Author Topic: The Colour Dynasty - Update 4/8/2013 (Final Chapter) The Final Goodbyes  (Read 19155 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Colour Dynasty - The 8th generation is born
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2011, 01:50:37 AM »
I think my favorite out of all of them is Vincent.  I am not quite sure why, but he just has that distinguished look about him and very attractive.  Little Sebastian has some big shoes to fill.  Poor Sunshine got the "baby out of wedlock" rumour. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
What is it about a baby in the house that makes people turn into babbling idiots.  Little Sebastian has us all wrapped around his tiny little finger.

He is just too adorable and Sunshine dotes on him with every little whimper.  It is not too long before his toddler birthday and then we will all be on the run.  With Sunshine working now during the day, we will most likely be kept busy by little Sebastian.

I overheard Star and sunshine having a conversation about little Sebastians future, which I thought quite odd since he is still a baby.  They were talking about girlfriends and babies and how it was not fair that all of us had children and Sebastian wasn't going to be able to father any of his own.  I had thought about that myself, but we have come to far in this dynasty to change the rules.  Hopefully, Sebastian will understand.

It seems that I cannot even get close to my grandson without the grandma's being right there.  That is ok, I can take him fishing when he gets older, because the women don't like to pick up worms, haha.

Carlton and I were talking and it seems like we both have thought alot about Agnes and Noelle lately and we even agreed that some nights, it feels like someone is watching the house.  I still miss Agnes alot and wish she could see what this family has become.  She would be proud, that is for sure.

Well, with the birth of Sebastion, that makes four women and four men, so at least we evened out.

All of victor's paintings that he paints are masterpiece's now.  His latest is wonderful.

I have been doing alot of thinking and have come up with a plan for when the dynasty comes to a close, but I am not  revealing anything as of yet.  The others must be told first and I am not quite sure how they are going to react.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
I know that is a pretty common painting, but this one is so much more clear than the other ones that my sims have painted. :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
Nice update!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2011, 02:35:16 AM »
Hey, Salty!  I went searching and found some of my favorite Colours!  I'm so glad you're going to make it to the end!  I'm still struggling with redoing the house.  Almost lost everything thanks to the update and Gens glitches but I think we're good to go now.  Sheesh, I'm only at gen4 so this is going to be quite a job.  You surely had some perserverance with the Colours.  Loved all the updates and darling little Sebastian just stole my heart.  Big hugs, girlfriend!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 05:32:34 AM »
Hey, Salty!  I went searching and found some of my favorite Colours!  I'm so glad you're going to make it to the end!  I'm still struggling with redoing the house.  Almost lost everything thanks to the update and Gens glitches but I think we're good to go now.  Sheesh, I'm only at gen4 so this is going to be quite a job.  You surely had some perserverance with the Colours.  Loved all the updates and darling little Sebastian just stole my heart.  Big hugs, girlfriend!

Can't agree with you more, Joria! Colours for the win! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2011, 12:51:49 PM »
Thanks.  Unfortunately, I have to wait and get some more memory for this computer and get another graphics card.  Memory is first though.  I tried playing my dynasty and it was so slow and my founders inventory was flashing like Esthers and I cannot remove anything from their inventory, but I want to finish it really bad, lol. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
Thanks.  Unfortunately, I have to wait and get some more memory for this computer and get another graphics card.  Memory is first though.  I tried playing my dynasty and it was so slow and my founders inventory was flashing like Esthers and I cannot remove anything from their inventory, but I want to finish it really bad, lol. :)

Oh no! I heard that was fixed in the latest patch, 1.24? :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
I found that as long as I exit out of a Sim's personal inventory (ie, select any other tab), switch Sims, and then open that Sim's personal inventory, the personal inventories don't flash. This didn't fix the stuck items bug though, unfortunately.

*Patiently waiting for Salty to buy and install more memory*
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
Almost all of my inventory bugs were fixed with the new patch except the main lady in my DecaDynasty but when she got back from her "Free Vacation" everything was fixed like it was never a problem.   I know that traveling does fix the problem but that's a risk because it seems instead of fixing the traveling bugs - the last two patches have made them more prevalent.

I hope everything gets fixed for you soon!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Colour Dynasty - The 8th generation is born (updated 8/28/2011)
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »
I am trying to finish this dynasty, which I started a year ago.  I have had more problems than I care to deal with.  Since I had purchased a new video card, I did manage to get some of the story accomplished, until I couldn't get my seventh generation heir to go to work or go to bed.  She just stood there and finally it crashed.  Next payday is more memory, so I hope that helps.  Anyway, this is a short update and at least I got some more done for now.

sunshine:

As you know, I took over the telling of this story and I believe I had just had my son, Sebastian.  My mom has kind of taken over the teaching to walk and talk and go potty, it seems I am always so tired lately.

I don't know how my grandparents have lived all of this time without going stir crazy.  I am at my wits end and I am so confused about so many things.  I want more from my life than this, but I guess I am just stuck for now or forever, as the case may be.  For my job, I needed to throw a fundraiser, so I thought, what better place than in my grandfather's park across the street.  It was uneventful and of course the grim made his appearance for one of many townfolk that are dropping like flies.

On a brighter note, my grandma Charlene was flirting up a storm with someone that came to the party.  I almost had to tell them to get a room, but I did not think that was appropriate.

Then I saw my grandma Agnes and Grandpa Franklin arguing over something. The only think I heard was she heard he had been cheating, oh good grief, she has been gone for what, a thousand years?

One night, just before my birthday, Grandpa Franklin called one of family meetings.  I can't take this anymore and I think I am going to scream:

When I arrived in the kitchen, everyone was eating their ambrosia and there was actually a line.  Oh boy, I can't wait to eat that stuff, fish and flowers, yuk.

We all sat around the table and Grandpa Franklin started his little speech:

Again we were asked about what we wanted to do when the dynasty came to an end.  I thought, not this again, so I made a suggestion, "why don't we all take some paper and write down what we would like to do in private and do not sign it."  After some more discussion, Grandpa finally agreed. 

Then it was my adult birthday, yay, I am so thrilled.  I don't feel any different, but my thoughts are different.

Later that night, after everyone was asleep, I wrote my letter.

Dear Family,

At this point in my life I know what I would have wanted and what I still would like to have.  I want to date, get married, have kids and lead a normal life.  I am not sure if that is possible, but I want to be normal and I don't want to settle anymore.  I hope I can get through this without losing my mind, but I am going to try for the families sake.  To live hundreds of years without no one in your life, does not sound like much of a life for anyone.  I heard from town folk there is town far away called Hidden Springs.  It has everything that I always wanted.  We all are going to have enough money to do what we want, any way we see fit and that is my dream come true.  If I cannot have a future, I might as well just call the grim and have him come get me.  Well, at least I got this out in the open, so maybe I can sleep now.

I know they will probably know it is from me, but I really don't care.  I have to stay strong for Sebastian, because if he is anything like me, he will have the same questions and dreams that I do.  I wonder if there is actually a normal life out there.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »
I love every time you update!!
"Tired of immortality? Don't like those drab dynasty rules? Escape to Hidden Springs today!"

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »
I am so glad that the Colours are back. Sunshine does not seem happy the poor love.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »
Yay the Colours have returned!
Poor Sunshine! I wonder how all our Sims feel about participating in Dynasties...
Awesome update!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Colour Dynasty - Update 3/30/13
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2013, 08:18:40 PM »
I actually got my dynasty to work again.  I thought I had put it on my new computer, but maybe I didn't.  Anyway, I have been playing all afternoon and will do an update this evening or tomorrow, yayyy.  I can't believe it, three years or more I have been trying to finish this thing.  I wish I had not deleted most of my story, but I guess that is the way it goes.  I remember that all of the elders had completed all of their requirements and Sunshine had Sebastian.  I guess the save I had was just before Sunshine's adult birthday and just before Sebastians youth birthday.  So if I repeat something, just bear with me until I get my bearings on this story, it has been forever since I played it and now, I just want to get it done. :)