Author Topic: Projects for the Swap Shop  (Read 21066 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Projects for the Swap Shop
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2011, 04:46:07 AM »
Thanks, Carl.  I can see where this is going to get huge.  Will it overload the gallery with so many folks posting so many pics there for there many, many offerings?  I just put up two of the houses I sent you, plus two community lots, the graveyard and a sports bar.  Now I know that the patterns are ok I'll put up the Pink Flamingo Dance Club.

Since I make so many things, would it be better to post them under things like houses, (which I make the most of), or under a Child Board with my and squeakyclean's name?

For now, just use the existing Child boards.  So, your houses would go on the board for Lots.  We can always reorganize again down the line if it becomes necessary.

Don't worry about overloading the Gallery.  Carl set it up to hold close to a million images.  We haven't even hit 7,000 yet.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2011, 12:12:41 PM »
Any official word yet on the whether patterns are considered CC?

I'm not sure if you've noticed it yet, but there is in a round about way.  Check the Swap Shop instructions sticky:

It has to be your original item that you yourself have created in Create A Pattern or something that you personally have re-colored.

This directly implies that patterns are acceptable in the swap shop.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2011, 08:43:56 PM »
I'm sorry if I'm either being very stupid or just too literal, but there seems to be a contradiction about whether we can load creations that we have recolored using patterns created by someone else that we have downloaded from the Exchange.

Quote from Carl in the 2nd to last paragraph of the Swap Shop Rules:
PLEASE NOTE:  Only content created by our members is allowed to be uploaded.  For example, you cannot download something from the Sims 3 Exchange and then upload it here.  It has to be your original item that you yourself have created in Create A Pattern or something that you personally have re-colored.

I think the use of patterns will be alright, as long as there's nothing X-rated, of course.  This is subject to change if we discover anything fishy with patterns downloaded from the Exchange/

Under the strictest interpretation of Carl's post of 24Feb2011, one could argue that we cannot post creations that we have recolored using someone else's patterns from the Exchange.  On 27Feb2011 Pam has indicated that the use of patterns from the Exchange in items we upload to the swap shop is okay.  Would it be possible to get an official clarification of this in the rules?

Thank you!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2011, 12:08:24 AM »
I'm sorry it wasn't made clear. 

If you're uploading a pattern, it needs to be something you've created or re-colored yourself.  In other words, don't download a pattern from the Exchange and put it straight onto the Swap Shop under your name. 

If you're uploading clothing or furnishings, it's ok to use patterns from the Exchange.  You're not claiming the pattern as your creation, you're claiming the recolored item as being yours.

I hope this clarifies the matter.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2011, 04:46:23 AM »
So I can upload my sims with clothes, using EA exchange patterns?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2011, 06:57:31 AM »
So I can upload my sims with clothes, using EA exchange patterns?

Yes, that is correct.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2011, 10:43:16 AM »
Hooray!!!  Thank you for clarifying that, Pam!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »
I've noticed not much is going up in furnishings or construction/walls floors etc.  Are people disinterested in recolors of, forinstance, bathtubs, and maybe feel they can do that themselves, or is it not really clear what should go into those categories?  Another forinstance is wall coverings.  Since the debate over what is ok pattern wise or not, there may be some confusion as to wall coverings.
If I make a wall paper of two different patterns, neither of which I personally created, then that wall covering really could not be considered as mine, right?  Or could it?  Ditto on things like sofas or rugs, like the chandelier rug? 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 11:31:11 AM »
I am not sure if I can request in here or not.  But I can never remember which clothes are maternity clothes, except the dress.  I would love to see some recolored clothes with cute patterns.  That way it would help stand out which are the maternity clothes. One or 2 of each different piece of maternity clothing would be an incredible addition in my opinion.  Thanks!
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
I am not sure if I can request in here or not.  But I can never remember which clothes are maternity clothes, except the dress.  I would love to see some recolored clothes with cute patterns.  That way it would help stand out which are the maternity clothes. One or 2 of each different piece of maternity clothing would be an incredible addition in my opinion.  Thanks!

I had made a suggestion for a pattern request thread. Fingers crossed we get one because I love new patterns.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
@ Gerrr: I'd love to design some maternity clothes for you. Do you have particular colours in mind?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
That reminds me of a burning question that I keep forgetting to ask, and I apologize in advance since it's off topic.

How does one go about changing maternity clothes?  My sims can't access the dresser when they're pregnant.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2011, 12:28:36 PM »
@ Hosfac - Change them into the Maternity Clothes you made before they do the spin thing.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 12:53:05 PM »
@ Hosfac Here is a link that discusses maternity clothes. I can never remember which is which when I am in game, that is why I put up the request.  With that said and done, lets get back on topic. :)
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 02:42:54 PM »
Gerrr, I have some ready to upload but my husband is finally ready to run some errands so I'll upload them as soon as I get back. I apologize.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations