Author Topic: Strategy for completing gem collections  (Read 5838 times)

Offline nullifidian

• Nooboo
Strategy for completing gem collections
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:48:48 AM »
If you have World Adventures, University & Supernatural, completing gem collections is a snap!

Learn Martial Arts and practice on the board breaker. Once you can break space rocks, do so. Once you've completed all raw gem types for all of your expansion packs, turn to the Science skill. Once you can start scanning rocks, scan all of yours. Once you reach Level 9 of the Science skill, you can clone from these samples. If you use the gem cutter from Supernatural, the expensive gem cuts like heart-shaped cut don't cost a simoleon. Follow the transfiguration tips and instructions on Carl's Sims 3 page and you're good to go.

So that's,

1. gather gems using board breaker
2. scan and clone gems as many times as needed
3. cut gems using gem cutter

My Sim was able to complete a massive collection within 10 weeks of game time. Happy Simming!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Hacks for completing gem collections
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:09:38 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.

I'm not sure why you call this a hack.  It's really just a good strategy.  I'm going to change the subject line so that it has a more positive feeling.  And thank you for this.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline nullifidian

• Nooboo
Re: Strategy for completing gem collections
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 01:57:43 PM »
Thanks Pam!

Offline nullifidian

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »
One more thing, if you scan a raw gem, you will clone a raw gem. If you scan a cut gem, you will clone that gem in that cut (ie, scanning a heart-shaped pink diamond will let you clone a heart-shaped pink diamond, but you can't make any other shape.) You need raw, uncut gems for that.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »
I see. Being able to clone cuts is pretty amazing, though; get the heart-shaped pink diamonds for Simbots with ease!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shinigamigurl

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 09:29:23 PM »
Better yet just learn Science Skill and you'll find a 'Group Science Project' in your family inventory. Use that and you'll get a meteor shower of collectables on your lot...you can do this repeatedly. I completed ALL the gem collections in about 2 weeks of doing this.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »
I always get a good chunk of my gem collecting done for sims through the consignment shop. Just take your cash to the normal consignment shop and queue up a bunch of interactions. Each time buy everything, or as much of the list as you can afford. That forces the shop to rebuild a new, full list next time.

Skill books, guitars, stuffed animals and rubber ducks, you can sell out of your inventory for immediate profit. Most other things you can just consign right back to the shop for profit at 5 p.m. A few things like music boxes, cameras, gnomes, and incense holders usually suffer a loss when you sell out of the inventory and you can't consign them. Overall, my sims can make money this way, plus I keep the gems and metals that pop up along the way each buy cycle.

Usually a new sim can have both the gem and metal collector rewards met from my first or second day of trading like this. That nets me the heart-shaped cut if I want to maximize the cash from the cut gems. Also gives me more ingots from sending them off to be smelted.

What gems and metals pop up in the seller's list is pretty random each time through. But the law of averages usually plays out over time and you can get a LOT of the rarer gems and metals pretty easily this way.

Then the science skill like the OP said is a great way to analyze/clone until you get all you want or need.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything