Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 117878 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »
Chapter 6:  The First Day

Pippa and Sebastian awake to the sound of knocking at the door.  The arrival of visitors allows the twins to put off the dreaded housework a little longer.

Pippa prepares a meal for everyone while Sebastian gets to know the visitors.

Pippa's first venture into cooking leaves something to be desired.  The waffles are burned and taste horrifying.  Look at the expression on Christopher's face - he can barely force himself to eat them.  Mr. Highly Desirable Dynasty Mate has come to expect better meals than this.

While Pippa washes the dishes, Sebastian goes out to apply for a job.  Meanwhile, Christopher Steel stands out in the yard and wonders how anyone could bear to live in such a dilapidated shack.

Those of you who have had Christopher in your dynasties know what a sensitive soul he is.  So perhaps you won't be surprised at what he does right after thinking about the house:

That's right, Christopher is moved to tears at the thought of his new acquaintances living in this dump.  It's all too much for him.  He and Pauline make their excuses and escape.

The shack contains no fun items other than the cheap radio, so Pippa goes to the library to read.  Soon Sebastian joins her.

Pippa:  Did you find a job?
Sebastian:  Cleaning tables at the diner.
Pippa:  I thought you were going to apply at the business office.
Sebastian:  I intended to.
Pippa:  Well?
Sebastian:  I got thinking about all our old friends that work there - Nancy, Gunther, Nick - and I just couldn't face them.  It's bad enough that people have to see us going around in rags, and no doubt they all know about the dump we're living in.  But to have to go to work every day and see the pity and contempt in their eyes - I just couldn't. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »
It's nice to see Mr. Desirable and Pauline made it past the brambles to visit. Good luck to Sebastian on his new job.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 10:59:59 PM »
Oh no! Chris shouldn't be forced to eat that garbage! Chris needs to be handled with care, he's extremely fragile.  ;D I love Chris LOL. Anyways, good luck with the new job. Aw Gunther and them wouldn't make fun of you! They are so lovable haha.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 05:18:30 AM »

Mr. Highly Desirable Dynasty Mate has come to expect better meals than this.
That was the best line ever!
Lol! ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »
That was the best line ever!
Lol! ;D

Thanks, Ruby!  That was my first thought when I saw Christopher's face as he saw what he was being given to eat - this guy is in such demand in dynasties, he no doubt came over expecting better treatment!  I don't think he or Pauline will be in a hurry to pay a return visit.

Thanks for the comments, Ruby, Esther and Lily.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2011, 10:15:53 AM »
Lol, look! Chris is crying! Poor guy. :) I'll have to admit that Chris is my favorite male pre-made character, and all-time favorite, after Agnes and Cornelia. Good luck with Seb's new job! Love the way you write... ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 11:02:22 AM »
Chapter 7:  Week 1, Monday and Tuesday

So Sebastian starts work at the Diner.  The hours are long and the pay is low.  His boss, Jared Frio, is mean.  And they expect him to spend what little free time he has learning to cook.  But at least he's working in a job where nobody knows him from before.  He figures they're probably talking about him behind his back, though, as the news about him and Pippa is all over town by now. 

Sebastian takes over the household's cooking.  Partly this is because he hopes to get a promotion at work, and partly it's because he can't face any more of Pippa's burnt food.

Nobody could create great meals on that stove, but at least Sebastian's efforts are edible.

While Sebastian learns to cook and puts in long wearying hours at the Diner, Pippa works at cleaning up the yard.

She finds an old guitar lying in the brambles and strums a few notes.

Pippa feels proud of herself for clearing away the brambles.  Unfortunately the brambles were hiding another problem:  cockroaches.

She finds a piece of linoleum someone discarded and gets a good deal on a can of discontinued paint, and she fixes up the second bedroom.

She phones Child Welfare Services to enquire about adoption.  The person who answers the phone says how wonderful that Pippa wants to adopt, and what age would she like.  Crafty Pippa says Teenager, figuring they might as well have someone who can help out around the house and earn money.  Unfortunately there are no teenagers to adopt, so she allows herself to be talked into taking a toddler.  She is taken aback when the social worker asks what she wants to name the child - shouldn't a toddler already have a name?  Unable to think of any other name, she calls the child Debbie after her own mother.  The social worker arrives with a basket.  She puts down the basket and bolts out the door as if all the demons from hell are after her.  Why is she in such a great hurry to get out of there?  Could it be that she feels guilty for abandoning a helpless child to her fate with Pippa and Sebastian?

Pippa circles the basket cautiously.  Finally she gets up the courage to look at her new daughter.

Meet Debbie.  She is Friendly and Loves the Outdoors, which means she has a far better personality than her new mother and uncle.  How will poor little Debbie fare in this household with the dysfunctional duo?  Time will tell.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »
Clever way to make it look like Pippa was clearing the brambles, Schip!

I can't believe Pippa was approved for an adoption given the state of their finances and living conditions. I guess maybe the adoption agency in SV doesn't do home visits or back-ground checks?

Regardless, welcome little Debbie!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
Welcome Debbie.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2011, 12:18:28 PM »
Welcome Debbie! Where'd you find that green dinosaur?!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »
Welcome Debbie! Where'd you find that green dinosaur?!

I think it was in Miscellaneous Decor - that's where most of the objects in the house can be found.  I can't remember if it came with an expansion pack or if I got it from the Store. 

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
I think it was in Miscellaneous Decor - that's where most of the objects in the house can be found.  I can't remember if it came with an expansion pack or if I got it from the Store. 

I think it's either from store or Outdoor Living, could you check, please? Of course, when you play the game, not now. :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2011, 12:36:06 PM »
I think it's either from store or Outdoor Living, could you check, please? Of course, when you play the game, not now. :)

Can't be from Outdoor Living, as I don't have it.  Probably the store.  I'll check next time I play the game. 

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
Can't be from Outdoor Living, as I don't have it.  Probably the store.  I'll check next time I play the game. 

Oh, then it's not it. Thank you. :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »
The green dinosaur is a store item.  It's called Koonzilla and I think I must have got it as part of a set, but if you want to get just the dinosaur you'll find it in Miscellaneous Decor.  I remember using it in the Otokrak Dynasty too, where it looked quite nice recoloured.