Author Topic: House - Blushing Elegance 2br, 1ba  (Read 8556 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
House - Blushing Elegance 2br, 1ba
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:49:45 AM »
House: Blushing Elegance

Lot: 20x30
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 1
Furnished Cost: $115,972
Unfurnished Cost: $65,226
Items: mostly LN, some WA and Amb, shower from HELS, no store items

Description: This not-quite starter home catches every passer-by's eye with the pale pink brick work highlighting the front door. The sunken Foyer leads up into the Living Area, which features a fireplace and enough seating for all your guests. To the left, around the fireplace, is the Master Bedroom at the front of the house. This room is as inviting as it is warm, decorated in chocolate brown and lilac/purple with light wood furniture. The bathroom has a separate shower and tub, closed off toilet, and includes a washer and dryer. At the back of the house, past the fireplace, is the second bedroom done in blue and yellow with dark wood furniture. This is the perfect child's room and includes a piano. Past the living area is the modern eat-in kitchen with bold tile work off-set by black-and-white counters and appliances. The French doors lead out to a back deck that is a must-see to appreciate!

From the Curb:

The Floor Plan:

From the Top of the Foyer Stairs:

Master Bedroom:

Second Bedroom:

Kitchen and Dining:

Living Area facing towards the Foyer:

The Indescribable Multi-Tiered Back Patio:

This house qualifies as a starter only if your great-aunt Agnes left you a sizable inheritance. Musicians will enjoy the Bass and Keyboard included in the price of the house.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
Re: House - Blushing Elegance 2br, 1ba
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:29:17 AM »
Stunning house, lily. I love that it is so modern, yet with a beautiful, classic charm.
Also, how did you get the sunken foyer? It loks really good! ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:51:06 AM »
All I can say is WOW!!!  This is gorgeous!

Offline CarlaluvsSims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:21:40 AM »
Oh, do I have a couple that is going to enjoy this house! Yea! Thanks for sharing!   :D

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 06:28:23 AM »
A sunken foyer, hmm...

I'll have to try that sometime.  Did you use friezes or constrainfloorelevation false for that?

The living room is very inviting.  Those are some great patterns going on.  Love the chairs and the bass pattern I particularly enjoy, it's just so left field and innovative.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 07:39:13 AM »
Lily this is beautiful - The house and deco fit together just perfectly!

Just placed it in Bridgeport and moved a couple of single male sims I created, one teenager and one young adult-Potential teen boyfriend for my sim teen Mia.
The house looks great! Of course I had to cheat - free realestate for them to live there but Mia had to meet a teen with a nice house! :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 07:42:14 AM »
I just downloaded this one too.  It is gorgeous.  Eventually, I would like to redo a town with nothing  but homes and clubs the members have built and uploaded.  Who needs the sims 3 site, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
Eventually, I would like to redo a town with nothing  but homes and clubs the members have built and uploaded.  Who needs the sims 3 site, lol.

This.

My kind of house. Great use of the CAS on the patterns and textures. I love how there are so many colors but it all blends. Can't wait to download when I get home.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
Thank you to everone for your awesome comments! I'm very proud of myself for being able to build this house to match how I wanted it to look! I'm super glad that you guys like it. I don't get to play with LN much so I wanted to build a house using the LN stuff. The house has a couple things from the other EPs and the shower from HELS, but other than that it's all LN.

I used both placefriezes and constrainfloorelevation cheats for the foyer and the back deck, I really wanted to try out the placefriezes cheat and when I found this house plan online, I thought it would be the perfect chance. The house "foundation" is 1/2 a wall tall allowing for the 2-tiered deck, which wasn't planned for until the very end. The second level of the foyer was constrained down to equal height of the house (no room for windows above the door), then a frieze placed on top. The back deck took almost an hour to get the levels to work but I love how it turned out. Of course, it's not a LN house without a hot tub!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 03:34:10 PM »
Very elegantly done!  I have such trouble with those shades and love it when someone else uses them and I'm able to download their excellent work!  This one is a keeper and will fit right in with some of my town makeovers.  Like Saltypaws, my intention is town after town all made by our forum gang!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Choccolatee

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 02:11:41 AM »
Pwoaah. My mouth just fell open with this AMAAZING creation! Bravo!

FleurDeLune

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 10:31:52 PM »
This house is absolutely lovely!  I moved a new sim into it today and have been playing all afternoon.  Sim is happy and so am I :)  Thank you so much for sharing your creativity.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 01:21:03 AM »
Thank you! I personally love this one too. Usually there's a couple things that just aren't right but I can't put my finger on it. This one I just love. Period.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 02:02:05 AM »
I love it, too.  I'm going to move a couple of my yellow Dreamweavers into it in Bridgeport.  Modern designs are my absolute favorite.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 03:09:29 AM »
Oooh, do I spy some fiendishly clever use of the constrainfloorelevation false cheat? I'd love to know how you did the foyer. And the details - the patterns are beautiful, the layout is clever, and I love how you've taken the time to recolour things like towels and planters. Aside from the clever foundations and moveobjects on tricks, I especially love the way you've used the fireplace to divide up the living space and hallway. Very, very cool.  ;D