Author Topic: Index of Houses Listed on the Swap Shop  (Read 50530 times)

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
Re: Index of Houses Listed on the Swap Shop
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 04:18:23 AM »
Great idea. +1 for you, Twinmum. Yeah.
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 11:37:26 PM »
Arghh, one of my price indexes (so far) exceeds the allowed number of characters in a single post. I may have to rethink how the houses will be sorted for price. I may need to delete the couple of posts already made on this thread so I can keep all the indexes together.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 04:18:12 AM »
Twinmum, for the Dreamhouse - The number of bedrooms is 4 but the number of beds is 6, with two being double beds - The Dreamhouse is made for a whole family of 8, although there is one whole empty room in the corner of the house that is left for another addition. :)

EDIT: This applies to Renesmee's Remodel. The original version is still made for eight sims, it has 7 beds but one is a double bed so thats eight sims. I don't think there's room for another bedroom in the original.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 04:29:01 AM »
OK, I'll list it as 4 because the lists are by rooms, not how many it can sleep. Could you change your listing to reflect the number of bedrooms please as this information is actually requested in Carl's guidelines for uploading houses.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 04:30:36 AM »
OK, I'll list it as 4 because the lists are by rooms, not how many it can sleep. Could you change your listing to reflect the number of bedrooms please as this information is actually requested in Carl's guidelines for uploading houses.

Okay, I'll change it now. :)

EDIT: The original has 5 bedrooms, but one is split by a half-wall so does that count it as one? Also, it's two seperate houses but it's on the same thread, should I have made a seperate thread for the remodel? I'm probably just confusing things, I just want to make sure I haven't made more mistakes.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 04:42:54 AM »
lol, you're probably just confusing things now. As for whether to list it as four or five, it's not that important, just what you see it to be. Nobody's going to jump on you for saying four when they think it's five (well I won't anyway  ;D ) It's just a good practice to list the basics when listing a property because it makes it easy for visitors to see at a glance if it suites what they want.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 06:07:05 AM »
lol, you're probably just confusing things now. As for whether to list it as four or five, it's not that important, just what you see it to be. Nobody's going to jump on you for saying four when they think it's five (well I won't anyway  ;D ) It's just a good practice to list the basics when listing a property because it makes it easy for visitors to see at a glance if it suites what they want.

Okay, thankyou. :) I've put five for the original and four for the remodel.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »
Twinmum, one of the things I've noticed with houses I've downloaded is there is seldom a name, and the name of the creator, and a description of the build.  Many of the houses in my inventory simply say "Lot" and what size the lot is, but no name and no clue who built it.  This means if someone wants to use a build in a remake of a town or something that will be shared, there is no way to contact the builder for permission and therefor it really shouldn't be used. 

When you click the export icon, there is an opportunity to name the build and write a description.  It is important for builders who wish to share their builds to use this so others can tell at a glance who built it and whether it is something they truly want to use.  This was a big issue when we were building Union Cove and would make it a lot easier for any future efforts along those lines.

I updated Pretty in Pink to fill in all the info gaps and added Pretty in Pink 2.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
Hi Twinmum,  the link for "Starter for Less Than 10", fifth item down in the list, does not work for me.  Could you check it please?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
Not to make your life more complicated, (ok I lie, lol), could you make a list of "Community Lots"?  Some of the "houses" are actually community lots and while they may have bedrooms, like Fire Stations, they aren't really houses.

This has been a fantastic project and you've done it so beautifully.  Thank you so much.  I can't begin to tell you how much it's helped me! 

Hugs,
Joria

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 05:06:16 PM »
I desperately need to update this and I do have a community lot index in progress. Once my real life commitments calm down in a couple of weeks, I'll have time to spend more time here to get it all up to scratch.

Norma

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 01:16:47 PM »
Broken link for:

Starter for less then ten    ..   1   ..   9,040    ..   ?   ..   20 x20    ....   Amb    ..   Find it here.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline BakaUshio

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 01:32:49 AM »
Someone know where is that All In One skills house with 10x10 if I'm not mistaken.

anything