Author Topic: Geometric Patterns by Gheez  (Read 7241 times)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Geometric Patterns by Gheez
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »
These patterns can all be found under Geometric.

* Shoopur
* Foot Fetish
* Mayan Motif
* Mayan Milk
Maybe Mayan Navy
Maybe Mayan Shine

* new patterns added 12 April 2011

Making Waves

A ripple-effect in shades of blue.  The colours can be tweaked slightly but there will always be a blue tinge.  Changing the lightness and darkness slider affects the prominence of the stripes.

I like to use it as a bed cover. It reminds me of a ripple crochet afghan.

Waves of Vertigo

Vertical ripples of dark blue and green, like some kind of deep sea underwater seaweed forest.  The colours can be tweaked but sometimes the effects are surprising.

I like this one on a sofa or floor rug.

Monkey x Pig

A children's pattern. A patchwork of monkeys and crosses, with a pig.  The colour of the crosses and most of the background squares may be changed.  

(Apologies that picture of the pattern shows one of the crosses selected - the little framework around the red cross, top left, is not part of the pattern.)

I think this pattern goes well on upholstery, perhaps a child's chair or beanbag, if EA ever provide us with one.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Geometric Patterns by Gheez
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:13:41 AM »
I even like the vertigo one on the wall and they are both outstanding on the carpet and furniture.  I can see where it would make a good afghan look!  (hmm, now where did I put that crochet hook?)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:38:42 AM »
I even like the vertigo one on the wall and they are both outstanding on the carpet and furniture.  I can see where it would make a good afghan look!  (hmm, now where did I put that crochet hook?)

Your crochet hooks are probably hanging out with mine somewhere in the closet.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 01:42:37 PM »
Mine are hanging out in my Latest Project's bag beside the couch waiting for my next hockey game on TV!

The wavy stripes are super cool, I just have to try these ones. Thanks Gheez!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »
Thanks very much.

I think that my crochet hook may be a bit envious of the outing that your crochet hooks get, lilygirl. Mine is currently suffering the same fate as the hooks belonging to Joria and Pam.

I've just added another pattern - I wasn't sure if it could really be classifed as Geometric but it sort of made some sense at the time - hope that it'll be useful for someone.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Geometric Patterns by Gheez (new pattern added 2nd March 2011)
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 02:57:05 PM »
Gave up on the crochet hooks.  I think they went and hid in Pam's closet.  Decided to download your excellent patterns instead.  Cross stitch anyone?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
Maybe Mayan Navy

This pattern has a textured effect.  There is only one layer but it is recolourable.  

It suitable for walls and furniture upholstery.

There is only one layer but it is recolourable.  

Maybe Mayan Shine

This pattern uses the specular layer.  It is recolourable - it is not black - the swatch above* shows the specular shine.

It is suitable for wallpaper, as a watered silk effect on soft furnishings or to give objects a metallic effect.  It appears as a soft sheen, that changes according to lighting conditions in the room.  It's a subtler version of the Maybe Mayan Navy pattern.

NOTE:  requires good graphics  
The effect will only be visible in-game if you have a good graphics card and have the game graphics running on high. I could see the effect in CAP but in-game the walls appeared plain - as can be seen in my in-game picture, below.  I run TS3 on a laptop with integrated graphics and am disappointed not to be able to get the effect.

* the picture above shows how the swatch for Maybe Mayan Shine will appear in your game.  
(I'm not sure why it looks that sludge green colour for the sample saved in CAP was cream.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Geometric Patterns by Gheez - new patterns added
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 05:49:44 AM »
Mayan Motif

Ancient Mexican figures on the 'Maybe Mayan' pattern, in a milky shade of white.

The figures are re-colourable but I had problems re-colouring the background in-game, so have included just the background in case you wish to match the colour with a relatively blank wall:

Mayan Milk

The Mayan Motif pattern is also usable as a border.

From the left: - Mayan Motif pattern applied to entire wall / Mayan Motif used as border on the Wallpaper: Wall with 3/4 height border, Mayan Milk used on remainder of wall / Mayan Motif used as border on the Tile: Pool Wall, Mayan Milk used on remainder of wall.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Geometric Patterns by Gheez - new patterns added 12 April 2011
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 06:14:46 AM »
Shoopur

Add a few inches to your wall with this re-colourable two-channel pattern of extremely high heels.

Foot Fetish

Can't walk in heels? Why not walk barefoot in the sand, instead?  (Or re-colour the background and the feet to pretend you've walked over wet paint... we're assuming here that you have sticky feet like a fly and can walk up walls... or would that just be me then?)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Thanks again Gheez! I really like the Shooper and the Foot Fetich ones!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »
I love the short "commentaries" you provide for most of your patterns! Each one makes me smile (a big feat of late).
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything