Author Topic: The Path of a Walker  (Read 17326 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Path of a Walker
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
                                          The Path of a Walker

Introduction:

I am a Walker, this is my Path that you will journey with me on. I am the last of my kind, I am the Eighth of the Eight Walkers. I do not know what my life holds, how can I without my Sisters, all I see is the Inevitable, for that is the Path that I weave for many, I weave a Path that all must follow, they have no choice, my Life can reflect their Paths, each one unique in it's own way, I was at the mercy of my Sisters, they would weave me in my role, what they did always affected me, yet I did not see, I neglected my instincts and then they were gone, I had not seen it coming, neither did they. It was not ours to see our futures, only I had no choice, I always saw mine, everyday when I lay under the stars, in the dark and the quiet of the forest, I saw my Path, I saw where it crossed and turned, the destinations unknown, the advice unheard, I was not looking, so I did not see. I did not see when I would become the last, until it was too late. I am a Walker and this is my Path. Life can through many twists and turns but what they don't know is that Death can throw more, I should know, I am the last of the Walkers, not only in blood but in Paths, I will be the last Walker you will see on your own Path, I will walk to Death, I need to bring my Sisters back, before I too reach the end of my Path, I need my Sisters and so do you, without the Walkers the people will fall into Chaos, I know Chaos and you do not want to meet him. See even Death has humour, it's just not very funny. My name is not important to you right now, I do not know it anyway, the First Walker does and she is gone, we are a collective spirit, I feel my sisters but step by step they grow fainter, just like my foothold on this side of the Path...
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Path of a Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
Okay so this is going to be a small story of a Group of Sisters I call 'The Walkers', more will be revealed about them as I tell the story. I am playing them in game and will occasionally add some Pictures in! I am actually quite pleased with how The Eighth, turned out! I hope you enjoyed my little complicated story. You may pick up hints and tips on the way about the 'Walkers'. They are all female and will be Young Adults all the time, even if I refer to ages at times. I couldn't really play much today as I had some final alterations to my Essay to hand in tomorrow so I knocked up my Intro for you all! Hope you enjoyed!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »
It is different, but really good.  I think the more we all write, the better the stories are getting.  There are so many stories now, it takes forever to read them, which is a good thing.  I think I need to quit these stories cold turkey and get back to playing my sims.

I can't wait to read where your story is going and your doing such a good job writing, as usual. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:23:13 PM »
Thanks Salty! I hope to do this during the week when I don't really have much time to spare for something like the Characters or the Jades and Hannah. I was going for something different, the mood will lighten later on in the story though so it won't all be gloomy, it just is at the moment due to the Eighth.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:13 PM »
The Start

I am a Walker, I am the Eighth, now is my time to Walk, my time to Walk till the end and the start, the start of a new path, one that I will forge out of my own footsteps in the world. I will secure the Walkers back into the World and I must do it with or without help. All I remember is of my dreams, they are so vivid in my mind yet I can not put them to words, I see a void, a Void that I am in. There is light but it does not reflect, there is the sounds of flapping and lapping. I feel a soft surface below my body, I try to open my eyes and see the reality. It dawns upon me then and there, my eyes are open, this is no Dream.

I have the use of my body once again, my heart pulls at something out of reach, I was sent here, I was sent with the last ounce of power the First has left, for She is the Beginning, all things must have a Beginning. When you walk, you walk Forwards, I, I am walking backwards. I am the Eighth, I am the End, I am the Start. I pull myself slowly up on the soft grass below me.

Looking around I see, I see nothing. I see the Blackness. I am in the Void of my Dreams, My Hopes, My Fears and my Desires.

As if by my thought of the Void was heard a beacon of light shot through the Void, I needed no instructions to know, this was the Start and this was my Path.

Heading for the Warmth, I was leaving the Void.

Choccolatee

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:56:15 AM »
Awwh man, a cliffhanger.  :(

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 11:59:16 AM »
What am I supposed to do?

I remember washing up on the edge of the Void, lying there is the darkness, those ghostly white stairs at the centre of my vision, when my feet had touched the first step I knew i was going the right way, at first when the strings of golden light surrounded me I was a bit frightened, although I was a Walker I had never walked in the other World before, my Sisters has done so many times but they were gone now and it was up to me. The golden light grew too bright and I closed my eyes from the shine, but I kept climbing until the light began to fade, I was out. I was on the surface.

I recognised the standing stone pattern I had appeared in, the signs of the Walkers littered the stones, there was a copy of these back in my home land... I can't remember. I can't remember my own home, the memories are fading, I was worried now that the home of the Walkers was changing and was close to collapse, I must have just made it across the divide.

This land was so peaceful, green and inviting, there was signs of living creatures by their building of the paths, how ironic that they forget something so linked to what they walk on.

There were houses appearing around me now, I almost cried when I saw that they had forgetten what was all around them, the signs on me and my Sisters were everywhere and yet we were growing weaker from them not remembering.

I was thinking at how uncomfortable this path was, not my destiny path but the path beneath my feet, all the people I had seen here were wearing things on their feet, I presume to protect them from the rough ground.

I had yet to realise why I was here, nothing was obvious and nothing would be I suppose, there was only one way to find out more and that was to ask someone what they knew and for some information on where I was.

I saw a man, looked Middle Aged and was standing outside a house which I presume he had spent his life earning, I began asking him many questions and talking to him.

His eyes told me everything I needed to know.

This man could not hear or see me, I was like a ghost, I was shocked, how was I supposed to help my sisters if I was not able to communicate with the people here?

I had no time to think as I felt the coldness sweep through my being and take hold, the darkness covering my vision, I was being taken again.

I woke again and I knew where I was.

I was back where I started...

What was I supposed to do?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
How do you guys come up with these stories.  It is so addicting and intriguing, that I wish it would keep going.  I am lucky to just think up what I write for my stories, lol.  You have outdone yourself and it makes you wonder what is going to happen next.  Just don't go to long between updates, ok, lol. :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »
I won't!  ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
I love your writing style, Samoht! How do you manage to make usual gameplay into something so magnificent? :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »
While I have absolutely no idea what is going on, I'm already intrigued by this story.  A literary device that I find absolutely fascinating is to completely withhold all background information in a story about a character who doesn't remember anything or is in some other way confused.  As the reader becomes as confused as the character in the story, it generates a great deal of empathy as that character tries to piece together what is going on.

The movie "Dark City" is one of the most perfect examples of this that I can think of right now.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »
This is fantastic samoht! Bookmarked!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 10:52:10 PM »
Thomas, that was awesome!!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 05:48:05 AM »
Thanks Everyone!  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 06:18:30 AM »
Selina

Yet again I find myself climbing the stairs, I have almost got used to the feel of them now.

I find myself in the stone circle again, I wonder what this day will bring me.

I remember the story my Sisters used to tell me of how one of our followers gave birth to a baby girl and begged us to save this girl who was dying. I think it was Second who brought her to the water in the Void. The Void is the in between of the Walkers World and the Mortals world, both can exist there but only Walkers can exist in all of the worlds. I used to think they were telling me a story, until today that was. Until I saw the Girl, the girl with the strange eyes, just like in the story.

I sat on the bench watching her, to my suprise she came and sat next to me on the bench.

"So who are you and why are you watching me?" came out of the silence, I looked around to see who had said it and who it was directed to.

She was talking to me, she could see me unlike all the others I had met.

I was quick to tell her I wasn't weird and wasn't being rude or anything. She smirked at that but she believed me, we began to talk and I asked her about the town and what life was like, she thought I meant what life was like here but I just meant what it was like, it made me chuckle. By the time it was dark we were friends, quite close. She had noticed people were looking at her like she was talking to herself but I guess she didn't realise only she could see me. I asked her about her family and all I got in reply was that she never knew her Father and that her Mother was a Doctor and was probably over at the pool. Her Mother had always loved water and said it could heal all ills, I asked her about why she wore her hair like that, none of the other Girls I had seen wore it like that, her answer was simple really but it helped. She said that her Mother had worn her hair like that since Selina almost died and then miraculously got better.

That was all I needed to make up my mind on who this Girl was, she was the Girl my Sisters saved, I must call her Selina and not Girl, that would explain the bright eyes. Then the coldness gripped me and this time it was dread, horror and fear in my heart. I had forgetten the story, my Sisters had said that to save this Selina's life another would be taken in return, that life would be taken by water. Selina had said her Mother would be at the pool... I told her to take me to the pool, we had to run and she asked why and all I said was that I felt like something terrible is happening. We got there and this was what we were greeted by...

I was too late to stop it, Selina's Mother was gone.

I saw the Spirits rise and the Reaper come to collect, the people oblivious to what was happening.

Selina's mother saw me and she stared into my soul, she had entrusted the care of her daughter onto the Walkers now, but why? What did the Second say would happen?

I brought Selina to the Voids edge, I prepared for her to wake.

When she did she seemed to remember this place, "Mother was right, this place was real, those stories were true and you are a Walker.", She paused, "I thought there were Eight Walkers?", I replied slowly as I came to the truth of what was happening. "There were, I am Eighth, I am the Eighth Walker. I need your help Selina."

But how will a Teenage girl help me?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 06:49:03 AM »
Extremely intriguing. Awesome update  ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Awesome update!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 01:01:18 PM »
How to make them see me?

Selina had gone to sleep again after we talked, I feel sad when I see her lying there, I guess I can sense her emotions. I was thinking about how easy it would be to give up, to go back into the waters. I even ended standing in the water before I realised and I set it in my heart that I would never give up, not until my last breath had left my body, I also couldn't leave Selina.

And so I stepped back into the Void.

I found an old metal shaped container in a cluster of trees, I guess Selina had followed me as her voice surprised me. This thing was called a fire pit, She somehow knew how to light it and even found these things called Marshmellows? They were a bit sickly but I can see why she likes them.

Selina then dragged me through the trees to the edge of a cliff, I was a bit confused as to why I was there but she said to see the Day begin, her Mother used to come here.

Selina was distracted and when I turned I saw a large house, it looked cold and empty, not only that but it felt that. My train of thought was interrupted by the fact that Selina said she had to go to School. No idea what that is but she apologized and said she has to go to get good grades which she needs for her dream career. I watched her go and then made my way to that house. I saw why the house was so cold.

There was somebody in the house and so I rang the door bell and waited for the owner to come out, I assumed this was a Partner or relative of the person buried outside.

I was a bit startled by what came out, she looked young, but she dressed like an old woman, she must have loved the man deeply, I saw her glance over to the grave briefly before looking around for me.

I forgot, I forgot that she would not be able to see me, only Selina can. She must have thought it was some prank on her. She didn't seem surprised about it, almost used to no one being there. I need to help this woman, I must help her, but how can I get through to her, she can't even hear me or see me, unless... why didn't I think of that sooner! My sisters really are clever, they knew I would have trouble communicating so they made a solution will the people listen though, why should they listen, listen to a Sixteen year old girl.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
Love the update. Screenshot of Agnes is my favorite :)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 05:38:40 PM »
Awesome update! Poor Agnes lol. Always used and pranked haha.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 12:34:39 AM »
Wow, this is such an amazing story. :o
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 02:51:56 AM »
Thanks! Sorry for the lack of updates I have been spending my time trying to get building projects in my other games done to play on the weekend, my plan didn't work and I am still furnishing one and building the other!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 04:02:24 AM »
Beautiful new story Thomas!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
Invisible No More

I have lost count of how long we have been in the Void, I have been thinking everything through and what I may face. Selina slept for most of that time and then when she eventually woke up she said it was her Birthday and that she was growing up into a Young Adult. I don't remember when I became a Young Adult, I suspect I just grew up so quickly and the Waters of the Void have wiped most of my memory, I wish I could remember my past but I am at the beginning of my Path so that means I have just begun in existence, sometimes I think no one understands the Paths we walk apart from fate herself. I watched as the sparkles surround Selina and she transitioned into a beautiful young woman, her Mother was crying with tears of joy.

We left the Void after that and Selina went and bought some new clothes and had her hair done. Such Simish things really, I still don't understand her desire for shoes, she says all women love shoes. I don't, they stop you from feeling the grass beneath your feet, the freedom to dance on sand and to feel the pull of the Walkers.

Selina told me that she wanted to stay in her World now and I decided to stay for a while as well, we went to her Mothers house and stayed there for a few months. Then one morning Selina was ignoring me, she ignored me when I talked to her.

She was reading and she glanced up at a noise, she look right through me. Selina couldn't see me anymore.

I followed her after that, I finally knew where she had been going everyday for the last few weeks, there was a guy.

She looked so happy and then the most adorable thing happened, I witnessed how Sims show their love!

If I felt butterflies I am sure Selina did. I was out of hearing range but they seemed to be talking about something quite serious, which must have ended well.

I wanted to get a better look at this Guy who made Selina so happy, I just wished Selina knew I was here to congratulate her and say that her Mother had been visiting and that her Mother was so proud. I wished she could see me and hear me, I wished everyone could.

I was just standing there, thinking back to how Selina would help me get my message across when she could hear and see me when I was interrupted... "Hello? What do you want?" I looked around to see who had said it and eventually saw that Selina's man had said it, he was facing me. Selina was just stunned into silence that she could see me and so could her man. Selina had made me realise that to make people see me I just had to want it, my Sisters knew that Selina would help me break that barrier of contact between me and the Sims.

So I just ran and ran, people laughed and people stared and I saw them all looking at me, me and my barefeet, I was laughing the whole way and I am sure I made some others laugh.

I ended up in the Park and I saw the woman again, the sad one from a few weeks back. I ran up to her and introduced my self, I then just pulled her into a hug and told her that I was her friend. She seemed creeped out at first but then returned the hug, glad to finally have someone to call a friend.

So now my Path has led me to this Woman and I am going to help her, but help her with what exactly?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
Yayz~! ;D
Who's the guy Selina's with? Did you make him?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 01:37:35 AM »
He is a townie and an original one at that. ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »
Looks kinda like Leighton. Yay Agnes is going to get help! Uh what does she need help with this time?  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 10:49:02 AM »
Esther I would have thought you would recognise him! Just because he may be older than he should be for a relatively new game!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 05:50:50 PM »
Esther I would have thought you would recognise him! Just because he may be older than he should be for a relatively new game!
Mortimer?? The Leighton hair threw me lol. Is that really Morty??

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 02:22:46 AM »
Yep, it's actually a Store Hair called Whin-E E-Mo or something like that.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 02:56:11 AM »
Wow. My apologies my darling Mortimer!  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 01:33:44 PM »
I recognized Morty by his nose. Good choice, but was he under your control the moment they kissed?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 01:55:50 PM »
Yep he was.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 04:21:21 AM »
Thoughts of a Walker

Selina and Mortimer are so happy, even in the cheap beach house they bought. I have been noticing that Selina only wears shoes in public now, in private she is in barefoot. Mortimer, now he is boring, he paints some days then does nothing on other days, if it wasn't for me shielding them from the eyes of the council they would have been evicted a long time ago for not paying rent, as far as the council are concerned this little house on the Beach isn't here but no one goes up this end of the beach, just us. Now that everyone can see me, when I want them to. I am starting to wonder what I am to do, do I help Agnes, help her how? Or do I try and work out how to bring my sisters back. I have no clue but I suspect that something has to happen maybe and that they will come through one at a time. Since they are... since they are dead now. I know they are but that doesn't mean I can't bring them back, it's my Path afterall. I need to bring back First. First is the Walker of Life, of new paths. Then it will be easier to bring the others through. By the time that happens I will have reached the end of my Path. I will not die though. It's impossible for me to die, that is why I am the last. How can you kill something that is already dead...

I am the Last, But I am the First. I will save my Sisters.

Note :- It's short because my game crashed and loads of stuff never happened. I am revealing more and more about the Walkers from now on. You may have ideas on how Eight will save her sisters, it would be interesting to hear them and see if anyone is right. You can also take guesses as to what each of the walkers do. I just told you that First is the Walker of Life, of New Paths. Eight is now pretty easy to guess who she is.  :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 04:58:30 AM »
Oooooo a mystery! :D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 12:50:14 PM »
Awesome! Uh walker of Life would have to do with life fruit and probably Ambrosia. Eight I'm not sure but since she said she won't die, either aging is of or she has access to life fruit and/or Ambrosia!  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 04:57:31 AM »
I see you've managed to make some awesome screenies with Picnik. :) Great job, Tom! Love the frames.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 04:37:47 PM »
A Ripple

It is so strange to not know what to do even when you are a Walker. Without my Sisters I am nothing. If Second was here then I would know, but she isn't. She can't be. I know which of my Sisters must come first. First must come First. She is the Walker of Life, New Paths. I just don't know how she will be brough back. The Void is empty, it used to be full. Not a Void but a whole World, until the Darkness closed in. I have spent the last few weeks in and out of the Void. Selina and Morty are just yuck. Kissing and smooching all the time. I tell you that Man needs a Job. His parents were not exactly pleased he married below him. That doesn't stop him loving Selina though. I guess that is why they are doing this ceremony today. The moment when two humans join on the same Path. Marriage.

It was quite beautiful actually. It was quiet. Private. It was so touching. I was their only Guest and I loved it. They looked so happy, I'm glad that their Path will be full of love, from what I have seen not all of these ceremonies do end up as a fairytale. I wondered why they didn't wear fancy dresses or clothes. Selina didn't even wear anything White. The Goth boy didn't even wear the Tux we bought for him! They did seem to be in a bit of a rush. I was the witness to the exchange of rings.

I was just stood there, the newly weds were kissing and I was enjoying the sand beneath my toes, the wind in my hair and the sun on my face. Then Selina dropped a Bomb shell. It explains the rush to get married. Selina was pregnant.

Everyone was so exited, they all said the Baby was going to be a looker with the Parents being how they are. They all hoped that with Selina's help there would finally be a Goth child brought up well. It was the talk of the town for nine whole months. I listened to every word of it, trying to understand the peoples feelings. Some were ecstatic, some couldn't care less. One woman hated people for talking about it, I don't remember her name. She left, got a Job in Strangetown, never came back.

I was with Selina when it happened, she almost collapsed. It was horrible hearing her scream. Then everything went silent, Selina looked at me, she had felt it. I had felt it. There was a ripple. A ripple of Life in the Void. The waters of the Void were exploding...

Then it makes me wonder. Twenty years ago, a Woman came to my Sisters, her baby daughter, Dead. She begged First to save her to give her life. First agreed under some conditions. The Baby would be taught about the Walkers and that a life must be taken to sustain a balance. There was one other condition. Only First and the Woman knew that. For the first time ever I wondered what it was. I knew this Girl had Walker power in her Blood, keeping her Alive, there was a ripple in the Void. Something so powerful it sliced through the barrier, it was gaining strength and a hold on this side of the Void. This Baby was somehow linked to the Walkers. I couldn't understand it, how would this Baby affect the Void? Then it hit me. First. First is the Walker of Life, of new Paths. A new Life. It suddenly all made sense....

The Baby will not be First by the way. Also does anyone want to guess at who Eighth is? Which Walker is she?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »
Is the woman that left Bella Goth? ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2011, 05:07:30 PM »
Maybe!  ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »
Congrats Morty and Selina! Uh Eight is eighth! Haha I crack myself up sometimes!  ;D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »
Is Selina first?!?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2011, 05:04:44 AM »
Congrats Morty and Selina! Uh Eight is eighth! Haha I crack myself up sometimes!  ;D

Lol, your right in a way.  ;) First is the Walker of Life, New Paths. So what does Eighth do?

Is Selina first?!?

No.

EDIT: Over 1000 Views!  :)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »
Congrats! Well if First is walker of Life, is Eighth the walker of Death?  :o

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
Perhaps Eight is the Walker of Rebirth, if you consider the belief that death is just the beginning of life elsewhere. (cool if this is a real belief, I just kind of made it up 5 seconds ago  8))

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 07:31:29 PM »
I have not purposely gone and taken anything from any Beliefs or Faiths that exist in real life. And No, Eighth is not the Walker of Rebirth.

New Clue - Eighth is not A Walker of Something, she is the Walkers _____ but what? I will also give another hint, Each Walkers appearance is to do with what and who they are. First has a greenish tint but with White as well. Eighth is Black and White...

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »
Audren, I think that is a real belief! Death!! If not, I have no idea!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 07:35:44 PM »
That's the closest anyone has been Esther! Death is the Black. Okay Eighth is the Walkers _____ between something and something else.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »
The only thing I can think of is an Angel? Angels are white! I think lol I've never actually seen one. That's awesome I got one right!!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »
She's the Walker's path? To what from what, I have no idea.  ???

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 07:41:14 PM »
I'm so confused now!  ???

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »
Lol Sorry if you all got confused! Okay, Eighth is the Walkers Bridge between Life and Death. She is the Gatekeeper if you like. She is already Dead but is still alive at the same time. The White represents Life and the Black is for Death. She can bring people from one side to the other.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »
So, like if Joe Bob dies, she would bring him to Death? And she could bring Joe Bob back to Life?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »
She controls who goes over or comes over, so yes. Eighth can't give a person Life though, that's why she needs First to get the others. Eighth can open the Gateway but once the others arrive they need Life, which only First can give. First didn't die though, which will be explained in the next chapter.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2011, 08:51:16 PM »
Got it (I think  8)) and I'll just be quiet and wait for the next update.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
Please, Don't Die...

Selina was at home when she went into labour, Mortimer and I were coming home from the Supermarket and Bookstore. We heard the Screams as we reached the House, Mortimer went running in. He joined in the screaming. I would have thought the Books she got him to read would have helped him help her.

I didn't see what the fuss was about, it looked like it hurt, all I could feel was that a new life was being started.

It went on for hours, Selina didn't want to go to the Hospital. I don't blame her, I didn't like it when she went for her check-ups. It got me thinking though, Selina was giving new life to a baby. That shouldn't happen. First needs to be alive for a new Life to begin. Come to think of it, only Selina has been pregnant in all the time I have been here. Only her. It was on that box thing that has people on who talk and do stupid things. They said that there has been no pregnancies in the whole world but one, Selina. Why was she so special... Then my thoughts were cut, Selina was glowing, the Baby was coming now.

She not only had one Baby but two! It was twins! They were both Girls. Selina and Morty both decided on the name of Angel for their Daughter, when they were only expecting one. They had no name for the second daughter. Then Selina noticed something, something that made the World stop spinning.

The second Daughter was not moving or Breathing. She wasn't dead. Not yet. I didn't want to tell Selina and Morty... I would be the one to take their Daughter across, into Death.

We all just sat there, hoping, hoping the girl would breathe. There was only Silence. Not just in that room. It was Silent in the Void. Just as I realised the Waters had calmed. The Door opened...

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »
Oooo I just finished reading this whole story and I love it! Poor baby...
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2011, 04:23:16 PM »
Thanks Simlish!  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2011, 05:04:29 PM »
First

Everyone went silent. Nobody looked, nobody turned. Nothing mattered more than the little baby girl in that crib, lying their, Still. I was holding Angel, she was asleep. I was holding her because Selina and Morty just couldn't handle that one of their daughters was dying, there was nothing they could do. By the time they would reach a Hospital it would be too late. I saw tears on their eyes. I turned my head slowly, the first thing I noticed was the feet. The rest of the person not in the light, still in the Shadows. I knew who it was though. For there is only one person who it could be.

It was First.

Why was she here though. She wouldn't have been able to find me. She can't sense the Dead. Only the Living. I watched as she went over to the baby. She picked it up, she was so gentle with it. She held it in front of her face and Breathed. Selina and Morty gasped, I guess that First was still hidden. So their Daughter must have been floating. First's breathe was full of magic. Walker Magic. I could sense it, the magic that only First could wield. Life Magic. The little Girl, she opened her eyes and we all heard the little gasp.

Selina looked at me, tears were falling from her eyes. Tears of joy. She looked for an explanation. I just smiled back and mouthed the word... 'First'. Her eyes widened. She remembered what I told her about her Mothers pact. First left after putting the baby down. She went outside and I followed. I looked back before I went out. I heard Selina whispering the names of her Daughters. Angel and Faerie.

Now was not the time for explanations. Now was the time for hugging your Sister.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2011, 05:41:59 PM »
Yay for both nooboos living!  ;D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 06:37:07 PM »
Good thing First came or it would be bye bye Faerie!  :)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 06:54:37 PM »
Yaay! The nooboo survived, and First is here~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2011, 06:27:37 PM »
Awesome update! Wow that was scary! Good thing First came when she did!  ;D

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2011, 08:17:41 PM »
I just caught up - I'm blown away by both your story and your screenshots.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2011, 06:42:40 AM »
Wicked story, can't wait to read more ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 06:43:50 AM »
Thanks. This Story and Hannah Longing have been neglected lately, my only Simming Time I am spending on my Dynasty or Legacy.  :-\ I will try to get some updates soon.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »
I am struggling to make time for Hannah Longing and the Path of the Walkers. What with the Legacy and Dynasty, Legacy so close to finishing and Dynasty just plain addicting. I don't want to stop either of these Stories and am trying to work out a solution to get updates.  :-\

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »
Your doing a good job keeping up.  I know the feeling though.  Great update and the suspense is great.  Awesome screenies. :)

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2011, 07:38:32 AM »
We don't mind which you update or finish first. Do the one's you like first, the one's you feel obliged but don't really want to do second. I love all your story's and I'm sure everyone else does to so we don't mind which one's you do.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2011, 07:56:14 AM »
Aww Thanks Chopsticks! I actually really dislike doign a Story with no goals, with Generations I can revive this Story possibly but into an Unofficial Dynasty with Cheats.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
Important News: I will be turning this Story into a Dynasty. Eighth will Found it but it will be with several twists and with cheats etc. I will make up a Story to put it into the Dynasty soon!  :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
Important News: I will be turning this Story into a Dynasty. Eighth will Found it but it will be with several twists and with cheats etc. I will make up a Story to put it into the Dynasty soon!  :)
Cool. Another dynasty to read! :D

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »
Yay, another dynasty!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »
That sound awesome! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »
Amazing idea, Thomas! Looking forward to reading the new updates. Must be quite interesting, now that it's a Dynasty. :)

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
Cool, but isn't first a YA already? I wonder how that will be incorporated.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2011, 05:06:08 PM »
Yeah, that was kind of a problem, although I think my excuse will fit the story and theme of things.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
I've started the Dynasty using Eighth Walker. It can be found here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »
I've started the Dynasty using Eighth Walker. It can be found here.

Cool! I know I'm probably again having a dumb moment... but will you be continuing with the Misc. Stories board story (not the Dynasty) or is the Dynasty its logical continuation?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »
Cool! I know I'm probably again having a dumb moment... but will you be continuing with the Misc. Stories board story (not the Dynasty) or is the Dynasty its logical continuation?

Nope, this story is completed really, in the new story the characters are either dead or coming back to life.

bshag

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2011, 02:29:48 PM »
I love your story Tom...tell me again, just how old are you?? :D  You sir are an old, wise soul in a very young body. ;)

Your pictures are amazing, I never looked close enough but sims do have toenails. :D

Waiting for the next update...take your time, I'll still be here...ya got me hooked. ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2011, 05:25:10 PM »
I love your story Tom...tell me again, just how old are you??  You sir are an old, wise soul in a very young body.

I'm 14, 15 in about 20 Days though! I've been told that before.  :D

Waiting for the next update...take your time, I'll still be here...ya got me hooked. ;D

Well... I've finished this part of the story... It continues as a Dynasty. (The reason being I prefer playing with an end goal not just for story reasons, for some reason I lose interest when I do that...) So sorry about that but if you want I'm only two chapters into the Dynasty.  :-\ The Walker Dynasty - That's the link to it if you are interested.

bshag

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
Oh okay, I'll just switch over to the Walker Dynasty..no problem. ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »

I don't see is as your fault, Bshag, seeing as a certain somebody should change the link in their signature... ;)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »

Sorry Bshag! I'm glad your going to read this new one as well though!  :D

I don't see is as your fault, Bshag, seeing as a certain somebody should change the link in their signature... ;)

I knew there was something I was supposed to do, woops... Sorry guys.  :-[

anything