Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192806 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Cutting It Close
« Reply #405 on: May 16, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »
Rest well Carmello, your awesomeness has truly earned you a spot in awesome Sim afterlife.

*Confetti* for the new nooboo!

*Fingers Crossed* that you can get your super max skill to work properly!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2011, 03:44:42 PM »
*Fingers Crossed* that you can get your super max skill to work properly!

I hope so - I've got one last question out to Metro and if the answer doesn't go my way then it will be the end of the Starrs.  Fortunately I don't think what I've asked is unreasonable, so I'm hopeful that he will agree.  I know they're just pixels and it's stupid, but I'm actually nauseous just thinking that I might have generation 7 waiting in the wings and have to pull the plug.  GAH!!!!

GOOD NEWS!  Metro agreed with my proposal, so the dynasty is still going strong!  I should still have enough time to do what I need to do to supermax nectar making.  *does the happy dance*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #407 on: May 16, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »
A Starr is Born

Grace got pregnant in the nick of time.  A few more days and I don't know what I would have done.  We were both ecstatic - she had wanted a child ever since we married.  Even though I didn't feel the same urgency she did, I wanted her to be the mother of my nooboo, the seventh generation Starr immortal.

Mom and I had already had 'the talk', and I understood it was my responsibility to have a daughter.  That was fine by me!  After all, I understood first hand how much trouble little boys can get into.  Grace was more than happy to have a little girl to dress up and share secrets with, so as soon as I found out she was expecting I ran to the grocery store to stock up on watermelons.

Never has a momma-to-be been so pampered as my Grace.  Mom became her own personal doctor - even confirming that we were indeed to have a daughter.  My whole family catered to her every wish.  Grandma Jess took her to the spa every day for a massage.  Grandma Jasmine gave her some unsolicited decorating advice.

"Have you considered decorating the nursery in violet?  It is quite lovely, you know.  Here, see these pictures from when I was a baby."
"Ummm, my your nursery was...bright.  Jamie and I really think red would go better with the rest of the house..."
"Nonsense, you need violet in here!  Violet and aqua...yes, that's just the thing!"
"JAMIE!!!!"

Even the gnomes got into the act - watching everything Grace would eat and reporting back to us if she wasn't taking good care of herself and our unborn daughter.

"Ugh, you no eat whole gallon of ice cream or I tell doctor lady on you!"

When I wasn't doting on my bride I was laboring in the garden or in my nectar cellar.  I still have so many more grapes to grow and bottles of nectar to make.  I long ago reached the pinnacle of my nectar making career and if I never see another bottle for the rest of my life it will be too soon!  

One afternoon I heard Grace scream like Grim was after her.  I dashed up the stairs from my nectar cellar, taking them two at a time.  Oh good lord, Grace is in labor!  The only screams louder than hers were my own as I ran around like crazy - yelling for someone to bring clean towels and boil water.  I finally dropped to the floor and sobbed, 'I want my mommy!'

Even though mom was at work that afternoon, Grace was a real trooper.  After several hours of labor she delivered our daughter...

Allow me to introduce generation 7, Jenni Carmen Starr.  Grace and I had agreed on the name Jenni long before we were ever pregnant.  It was Grace's idea to give her the middle name Carmen, after my dad.  She said it came to her in a dream one night shortly after his death...she found herself standing in a field of lilies face to face with dad.  He smiled at her and patted her tummy.  When she woke up she told me about her dream and insisted that Jenni carry a reminder of her grandfather with her for the rest of her life.  Who am I to argue?!

If I thought Grace was spoiled throughout her pregnancy, nothing could prepare me for 5 elders and a nooboo!  Jenni barely got a moment's rest.  As soon as one of us put her down, someone else was there to pick her up.

It was all well and good until Grandpa Jackson picked her up and wouldn't put her down.  He carried her everywhere like they were attached at the hip.  Let me just say that four petulant elders all wanting a turn with the nooboo is not a pretty sight!

A couple of days after Jenni was born it was time for the next round of birthdays - my adult birthday and Grace's elder birthday.  I look the same as before, so next stop is to the studio so Grandma Jess can work some magic with her paintbrush and chainsaw.  Grace is as beautiful as the day we first met.  She's a little self-conscious about the touch of gray in her hair so I may add some gray highlights to mine to make her feel better.  

The very next day it was birthday magic for our little Starr...

She's got Grace's hair and amber eyes.  Her favorite color is black and she is perceptive and excitable.  What path will your future take my darling Jenni?

Author's Note:  Thank you, lilygirl, for suggesting adding Carmen as Jenni's middle name.  It is a beautiful tribute to her grandpa!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - A Starr is Born
« Reply #408 on: May 16, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
I really like Grace's formal outfit, it looks like something a darling lady of the frontier would wear, very pretty!

*Confetti* for baby Jenni Carmen!

The labor faces always make me chuckle, even after having seen them a million times.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #409 on: May 16, 2011, 04:44:42 PM »
Welcome to the world, Jenni Carmen! That is the perfect tribute. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Natsuko

« Reply #410 on: May 16, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »
Jenni Carmen...that has a click to it. Jenni looks so cute as a toddler! :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #411 on: May 16, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »
Welcome the cutest little Jenni! Happy Birthday Grace! You're so close to finishing this, are you proud?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #412 on: May 16, 2011, 06:03:35 PM »
Welcome Jenni Carmen! Perfect name! And I see she got blond hair!! YAY!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #413 on: May 16, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »
Welcome, Gen. 7~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #414 on: May 16, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »
Congratz on generation 7! I like the name Jenni Carmen, by the way.  :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #415 on: May 16, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
I'm so glad you were able to work out the kinks with your nectar making.  I've heard there are still a few bugs working against it, but I'm not sure of that. 

Jenni Carmen is so adorable.  Is her favorite color pink or black?  The picture of Jackson holding her was very sweet.  Your forest of money trees reminds me of the ones the Steels have. 

Happy Birthday Grace!

Your story has been and will always be an inspiration to me.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #416 on: May 17, 2011, 12:51:37 AM »
Happy Birthday Grace!

Welcome little Jenni Carmen. She's adorable! You're welcome on the name suggestion, in RL I'm all about honouring those that deserve it. Carmelo deserved it.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #417 on: May 17, 2011, 07:11:20 AM »
Welcome to the Starr family Jenni! Perhaps the most anticipated baby of the entire family. Carmelo would've been so proud.

I love the blonde hair - finally a blonde Starr baby. Thanks Grace! And Happy Birthday! Hopefully you can enjoy your Elder days together with your lovely child and husband.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #418 on: May 17, 2011, 07:33:24 AM »
Aw, how cute. Jenni Carmen is a lovely name.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #419 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:11 AM »
Welcome the cutest little Jenni! Happy Birthday Grace! You're so close to finishing this, are you proud?

Whether this attempt succeeds or fails I am proud for a couple of reasons.  I had only played TS3 (and never played any other Sims games except on Nintendo DS many years ago - but those don't even compare to the complexity, freedom and fun of TS3) for about a month when I started the dynasty, so even getting this far is a real accomplishment for me.  I'm proud of and humbled by everyone's gracious encouragement and support on this forum.  You are all so incredibly creative and talented, and being welcomed into the community means more than you can imagine.  Being so close to finishing is making me excited, nervous, proud and sad all at the same time, but I'm already planning my next dynasty for after Generations comes out - house is designed and founder is created, all I need is the EP.   :D

Many thanks to lilygirl for suggesting the name Carmen in honor of Carmelo.  I was so stuck in my thoughts about using names starting with 'J' that it never even occurred to me.  I was super excited that Jenni got Grace's blonde hair and, upon closer inspection, her eye color comes from Jamie (I thought his eyes were more gray, but up close they are definitely grayish-amber).  I'm unnaturally attached to her - I think because it was touch and go as to whether she would even be born to Grace and Jamie.  It bothers me that she will likely lose her mom as a child or teen, so that makes her story even more poignant.  It also has given me some ideas for the story line...

Lastly, I don't want to include this in a story update but I feel I need to tell you about it in the interest of full disclosure - particularly if I succeed and make the Hall of Fame.  The nectar making challenge Vizard of the Vine (make nectar from 400 bunches of homegrown grapes) appears to be bugged.  Initially Jamie made nectar from over 400 grapes that Jeremey planted and harvested in gen 3 and set aside for my nectar making heir - the challenge did not register as complete.  I thought perhaps the grapes had to be homegrown during the nectar maker's lifetime, so I had Jackson plant and he and Jamie harvest more than 400 grapes.  More nectar but the challenge still wasn't showing as complete. 

Last night I had Jamie create a locked garden that only he could get into in order to ensure that no one other than him even touched his grape plants.  He planted, fertilized, tended, harvested and made nectar with at least 500 grapes he grew himself and still the challenge is not complete.  All together he has crushed 2000 fruits - about 300-400 of which were not homegrown grapes.  I asked Metro if I could consider the challenge complete at this point even though it is not showing as such in my game and he agreed that I could.  I'm happy to report Jamie has now supermaxed his nectar making skill (and I NEVER want to play another nectar maker for a very, very long time!)