr, I'm addicted to the Starr Dynasty, I hope your atempt at the Immortal Dyansty succeeds!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2011, 09:18:09 PM »
Happy birthday everyone and congrats Jasmine! Great update!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2011, 09:38:23 PM »
Great update as always! 
Congratulations Jasmine on immortality!  You're halfway there - isn't that exciting?

Happy Birthdays all around and sorry to hear that your Simbot died :(
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #328 on: April 30, 2011, 09:50:32 PM »
Congrats on another Immortal! Jocelyn's boy is cute.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
Congrats on your fourth immortal!!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

anything