Poll

There are a lot of odd and unique ways to make money in the Sims 3. What way has worked well for your Sims?

Hacking - Nightly forays into the internet underworld plundering other Sims' cash
58 (26.1%)
Kleptomania - "Nice lamp, I think I'll take it!"
90 (40.5%)
Gold Digger - Get enough to live on, cuz once you snag a sucker you're set for life.
32 (14.4%)
Mooching - "Can I have 200 Simoleons, Sim I just met?"
7 (3.2%)
Solving the Unsolvable - Surviving on mental power alone
10 (4.5%)
Finding Stars - Mapping the Galaxy for Fun and Profit
25 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Author Topic: Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3  (Read 65935 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2009, 10:47:19 PM »
Yeah I need these expansions to really begin to care about making crazy money, so I'm a bit numb to it. I'm not big into making huge houses so I need lots more stuff to buy! I just don't want to decorate a house with copies of all the standard stuff. I mean how many of the same painting, same couch, same TV can I have at once? World Adventures here I come!

Derenic

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2009, 06:53:08 AM »
guess i need to marry after three generations... my sim was a gardener freak! now needs family.. friend list are all old people who are the children of my friends lol. guess i need to marry one and let her live the immortal life with me... and guess i found the suitable one! sooo cute shee is !  :-*

gonna first tutor her gardening so together I wont spent a lot of time tending the garden alone.
gonna make a huge garden!

there is something annoying! there are three ghosts in my house :( at nights they just make lots of noise! sleep on our bed and answer phones lol...
one used to live with ,as i could controll her... but she died (thank god!)!  but she still comes back at nights...
the other two! as long as all the friends are old... i had two parties at two nights in a row! in each party two of them died! now they wont leave me alone!
wanna woohoo with my love without them! they just wont leave my mansion...

and btw , i agree with you carl hehe... my crib is just half done! got bored of building, so decided continue gardening and living outdoor lol
tho i have a different room for my paintings i have it in the pics sent in the page before) :P and lots of space there is i have put to just celebrate parties...

wish there were more ways to spend money...

[Edit for language.  Please refrain from the use of profanity.  -Pam]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2009, 06:57:36 AM »
wish there were more ways to spend money...

I agree. Once you have a character established there's only so many trips you can make to the spa before it becomes a little boring.  :)
The upcoming expansion should help in that department.

Derenic

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2009, 08:00:17 AM »
would like challenges in skills in here ;D actually not growing families...but in skills and the most experience :D

Offline Kreathyr

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2009, 08:30:37 AM »
Might be nice to see a Gardening challenge.
Earn the most money Gardening or something like that.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2009, 08:33:48 AM »
would like challenges in skills in here ;D actually not growing families...but in skills and the most experience :D

The Renaissance Challenge sounds right up your alley. It's all about raising the skills levels of 2 different sims as quickly as possible.

Offline Kreathyr

• Townie
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2009, 08:36:33 AM »
True, forgot about that one.
A Gardening challenge sounds interesting though.
I think I'll try and come up with something, no promises though ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2009, 08:41:41 AM »
I think I'll try and come up with something...

That would be nice. I've cranked out 3 already, so I'd like to participate in other player's challenges.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 01:58:56 AM »
I take my Sims on vacation and there they do all the processing of grapes into nectar and writing books.  My male Sim has written 11 masterpieces and the royalties really stack up (now at $165,000 a week)!  Plus, France is fun to play, so they go there at least once every 2 weeks.

Ya Cheese Buddy

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »
My favourite way to make the big bucks is painting and writing. This is probably a very common choice but it's what I love. I've only just begun trying to suceed to the top of fishing, gardening and hopefully soon cooking and I love them so far!

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2009, 02:45:35 PM »
My favourite way to make the big bucks is painting and writing. This is probably a very common choice but it's what I love. I've only just begun trying to suceed to the top of fishing, gardening and hopefully soon cooking and I love them so far!

Ahhh painting and writing, the choice of the gods. Gardening is very lucrative while fishing is nice, but not anywhere near as much fun and boring. I have a writer who makes so much money! My favorite offbeat way to make money is gold digging. Agnes, married and killed RIP. Nancy Landgraab, married and killed RIP. Vita Alto, married and killed RIP.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2009, 12:14:22 AM »
Agnes, married and killed RIP. Nancy Landgraab, married and killed RIP. Vita Alto, married and killed RIP.

Rofl! That made me laugh so hard!   ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2009, 08:47:25 AM »
Agnes, married and killed RIP. Nancy Landgraab, married and killed RIP. Vita Alto, married and killed RIP.

Rofl! That made me laugh so hard!   ;D

You should have seen it happening! A 3X3 square room with cenderblock walls and a glass wall. Watching them all starve, I am so evil!
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Offline romagia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2009, 01:19:57 PM »
Mooching is the most fun out of these... wonder why i'm the only one that voted it 0o

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2009, 04:10:47 PM »
Any advice about anything?

Yes. Please edit your abbreviation at the beginning to something more appropriate.

(I didn't want to wait and took care of it)