Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 191334 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Evening the Odds...Generation 6!
« Reply #360 on: May 09, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »
You got a picture of the doctor kick connecting, I am soo jealous! LOL  I've tried but I always just miss the actual kick!  Thank you for calling Velmoor techniques famous, he's puffed up now.

No jinxing, you're making it to the finish line, I say so! :D

Congratulations on hitting 10K views *confetti*

RIP Raj
-
Velmoor Note: I'm not puffed up, I'm awesome!  Just like this dimension is!

ME: *Shoves Velmoor back into his own dimension.  Runs electromagnets over his dimensional teleporter.*  Man, he just keeps escaping!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #361 on: May 09, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »
You got a picture of the doctor kick connecting, I am soo jealous! LOL  I've tried but I always just miss the actual kick!  Thank you for calling Velmoor techniques famous, he's puffed up now.

No jinxing, you're making it to the finish line, I say so! :D

Congratulations on hitting 10K views *confetti*

RIP Raj
-
Velmoor Note: I'm not puffed up, I'm awesome!  Just like this dimension is!

ME: *Shoves Velmoor back into his own dimension.  Runs electromagnets over his dimensional teleporter.*  Man, he just keeps escaping!

Velmoor is welcome in this dimension any old time - he makes me smile almost as much as my husband does (although for completely different reasons - if Velmoor could cook as good as Bob does I might consider hijacking him on his next interdimensional foray).

The screenshot was mostly dumb luck.  I noticed that she held a red stick of some sort in front of the patient right before she kicked them in the shins, so as soon as I saw her foot go back I hit pause - by the time the game actually paused she had made contact (my game is a bit sluggish because of the file size - so pause happens in slow motion, LOL.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2011, 08:29:29 PM »
And Now a Word From Our Sponsors

Another weekend with nothing to do? 
Come expand your mind and delight your senses at The Starr Museum of Natural History and Fine Arts in beautiful downtown Sunset Valley.

Marvel at the dazzling collection of cut gems...

...or treasures from Egypt, China and France.

Lose yourself in vivid hues set to canvas by local Sunset Valley artists.

We're open 7 days a week.  Admission is free for children under 10 and senior citizens. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Decor got you down? 
Interiors by Kat offers fashion-forward options for budget conscious home-owners. 
Whether you favor a luxurious classical, sleek contemporary, or funky retro style, Kat's got you kovered. 
No decorating dilemma is too big or too small.

Book an appointment by phone or online.  Your home will thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mothers Against Peer Pressure is a 501(c) non-profit organization with a mission to end the heartbreak of peer pressure. 
Peer pressure is the silent epidemic.  Millions of Sims are injured and humiliated each year from caving to peer pressure. 
Don't let this happen to you!

Just say NO to peer pressure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We now return to the Starr Immortal Dynasty.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - And Now a Word From Our Sponsors
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2011, 10:25:32 PM »
Haha awesome Katluvr! I have just one question. I would love to visit The Starr Museum of Natural History and Fine Arts but I'm on a fixed income, and over 10, but under 65. How much would it be?

Natsuko

« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2011, 10:34:59 PM »
Lol, great job! Can I order a room remodel? :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2011, 10:36:50 PM »
LOL That was awesome Katluvr.  I really like that picture sequence of Carmelo.  and of course Jameson's room turned out great as always!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2011, 04:17:50 AM »
Great Collection. I've never collected Gems. I always sell them.... Also fantastic job on Jameson's room. I like the name Jameson!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2011, 04:24:32 AM »
That was awesome Kat!

The new museum looks amazing, those gem collections get me every time - I think they look simply stunning. Jameson's room is also fabulous (oh wait - that's probably a too girly superlative). Jameson's room is also very very cool! It only lacks a huge LCD screen and a private fridge to be a "real" mancave - but he's so young it's a good thing those are missing or he'd never go to school :P

Your Mothers Against Peer Pressure must be a very effective organization since peer pressure has gone down significantly recently! (That's actually scientifically proven ^.^)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2011, 05:58:31 AM »
Oh Kat, you make me laugh :D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »
That was funny! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
"I triple dog dare you!" ah, the quote of a mis-spent, but entirely amusing childhood.  My brother and I must have used that or some even more elaborate version to prod each other into doing truly foolish things *reminises, chuckling*

Anyway, that was really funny, thanks for my morning cup of mirth ;)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »
Haha awesome Katluvr! I have just one question. I would love to visit The Starr Museum of Natural History and Fine Arts but I'm on a fixed income, and over 10, but under 65. How much would it be?

He he, Jori and Jess told me that there was a mistake in that commercial - they forgot to include forum members under the special 'Friends and Family' package for free admission.

Lol, great job! Can I order a room remodel? :)

I'm happy to help if I can.  :)

Great Collection. I've never collected Gems. I always sell them.... Also fantastic job on Jameson's room. I like the name Jameson!

Early on I sold the valuable gems because I needed cash, but once Jori got her MA supermaxed I have her spending all her free time breaking space rock blocks for the gems.  Jess, my sculptor, sends them all out to be cut, and anyone who is available does the transfiguration - one of my favorite things in game now is to see what comes out, particularly if you are trying for unusual gem/cut combinations.  It's like playing the lottery. 

Jameson's room is also very very cool! It only lacks a huge LCD screen and a private fridge to be a "real" mancave - but he's so young it's a good thing those are missing or he'd never go to school :P

I considered putting those features in during the redesign, but the poor kid already has elders wanding in to his room at all hours of the day or night to use his computer, so I can only imagine if there were a fridge and a TV in there.  I've started giving everyone their own laptops so that they stay out of Jamie's room and out of Joce and Carmelo's room - wouldn't want an elder walking in at an 'inopportune' moment.  ;)

Juxt, that is my favorite movie ever!  One of the cable networks shows it for 24 hours straight on Christmas and I could just watch it over and over again.  'Fa ra ra ra raaaa'...the Bumpus's hounds...'Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian'...'You'll shoot your eye out'...'He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny'...'Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie'...

I'm getting all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #372 on: May 14, 2011, 02:39:54 PM »
He he, Jori and Jess told me that there was a mistake in that commercial - they forgot to include forum members under the special 'Friends and Family' package for free admission.
Yay! I get in for free that's cool! Thank Jori and Jess for me!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #373 on: May 14, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »
Woot! Free admission~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2011, 08:32:20 PM »
Immortals Like to Party All the Time

Where has the time gone?  It seems that Carmelo and I were just celebrating Jamie's birthday when all of a sudden he's turning into a teenager!  Oy vay...I'm the mother of a teenager...*sigh*

We kept it to just a family celebration since there are so many of us in the house now.  He aged up with his father's sense of style.

A quick trip to the mirror and dresser and...

...much better!

Jamie is a straight A student and is popular with the girls.  He started dating a couple of them at the same time.  If I didn't know better I'd think the boy has commitment issues.

The brunette is Janelle Watkins and the blonde is Grace Maldonado.  Janelle and Jamie have been friends since grade school and she used to deliver papers to our house.  He met Grace on his first day of high school.  It turns out she's one of the local babysitters.  It's hardly surprising we never met her before...with all the elders in the house we've haven't needed a babysitter in generations.  Both girls are very sweet and Jamie would do well to marry either one.  Carmelo sat him down the other day to have a little father-son talk about dating and respect.

The day after his birthday, Grandma Jori took Jamie to Grandpa Jeremey's nectar cellar to see if he would be interested in learning nectar making like his great-grandfather used to. 

After a few fits and starts he started to get the hang of it, so Carmelo and I decided it was time for a family vacation in Champs les Sims.  We packed up all the fruit that Grandpa Jeremey had stockpiled for just such an occasion, shipped it on ahead, and took Jamie and Grandma Jori to France.

When Jamie wasn't busy with his nectar making, he and Carmelo were inseparable. 

I spent my time reading and working out.

Grandma Jori was taking her frustrations out on space rock blocks and I'm happy to report that she and Grandma Jess have completed their soulpeace collection, which is proudly on display at the Starr Museum of Fine Arts and Natural History.

The trip was over before we knew it - Jamie had maxed his nectar making skill and had 150 bottles of nectar aging in racks.  We shipped the nectar back home so that once it ages, Grandma Jori can take it to the consignment shop.

Once we arrived home it was back to the usual routine - school and homework for Jamie, work and more work for me, and a house full of crazy elders trying to get into as much trouble as they possibly can.

The day I got promoted to World Renowned Surgeon we all went out partying at Aquarius.  Grandpa Jackson, Grandma Jessica and Grandma Jori turned out to be quite the party animals.  They sported some moves that made me worry they might break a hip.  Mom, Carmelo and I just couldn't hang with them...we turned in shortly after midnight while they closed the place.

We were all pretty absorbed in our own routines so Carmelo's elder birthday passed without any fanfare. 

Is it just me or is he still the sexiest sim on the planet?  How many guys have abs like that at 70?!  Rawwwrrr

A couple of days later it was my turn for sparkles and gray hair.  Sweet green apples, I look like a pink nightmare!  *sob*

That's better...at least I can still rock a bikini!

To complete the trifecta, we celebrated Jamie's young adult birthday.  Blow out the candles, birthday boy!

Carmelo and I do good work even if I do say so myself...

The next day Jamie registered as a professional nectar maker at City Hall.  Grandma Jori took a bunch of the nectars he made while in France over to the consignment shop and when they sold he was promoted to level 8.  We're so proud of him!

On his way home he stopped by the park across the street and one thing led to another...

Men have no sense of romance or tradition.  I was ready to let into him about denying us the chance to celebrate his wedding when Carmelo pulled me aside and quietly reminded me that Jamie is just following in our footsteps.  What could I say to that?  We welcomed Grace to the family with open arms. 

She is a kleptomaniac like Dad was and wants to become a master thief.  It seems we Starrs attract lovable rogues.  We were a bit surprised to learn that she is a considerably older than Jamie - being a mere 20 days from her elder birthday. 

This may pose a bit of a problem...there are 8 of us in the house, so Jamie and Grace can't have a child until Carmelo goes with Grim.  At 77, there is a very real possibility that Grace will reach her elder birthday before Carmelo goes.  If that happens then our very dynasty is in jeopardy, which puts me in an awful situation - praying for Grim to come take the love of my life sooner rather than later.

In the midst of all this drama there is one more bit of excitement to tell you about.

At age 74 I had my first taste of ambrosia.

Jocelyn Starr - Generation 5
LTW - World Renowned Surgeon
Career - Medicine
Supermax Skill - Logic
Other Max Skills - Athletic
Best Friends - Carmelo (Bourgeois) Starr, Jameson Starr, Estevan Lam, Aren Bowles, Nicolas Mosland, Herbert Marquez
Black Ops - Riddle War in China, Scarab Ecology, Senet Strategy, French Puzzler, Good Friends with the Government, Safely Burning Bridges
LTR - Bookshop Bargainer, Multi-Tasker, Stone Hearted
Properties Owned/Upgraded - Carmelo's General Hospital, Eugi's
Portraits - toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Sculptures - toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder