Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 192532 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - A Starr is Born
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2011, 10:59:51 AM »
Eesh. EA needs to fix that bug.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #421 on: May 17, 2011, 02:41:14 PM »
Wow! A month and you started a Dynasty! You have been playing for a shorter amount of time than me and Your on Generation 7 and your First (?) attempt! I'm on my fourth attempt! Plus your story is uber awesome!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #422 on: May 17, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »
I'm also impressed. A month playing the game and started a dynasty. Impressive Katluvr! I'm glad Metro ok'd the nectar glitch, I wish EA would fix all the known glitches! But I'm afraid Generations will probably bring more.  :( I love this game but seriously the bugs are crazy. If it just came out it would be alright but it's been out over 2 years now, fix the bugs!! Anyways, awesome job! I'm also on my 4th attempt at a dynasty!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #423 on: May 17, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »
Wow! A month and you started a Dynasty! You have been playing for a shorter amount of time than me and Your on Generation 7 and your First (?) attempt! I'm on my fourth attempt! Plus your story is uber awesome!  :D

Awww, thank you Thomas!  What can I say - the Dreamweavers inspired me!  At first I kept telling myself I didn't know enough about the game even though I really wanted to try a dynasty and finally I told myself to just shut up and do it - after all, it's not like the world would end if I failed.  Surprisingly it has not been as hard as I expected, but it requires detailed record keeping - especially for black ops - to make sure there is no overlap and attention to detail.  I'm naturally detail oriented (some would say OCD) as you can tell from my long winded posts, so that part of it is easy for me.  Plus my husband has been working 60-80 hours/week since February, so I've had a lot of time on my hands.

I'm also impressed. A month playing the game and started a dynasty. Impressive Katluvr! I'm glad Metro ok'd the nectar glitch, I wish EA would fix all the known glitches! But I'm afraid Generations will probably bring more.  :( I love this game but seriously the bugs are crazy. If it just came out it would be alright but it's been out over 2 years now, fix the bugs!! Anyways, awesome job! I'm also on my 4th attempt at a dynasty!

I'm sure they prioritize their debugging and stuff like a skill challenge not registering as complete must be pretty far down the list.  Plus they probably create lots of new glitches every time they release an EP, SP, or even a patch - so I suspect it is a never ending cycle of debugging.  From what little I know of software development it is impossible or nearly impossible to release a perfect product.  Not to make excuses, but I'm sure EA is trying to release a quality product - it's not good for business if they don't.  Even so, the bugs can be mildly annoying to really infuriating sometimes.  :D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #424 on: May 17, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
Yeah I agree. Some of the bugs can be downright hilarious lol. But then there is also game-breaking bugs so they need to focus on them!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »
Toddler Antics

Jenni's birth was bittersweet for all of us, but especially for me.  With just days to my elder birthday I knew I had to make the most of every minute with her because I might not see her grow up. 

She is definitely a handful, but then again so was I at her age.  The apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree.  Everything she touches goes in her mouth or up her nose...(thank goodness not at the same time!)    ::)

She's very independent and more than a little willful.  I wonder where she gets that from?!  *adjusts halo*

My in-laws are wonderful!  They are helping teach Jenni all her skills.

Jackson:  Forget that girly stuff you and Jess were talking about, let's talk sports!

The whole household is wrapped around her little finger, but none more than Jamie and I.

Jess took this picture of Jenni and me - Jamie says it's his two princesses.  I catch him standing and staring at it often.  I know he's thinking what neither one of us wants to say.

All too soon it is time for Jenni's birthday - she aged up beautifully, but was not satisfied with her hairstyle.  We briefly considered this one, but it looks too much like Simdy Brady...

She wanted to look like me, so this is what we decided on.

She's so adorable, but I wish she would wear some color - black is sooo...mature.  But she says it's her favorite color.  Then Jocelyn pushes her buttons by reminding her that black isn't really color as it absorbs all light and reflects nothing back.  Jenni just rolls her eyes and stomps off in a huff.  On second thought, perhaps an afterlife with my father-in-law is preferable to withnessing my daughter's impending teen angst!

In the meantime...*singing slightly off key*...girls just wanna have fuu-un!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »
They just wanna.. They just wanna-a-a... -hums-

Awesome update!  Happy Birthday Jenni!  She's so cute!  Hopefully Grace will be able to see her daughter's next two birthdays!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #427 on: May 18, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
Waaai, she's so cute! ;D
What's on her shirt in athletic?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #428 on: May 18, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »
Oh man now I got another Dynasty making songs stick in my head!! At first it was just Juxt now it's Katluvr too!  ;D I love that song! Anyways awesome update, I hope Grace is a long lived Sim! Jenni is beautiful!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #429 on: May 18, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »
Who me? No, I'm innocent of song crimes *whistles with innocence*

Jenni is so cute, both as a toddler and a child, black makes the top 4 of my favorite colors, so I'm quite fond of her wardrobe as well.

They just wanna, they just wanna, girls! Girls just wanna have fun! ;D
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #430 on: May 18, 2011, 11:08:18 PM »
Yea you. No you're not innocent!  ;) Don't worry though I could never be mad at you girls. You're dynasties are awesome!  ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #431 on: May 18, 2011, 11:25:25 PM »
Happy Birthday x2 to Jenni! I love her wardrobe.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #432 on: May 19, 2011, 05:47:01 AM »
"I come home, in the morning light..."

You've done it Kat. Now I've got Cyndi Lauper stuck in my head for who knows how long. I guess that serves me right after the Cinderelly thing :P

Jenni is absolutely gorgeous! You can see very clearly in some of those screenshots how similar her eye colour is to Jamie's; it's a very pretty colour!

I'm really sad Grace missed out on so many days of her life due to being a babysitter, but seeing her happiness now she's with the Starrs and especially now she's got Jenni makes up for a lot of that. You just always wish it'd have been a little longer!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #433 on: May 19, 2011, 07:25:09 AM »
Wow Kat, a month in and you started a dynasty? That's amazing!
Jenni Carmen is such an adorable toddler.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #434 on: May 19, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »
Wait until my next update!  Jenni is a teen now and I decided to go a little edgier with her style since her favorite color is black.  I'm so psyched about how her makeover turned out - kinda 'girl next door' with a twist.  She's got the party animal trait so she's my first sim to ever dance on a table.  Jess saw her doing it and decided to give it a try herself.  I'm gonna have to remodel the grind to put in more counters and tables so all the Starrs can table dance.   ;D

anything