Author Topic: Nectar Making Problem  (Read 13839 times)

Offline squidlet

• Nooboo
Re: Nectar Making Problem
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 07:10:29 PM »
Thanks Anushka and Hosfac.  Yes,  I've noticed the thing about all fridges being one on the same lot - annoying!   I'll try using Treasure Chests - basically what I want to do is split out all the high quality fruit to upgrade the seedbank for the garden from the individual and household personal inventories, which can be use for cooking / fertliiser purposes.

Incidentally,  does anyone know what happens to 'disposed' produce ?  In Sims 2 you could recycle dead plants to make compost.  In Sims 3 there is a recycle function for some indoors rubbish but as far as  I can see it doesn't apply to garden waste.  Ideally, it should be turned into 'fertiliser'.

I also miss the greenhouses you could build in Sims 2 !

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »
While you can buy the recycle bin for your sims, all it does is give them a nice little moodlet for being environmentally conscious (although it may require the download of the "eco-pack" from the Sims Store, but at least it's free).  Since you can use produce and fish to fertilize, there's not a whole lot of reason to have compost too.

It's worth noting that if you have a recycle bin, sims will automatically use it before they will the regular trash can.  So typically, I place the recycle bin by the garden and leave the trash can near where the papers are dropped off (if I don't cancel the service).
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 04:31:50 AM »
It's worth noting that if you have a recycle bin, sims will automatically use it before they will the regular trash can.  So typically, I place the recycle bin by the garden and leave the trash can near where the papers are dropped off (if I don't cancel the service).

An exelent way in my opinion. I'm using it also and if your sims loves the outdoors and is a green thumb surounded by perfect quality plants which trickers the nicely decorated moodlet, combining those with the envrionmentally conscisous is a huge happyness factory.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »
An exelent way in my opinion. I'm using it also and if your sims loves the outdoors and is a green thumb surounded by perfect quality plants which trickers the nicely decorated moodlet, combining those with the envrionmentally conscisous is a huge happyness factory.

Every sim gets that environmentally conscious moodlet when using the recycle bin.  The bonus is bigger for Eco-Friendly sims.

Offline squidlet

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »
Great combination of advice.  So I'm going to move the recycle bin to the garden and sort out Treasure Chests to store high quality fruit to keep upgrading the garden.  Sort of related (though is moving from nectar-making to gardening) I'm having problems making my sprinklers come on automatically or indeed at all - I keep on asking my gardener to 'turn sprinkler on' but nothing happens.  Also my Handy nectar maker has upgraded a couple so they should be automatic - but they don't appear to come on.  Any suggestions ?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »
Automatic sprinklers typically come on at about 5am (the time plants change their growth stage) and run for an hour or so.  But I can't say why non-automatic sprinklers wouldn't turn on when you told them to.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 03:43:54 PM »
@squidlet - Have you tried replacing the spinklers that aren't working with new ones? Also, you don't have to turn on automatic spinklers for them to start watering the plants around 5 AM.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 03:10:52 AM »
Great combination of advice.  So I'm going to move the recycle bin to the garden and sort out Treasure Chests to store high quality fruit to keep upgrading the garden.  Sort of related (though is moving from nectar-making to gardening) I'm having problems making my sprinklers come on automatically or indeed at all - I keep on asking my gardener to 'turn sprinkler on' but nothing happens.  Also my Handy nectar maker has upgraded a couple so they should be automatic - but they don't appear to come on.  Any suggestions ?

The sprinkler bit is off topic and should be put in a separate thread.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 11:15:32 AM »
You don't have to store your perfect fruits/veggies in a treasure chest.  You can separate them and store them within your, or another Sims inventory.  The best fruit/veggie will be the one on top and the lowest the one on the bottom of the stack.  There is a way to expand the list of a particular fruit/veggie, which I forget how to do.  If you are within your own inventory I think it's a double click on it to pop the box open and show each fruit/veggie in the particular frame separately.  Then, when you mouse over the fruit/veggie, it tells you what quality it is.  Simply drag the perfect ones to a different slot between others.  I once had mine all lined up like little soldiers from Perfect to normal quality.  (I obviously was bored that day)  It made it easier for me, although VERY time consuming, to see what quality they were and sell off the lower quality ones to make room for only the top three best.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
There is a way to expand the list of a particular fruit/veggie, which I forget how to do.

There's a little tab that looks like the upper left hand corner is folded over.  If you click on that tab, it opens up a scroll box that allows you to examine the individual fruit.

tdub92x

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 04:26:22 PM »
I read all the posts and I tried dragging the fruit into the box. I assume you were talking about the round box next to the Nectar Machine... correct me if I'm wrong. I have 10 of each fruit so I don't understand why I can't make Nectar. I'm in France right now and I've tried every machine. Tell me what I need to do please!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »
Welcome tdub :)

You'll have to click on nectar machine, chose "add fruit" and than you'll get the same box as you get when you open treasure chest or fridge, or LN bar. Then you drag your fruit from inventory to that blue square you get, just above menu, press the "X" to close it after placing 10 fruits and then you can make nectar (and watch your Sim pressing the fruit in swimming wear).
I hope I managed to explain it good enough, let us know if you still have troubles with it.

tdub92x

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 05:45:04 PM »
Okay that helped a lot! :) Thank you it worked! I was wasting all my days in France trying to figure this out!! Much appreciated!! Thank you :)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 05:33:13 AM »
You're welcome! And I'm glad it worked. Check out the recipes for amazing and very expencive nectars and some special abilities special fruit add to it. And make shore you drink it after great meals, it adds +5 to meal moodlet ;)

anything