Author Topic: Sims 3 crashes just after pressing play in launcher  (Read 3959 times)

Offline maciekmi94

• Nooboo
Sims 3 crashes just after pressing play in launcher
« on: August 07, 2014, 12:32:14 PM »
Alright, so recently I've installed Sims 3 on my computer (I reach all the requirements of the game). Firstly, it worked well. But after some time, just after pressing PLAY button in launcher, the screen turns black and for a while it shows 'Sims cursos' as if it was loading but in fact it freezes. After clicking my mouse several times, it shows that Sims 3 stopped working. If I don't click anything, it can remain frozen for even an hour or longer.
Btw, it is not the matter of windows defenders.
Please, help!

Naria

Re: Sims 3 crashes just after pressing play in launcher
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
You can try bypassing the launcher to see if it works that way.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

Load from there and see what happens. Beyond that, I hope someone else can help you.  :)

Also try cleaning it up via the info in this thread: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,463.0.html

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline maciekmi94

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 02:02:07 PM »
Nothing worked. :(

Anyone else?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »
Have you recently installed any new mods or custom content? If so, you might want to try uninstalling these and see if that fixes the problem. Other than that, you may have to try doing a complete reinstall or doing a factory reset. (Facory Reset: Fix Your Game Within 1/4 of the time of a Reinstall)
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 05:29:57 AM »
I'd echo what Bubbles suggested and try a factory reset. Just make sure you back up your old folder first.