Author Topic: Create a batch file to delete game cache files  (Read 69577 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Deleting cache files
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2013, 03:33:50 AM »
I don't seem to have any .tmp files in my DCCache folder, so I can't test this.

Can someone please tell me (so I can correct this if I need to), are the temp files named like this? File.tmp File2.tmp, etc? I would assume they are.

Code: [Select]
@echo off
del "C:\Documents and Settings\My Computer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
del "C:\Documents and Settings\My Computer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
del "C:\Documents and Settings\My Computer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
del "C:\Documents and Settings\My Computer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"
del "C:\Documents and Settings\My Computer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup\0*.package"
del "C:\Documents and Settings\My Computer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache\*.tmp"
start /d "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin" Sims3Launcher.exe

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2013, 07:21:32 AM »
Yes, the temp files have a .tmp extension so what you have there should work fine to delete them.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2014, 08:15:43 PM »
Thank you Seabody and grimsoul. I'm gonna update mine now and try it out. I'll let you know how it works.

Offline lahaygood

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 07:15:04 PM »
I have a couple questions about the cleansims.bat file and deleting the cache files.
first, when i double click, it briefly clicks open to a black background window then it disappears.  does this mean the cache files are now deleted?

second:  can I just do a search for the cache file names listed and delete them manually?
thanks!
LA
Have a Sims kinda day! 
hugs & smiles,
Annie

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »
I have a couple questions about the cleansims.bat file and deleting the cache files.
first, when i double click, it briefly clicks open to a black background window then it disappears.  does this mean the cache files are now deleted?

second:  can I just do a search for the cache file names listed and delete them manually?
thanks!
LA

The window that pops up is the batch file running. So, yes the cache files should now be deleted.

And yes you can search for the files and manually delete them if you wish.  I did it that way for awhile. I just made the batch file to automate the process instead of having to do it myself every time I wanted to delete the files.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline lahaygood

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »
thank you bunches!  when i do the search after running the bat file, the cache file shows up.  should i just delete it completely?
thanks again!
LA
Have a Sims kinda day! 
hugs & smiles,
Annie