Author Topic: Tales of the Crimson Fox: Immortal Dynasty, take 3  (Read 7945 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Tales of the Crimson Fox: Immortal Dynasty, take 3
« on: February 13, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
We all know about the properties of Life Fruit, especially when cooked in Ambrosia.  It can extend your life…but you have to keep eating it.  If you want to live forever, you have to eat it forever.  But what would you say if I told you there was a way to make it permanent?  I’ve had the opportunity to do some research, and I’ve come to the conclusion that it might, indeed, be possible.

The burning question is, of course:  am I a world renown scientist with a break-through method of farming?  A philanthropist doctor with cutting-edge human/fruit grafting techniques?  No, nothing so mundane.  I’m a wealth-redistribution technician, with a specialization in physical appropriations.

Yes, I steal things…but don’t mistake me for a common thief.  I am an exceptional thief.  I have traveled the world, taking that which they said could not be taken.  My name has been romanticized by the masses and is feared by the wealthy.  My deeds are the stuff of legends!

I am Scarlett Renard, better known as The Crimson Fox!

WHAT?!  You’ve never heard of me?  Why I…ah, well…um…OK, you got me.  I supposed I embellished a little bit.  It kind of goes with the territory.  I haven’t really traveled, and I’m not exactly legendary or even feared by anyone.  Not yet, anyways.  In fact, even Scarlett Renard is nothing more than a pseudonym:  I have gone by so many different aliases that I don't remember what my real name actually is.  But regardless, this is how my journey began.

You see, the key to happiness is to love who and what you are.  Acceptance is fine for a start, but you will never truly know joy until you are able to revel in your abilities.  Mine just happens to lie in finding things that are not yet lost.  I suppose it's more of a compulsion than it is a talent, and I'll admit that it used to embarrass me when I was younger.  But the realization that I cannot change who and what I am has afforded me the moral leeway to turn my character flaw into a virtue.

And thanks to this virtue, I came across an old book.  I won’t go into exactly how I got it, but I’m sure you can fill in some of the blanks yourself.  This book is quite a tale:  it’s a journal kept by a pirate captain named Skippy LePew.  While he wasn’t exactly a fearsome pirate (hence the name, I can only assume), he discovered what he thought to be the key to permanent immortality.

My first thought was that if it worked, I would have gotten this book from him instead of where I did get it, so it seemed that this was one pirate who had his timbers shivered once too often.  But apparently, making it permanent a ongoing process, and poor Cap’n Skippy wasn’t able to keep up on the regimen.  I did a little fact-checking, and a lot of what I found seemed to collaborate some of his story.

That’s when it hit me:  I would pull off the ultimate heist.  I would steal my own soul from the Grim Reaper himself!  This will make me the most famous thief of all times!  Wealth and world renown will soon be more than just a silly story I tell to those I meet.

I know what you’re thinking, and trust me:  the thought has occurred to me more than once today, too.  But there’s a fine line between madness and genius.

Some of the details were sketchy or missing altogether, so I’d have to do some more research.  But I had a good idea where to look, and if anyone could find them, I could.  Besides, part of the process is to live in Barnacle Bay.  I’m not sure what’s so special about this place, but since I still need to do some research, it would be best to set up there, anyways.

This made Cap’n Skippy’s old mansion the logical choice.  He might have more journals laying around, and if I rip up the floorboards, I might even find some pirate treasure that the old sea dog squirreled away.  And as luck would have it, it was on the market…and it was cheap!

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with the quality of my new home, to say the very least.  It seems that there was a fire a couple hundred years ago that burnt the mansion to the ground.  Funny how the real estate agent failed to mention that.  He’s a bigger crook than I am.  Well, at least the property has a nice view of the ocean!

Time to come up with a “Plan B.”

No house means no immortality, and since I came all this way, that doesn’t exactly appeal to me.  It also means I’ll be sleeping on the ground in a vacant lot, which appeals to me even less.  And to build a house, I need money.  It’s time to lower myself to pulling off a confidence scheme.

Some discrete inquiries lead me to a local celebrity named Odessa Cross.  While she’s not exactly rich, she has a good job and she’s artistically inclined.  You see, part of the process is to maintain a museum documenting as much of your life as possible.  I just need to nurture her artistic side.

As I’m talking to her, I realize she’s a nice girl, even if she is a bit on the odd side.  As conning people isn’t exactly my cup‘o tea, I initially decide against it.  But when I talk about my plans for a mansion, she gladly abandons her tiny little house.  Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than heartless, I guess.

Her finances are meager, and we only have enough for the foundation, a single room (which will eventually be the bathroom) and the start of the basement, so were back to the sleeping on the ground thing again.  Strangely enough, it doesn’t sound any better now than it did this morning.  But while conning people may not be in my particular skill set, stealing things is.  It’s still early, so I look for a place to put my talents to work.

I don’t have to look far:  just down the road is the Goldbeard’s estate.  Born into wealth, their ancestors made their money the old fashioned way:  they stole it.  It’s an unspoken fact that they can trace their lineage back to famed and successful pirates (unlike my posthumous friend, Cap’n Skippy).  Well, they can hardly complain if I take some of that stolen wealth, myself.

I pay them a visit, and spend some time chatting up a lady named Jasmine Noon, who happens to be spending the night.  Then I slip upstairs, snag a few items from the bedroom and hot-wire their sports car on my way out the door.  I’m starting to like this town already!

During my inquiries earlier, I caught the name of a lady who operates a business that authorities tend to frown on.  So I go and see Doreen Slate to see if she can fence these goods.  It turns out she was in the market for a Bwan Speedster, and she took the other mundane goods off my hands since I delivered it to her.  It’ll be enough to buy a nice bed, so at least Odessa and I can get a good night’s sleep.

While I was there, Doreen offered me a spot on her crew, and as it turns out, I needed a job.  Another part of the process is to be a distinguished professional.  And with a name like “Captain Skippy LePew,” I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say that there’s where the wheels started falling off his wagon.

So, here I am:  living in a shack in an old pirate town, searching for the key to immortality.  If the story seems weird to you, imagine for a moment what I think of it.  More than once today I’ve thought about giving up on this silly idea, but I’m already committed to the path.  No other choice now than to see what’s down at the end of the road.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Ske1337on

Re: Tales of the Crimson Fox: Immortal Dynasty, take 3
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »
I like this story so far. I can't wait to read more of it!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 10:18:42 PM »
I really love the way you've started this. It's great.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »
I wish you the best of luck this time around, Hosfac! I will be back to read more.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:48:20 AM »
Chapter II

Week 4, Day 1

Things are progressing nicely, but if I said it had been easy up to this point, I’d by lying.  In fact, it has been a tremendous amount of work thus far, and it looks like it will become harder in the future.  Who would have thought living forever would require so much effort?  Well, now that I actually think about it…if it was easy, everyone would live forever.

I learned of a cave off the coast, and it has proven to be mildly enlightening.  While there was nothing of significant financial value inside, I now have reason to believe this place relates to the journal of Captain LePew somehow.  There was a chest inside (a toy box really) that contained a note that talked a great deal about the power of the number 8, and the journal talks about how there must be 8 prospective immortal descendants of the same bloodline, and never having more than 8 people living with you.  This cave will definitely require more scrutiny in the future.

Odessa has proven herself to be a pleasant companion and a true friend.  Her artistic abilities have really blossomed, and she is capable of producing some beautiful works of art that would be truly worthy of appropriation if they didn’t already belong to us.  I’ve become rather fond of her and she of me. 

She does think I’m a bit off with my talk of immortality, but I consider the source.  If that’s not a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I don’t know what is.

I also met a man named Richie Radan.  He’s a handsome and personable fellow, and we hit it off immediately.  He was growing weary of his leech roommate, whom he believed was only living with him because he was well-to-do, and I offered to take him out of that environment.  He reluctantly agreed after I shared my plans with him of building a beautiful house on the grounds of the old LePew mansion.

He was a local politician, but I encouraged him to pursue a career in the arts…sculpting in particular.  While not initially receptive of the idea, he came around after learning that a chainsaw was one of the many tools used.  While Richie is quite charming, he has a bit of a dark side that I won't pretend to understand…but who am I to talk about someone else’s character flaws?

Despite his borderline maniacal nature, we developed a romantic relationship.  We were married shortly before my birthday. 

Finances, for the most part, are no longer a serious issue.  Between all of our careers and Odessa’s sideline painting business (and my swiping anything that isn‘t bolted down or red hot), we have built a fine home for ourselves.

Odessa doesn’t appear to care where my portion of the money comes from.  She is either maintaining an “ignorance is bliss” philosophy, or she’s far more naïve than I gave her credit for.  I’m guessing it’s the latter.  Richie, on the other hand seems to take no small amount of pleasure in knowing that he’s prospering at the expense of others.  I’m starting to think I did this town a favor by encouraging him to pursue a career outside of politics.

I wanted a home that reflected my spirit:  without restriction, so I opted for an expansive living area with no walls at all, except for the bathrooms of course.  This way, if a “room” is too small, fixing it is only a matter of moving the furniture.  But I do understand that everyone needs their own “personal space,” so I had 8 second floor bedrooms built, each with it’s own private bathroom.

We’ve also become something of a phenomenon around here.  Stores give us discounts, we’re stalked by the paparazzi, businesses give us things (which has also helped build our house), people take our pictures and ask for autographs…which I find somewhat strange, because I’ve stolen things from almost everyone in town.  It’s getting to the point to where I've decided to start building a security gate.  Richie thinks we should electrify the fence (with high voltage, no less), although that seems a bit overly hostile to me.  But, hey:  that’s my husband for you!

Today was my birthday, and as early birthday presents, Odessa painted a beautiful portrait of me, and Richie ‘immortalized’ me in ice.  We were also lucky enough to find a wonderful camera at the consignment store, and Odessa took a picture of my ‘bikini body’ that I have been working so hard on. 

I’ve decided to place my monuments in an area I’m building in the second floor basement, although this area will need to be expanded for future generations.  Time enough to worry about that later, though.

The Museum of Immortality is off to a fantastic start.  On top of it all, Richie and I are expecting our first child. 

I’m hoping it’s a boy, myself.  Richie has no preference one way or the other…all he hopes is that his child grows up to conquer the world.  Talk about living out your unfulfilled dreams through your children…

Yeah, now that I think about it, I should get a medal for taking Richie out of the political arena.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
Oooh, romance, intrigue, and NOOBOOS!!!  Congrats on a great start to your dynasty.  I'm looking forward to reading more about Scarlet's adventures!  Your backstory is so imaginative.  My founder is a klepto, too, and I love it.  He's gotten good at stealing cars but I can't seem to get him to snag a nice stove or an expensive bed.  He always goes for kitchen cabinets, trashcans, and curtains.  Go figure!  I hope Scarlet has better taste than my guy does.   ;)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
He's gotten good at stealing cars but I can't seem to get him to snag a nice stove or an expensive bed.

That's what I was hoping for when she was looting the Goldbeard's bedroom.  But what caught her eye instead?  The curtains and the nightstand.  I had to call it quits at that point, because she was not leaving without that Bwan Speedster.   :P

By the way:  Evil sims are somewhat fun to turn into sculptors.  I vidcaped Richie using a chainsaw to sculpt with, but since it didn't capture the sound, it just wasn't the same.  But it's worth training one up to ice sculptures to see it for yourself.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
Great Story!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 11:13:21 PM »
Part III:

Maternity leave gave me the opportunity to spend some much needed time with my family.  But it does take some doing to pry the chainsaw from Richie’s hands, even for a few minutes.  His malevolent nature is only rivaled by his motivation to work…and there are days where it’s difficult to tell which hold more sway over him.  But he’s very nice to me and Odessa, so I won’t begrudge him a wicked fantasy or two.

But even though it has given me some time off from my “day job,” being in the motherly way hasn’t done much to curb my appetite for fine automobiles.

I would now like to take a moment to introduce you to my beautiful daughter:  Amber Renard.  While I didn’t get the son that I was hoping for (yet), Amber is more of a jewel than I dreamed a child would have been.  Seeing to her every whim has become a more popular pastime in the household than the hot tub ever was!

Odessa spoils her rotten.

And when he‘s in her presence (which surprisingly, is quite often), dreams of world domination and plots involving orbital death-ray satellites are the furthest thing from Richie’s mind.

And if I ever catch him doing that, I’m going to redefine the entire concept of evil for him.

But as kids do, she grew up so fast and went from a beautiful baby to an even more adorable toddler.

She is a handful, but thankfully everyone is pitching in to teach her the things she needs to know at her age.  Even Richie sacrifices a significant portion of his “work time” (which is pretty much every moment he’s awake) to chat with his daughter.

Although, I sometimes wonder what they talk about…

Since Amber learned to talk, Odessa has become “Aunt Odessa,” and the two of them are extremely close.  Very possibly because they share identical interests at the moment so there‘s plenty of things for them to talk about.  I’m elated over their relationship, and I’ll remain that way as long as the two of them don’t start arguing over the toys.

Odessa had her birthday recently, but sadly, everyone was out at the time so she had to celebrate it by herself.  I bought her a doll house to make up for it, but Amber gets as much use out of it as she does…which I don’t think bothers her all that much.  I believe Odessa she sees Amber as the child she‘ll never have, and due to this, I feel really good for bringing her into my little family.

And speaking of family, Richie and I have discussed it at some length and we’ve decided to try and give Amber a little brother after she starts school.  Amber, herself, wants “a baby brother, and this many baby sisters (holding up all 10 fingers),” but I just don’t see that happening.  I think she’s going to have to settle for the one sibling.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 02:05:59 AM »
Awesome update! I dare Richie to get caught stealing candy from his little girl!

I'm curious as to whether or not a toddler and an adult can play with the dollhouse at the same time.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 12:27:24 PM »
I love the pic of father and daughter talking about the Grim!  Sooo funny!  Congrats on little Amber and keep the updates coming!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 05:06:23 PM »
Part IV

Whoever said that motherhood was a full time job really knew what they were talking about.  Between raising Amber, securing museum pieces, training for immortality and trying to keep Richie from killing himself, I barely have time for anything else.  I haven't even made my nightly rounds to the various parking lots lately.

Richie has recently discovered a new implement of destruction:  the blowtorch.  The only real difference between this and the chainsaw is that the rest of Barnacle Bay is safe.  Richie…well, not so much.

It’s a good thing he’s nice to Odessa.

Amber started school recently, and I went back to work.  These last few portraits have been a struggle to get, and Amber and I barely managed to get them done.  Well, Odessa’s doing all the “heavy lifting” in that department, and she’s been getting frustrated because one of the most common sentences to come out of my mouth recently is “they’re not good enough, we got to do them again.”  So, to make things easier on her, I bought her place of employment (Hogan‘s Deep Sea Diner) and as her new boss, I insisted that she retire.

The paintings took way more time than I had hoped to get together, and Amber started high school before we had a chance to work on that baby brother we promised her. 

And while she was an adorable child, she has grown into stunning young woman.  Yeah, she is so going to a private school.

She is extremely intelligent and has a serious passion for all things natural:  gardening, fishing, you name it.  If it’s going on outside, she’s all about it.  She has recently announced her desire to become a scientist after she graduates, and has said that she’ll help me with that cave I found.  Nobody else local has any clue as to it’s origins or about the inscriptions on the various urns within.

And once the last minute pressures of the museum were lifted, Richie and I decided to go ahead and make good on our word.  Just in the nick of time, too.  Had we waited any longer, my child bearing years would have been behind us.

Richie’s birthday was the other day as well.  He didn’t seem all that happy about it, as he had it in seclusion at Ophelia’s Fishing Hole, which we’ve also purchased.  We’ve built an underground family mausoleum there, and he’s been sprucing the place up with sculptures.

But as you can see, his senior status hasn’t mellowed him all that much.

The day after his birthday, we welcomed Richie Jr into the world.

This was a welcome edition, since Amber is past the age where she wants to cuddle (with us anyways).  Since she’s at the age where she knows what childbirth is all about, she has given me a pass on the 10 sisters.  Good thing too:

I had my birthday just after he was born. 

While that is my natural hair color, I'll admit that I had to "reinstall" it out of a bottle.

I have almost completed Captain LePew‘s immortality checklist.  I have reached a state of athletic perfection (my chosen ability), my museum is full, and I have 6 friends who know me better than I do.  I have completed 6 of the “black ops” that he mentioned and all of my financial holdings are in order.  The only three things standing between me and eternity is one of my three unique abilities, to complete my lifetime goal and for me to be a leader of my field.  And I’m a single promotion away from all three of them.

Now, if I can just stay out of jail long enough to do it

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »
Happy Birthday all around!

I love the picture of Odessa turning the fire extinguisher on Richie! It made me laugh. ;D

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 10:37:04 PM »
Amber is a very pretty teen.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 11:48:32 PM »
I love the picture of Odessa turning the fire extinguisher on Richie! It made me laugh. ;D

I've done a lot of sculpting, and I didn't even realize that could happen lol.  Richie started sculpting, then there was an explosion, and I'm like "Woah, Richie's on fire!"

Amber is a very pretty teen.

Oh my god, isn't she?  Usually when you're marrying townies (unless the one in question is extremely good looking like Christopher Steel or Billy Caspian in Riverview), it takes a few generations before the kids stop growing up into homely adults. 

She had a ghastly hairdo when she aged up, so when I started trying on new hair styles I came to the one she has now and my jaw hit my keyboard lol.  I was like "Woah, she's hawt!"   :o

On a unrelated note:  Even the best plans have flaws.  And the more complete you think your plan is, the larger those flaws will be.

When I started thinking about what I wanted in this house, one of the things that first came to my mind was a garage.  Fast Lane Stuff is still relatively new to me, so I really wanted to make use of some of those new items.  But when I started laying out the plans, my obsessive-compulsive mind took over (which is usually a virtue when it comes to detail oriented work) and I centered the house perfectly on the lot.  The house is rather wide (I absolutely love large back yards), which left absolutely no room for any manner of garage.

I realized this today, and I was utterly stunned.  I thought to myself:  "Now what do I do!?"  So I laid out my possibilities:

1)  I could start over.  And seeing as how I am having so much fun with this story line, that was totally 10,000% out of the question.  Far too much work has been done to scrap it now.
2)  I could do without the garage.  No, this was one of my primary desires.  Just forgetting about it will bug me pretty much the entire time.  So that's out of the question.
3)  I could put it in the back yard.  But I have plans for my back yard, that didn't exactly work into them.  Sure, I could just rearrange things in my mind to make it fit, but just like doing without, it would bug me to no end.
4)  I could tear down the entire house and rebuild it.  I couldn't even bear the thought of that, so I quickly pushed it out of my mind.
5)  I could move the house. 

When the last option popped into my head, I thought "Pfft, yeah right.  I'll just move a partially furnished and decorated house with several angular walls, an overhanging second floor, and that happens to have a bunch of Sims living in it.  What a nightmare that would be."  But the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was the only option I had left.  So I set to the task of moving the house 7 squares to one side.

Now, I don't know if any of you have ever physically moved an entire house full of furniture and sims, but the insanity of the concept cannot even come close to being overstated.  We're talking very close to 3 hours of effort on my part.  But when I changed my mindset from "It can't be done" to "How can I do it," I worked it out to even my satisfaction.  And that takes a lot.  :P

It would have taken less time had I just moved everything to the family inventory, but the first floor has only two rooms (a gigantic bathroom and a hot tub room of the same size), and the rest of the area is an expansive, loft style arrangement.  Every piece of furniture that has been placed was exactly where I wanted it, and if I just packed it all away at once, I would have had to work it all out again.  So, I moved some walls, then moved some furniture, rinse and repeat.  The angular walls forced me to completely reconstruct a few areas of the house as I went:  the front entrance way and part of the two downstairs rooms.  And I can't even begin to tell you how glad I was that I decided to put the stairs to the basement in a building in the back yard...I would have probably been totally out of luck otherwise. 

Just to give you an idea of how far I moved the house, I took some screen shots.

Here's an older shot, without the fence.  But you can still use the front gate as a reference point, as I haven't moved it yet:

Here are a couple of shots I took before I fixed the roof:

And now it's finished:

Plenty of room for a garage!  And the strange thing is that before I moved it, there were some flaws in the roof that kind of bothered me.  After I replaced the roof, it's now perfect!  I couldn't possibly be happier.  But I can guarantee you that I won't forget the garage again lol.

Sadly, the move cost my sims just under $5,000.  But the benefit for my peace of mind is priceless.  ;)