Author Topic: Bonus Throne Rooms  (Read 24908 times)

dollkey

Re: Bonus Throne Rooms
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 01:34:19 AM »
I didn't even know you can choose different throne rooms! Ack! I was too excited to start playing and lost my ability to read LOL

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 02:17:05 AM »
Unfortunately, we can't access these thrones when we are in live mode, but as soon as you start a new kingdom, then they are available.  Next room I am going to try is the barbarian, don't ask me why, because I couldn't tell you, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 07:00:23 AM »
My first game was going horribly, so when my husband got the bonus throne rooms I started a new game with the Princess castle, and whoa!  All of the rooms are much more lavish, with higher end furnishings, and wall coverings.  I got rid of the Disney Princess colours, and redid it in royal purple and gold.  The well decorated buff was present without my having to buy or upgrade anything.

My bard was getting robbed so much that, whenever she has a large amount of money, I buy her gorgeous paintings, and furniture for her room.  So my castle and the room over the tavern are the two most stunning places in my kingdom.  I've actually spent more on the tavern room, as the castle was already well decorated.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 10:05:16 AM »
Some of the thrones are available in buy mode.  Rex Impeator, Noble, Thrones in Spades, Lionheart, Magnum Mysterium, Effenmonts Reign.
So far I have noticed Sorceress Throne, and Timor at Tremoor are not available in buy mode.  They are available when choosing a Throne Room at the beginning of a new game.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »
Since I keep getting things every time I complete an ambition, I wonder if it's something that will unlock the further we get down the line of the game.  The ability to buy the extra stuff we need.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »
Unfortunately, we can't access these thrones when we are in live mode, but as soon as you start a new kingdom, then they are available.  Next room I am going to try is the barbarian, don't ask me why, because I couldn't tell you, lol. :)

Please just remember that if you are starting a new kingdom with one of your heroes from your last kingdom and you choose a throne room you don't like - DO NOT exit back to the main menu to choose a different throne room style.  You will lose your hero/monarch and I have not found any way to retrieve them (I lost my lvl 10 wizard this way and was seriously bummed out).  Ricalynn suggested making a second save file beforehand, which is an excellent idea, and should save you the very hard lesson that I learned.

Having gotten a look at all 4 throne rooms the only one I really like is the princess style - it also seems to come with the best decor and decent furniture as far as I can tell.  If the pink and purple is overwhelming, I redid my first one in greens and browns and it turned out great.  The barbarian throne room is probably my second favorite - it is more rustic and plain but quite nice.  My least favorite is the magical whatever throne room.  It would be great for an evil monarch, but there were far to many gargoylish demon-looking things for my taste.  I would have preferred the mystical/gothic ambience of the wizard's tower without all the evil looking stuff.

Alaskasim

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 03:01:36 PM »
Can someone post images of the different ones (other then the default)? I should get my game today or tomorrow some time, I am rather disappointed in the release from Amazon for this title (preorder)... I could have gotten the same pre-order version at my local store, saw it the day of release on the shelf... /sigh

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »
If I play this evening then I will work on getting screenshots for you, unless someone else posts them first.  Most items are recolorable, so if you like the furnishings of a particular set but the colors don't appeal to you, you can easily change that.

Alaskasim

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 06:43:13 PM »
If I play this evening then I will work on getting screenshots for you, unless someone else posts them first.  Most items are recolorable, so if you like the furnishings of a particular set but the colors don't appeal to you, you can easily change that.

I am betting a set of good images might make its way into the guide? hint hint hint. ;)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 02:50:54 AM »
Here you go...All of these are straight out of the box, no recoloring or editing.

Traditional Throne Room

Princess Dream Castle Bonus Throne Room

Barbarian Stronghold Bonus Throne Room

Lair of Dark Sorcery Bonus Throne Room

Alaskasim

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 03:47:51 AM »
Wow!!!! Yeah I think I like the barbarian one the best. You guys do a great job with the guides!

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 12:24:02 PM »
Here you go...All of these are straight out of the box, no recoloring or editing.

Wow!  Thanks for the detailed views.  I didn't realize the Princess theme was so opulent.  Definitely using that one next time.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011, 12:45:01 PM »
The good thing about the princess theme and the lair of dark sorcery theme is that they both have upgraded beds - which is really nice.  While I love pink and purple in real life, it's kind of overwhelming in the princess theme, but some recoloring takes care of that very easily and the furniture is not so ornate that it would look odd in more neutral or earthy tones.  I'm definitely going to give the barbarian theme a go, but will probably sell off all of the animal skeletons in the trophy room to buy a better bed right from the start.

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 09:42:48 AM »
Wow!  Thanks for the detailed views.  I didn't realize the Princess theme was so opulent.  Definitely using that one next time.

It really is opulent.  In the traditional throne room, right over the throne, the stained glass "Imbued Royal Window to the World" gives a decorated bonus of 5, and is worth 2000 Simoles.  In the Princess castle they put "The Celestial Wall Totem of the All-Seeing Watcher", at 4445 Simoles, and a decorated bonus of 9.  I actually thought about selling it at one point, because you can barely see it, but when I saw the decorated bonus of 9 I kept it.  :o

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »
The good thing about the princess theme and the lair of dark sorcery theme is that they both have upgraded beds - which is really nice.  While I love pink and purple in real life, it's kind of overwhelming in the princess theme, but some recoloring takes care of that very easily and the furniture is not so ornate that it would look odd in more neutral or earthy tones.  I'm definitely going to give the barbarian theme a go, but will probably sell off all of the animal skeletons in the trophy room to buy a better bed right from the start.

I lightened all the stone to make it whiter and brighter, darkened the purple for the princess stuff and changed those pink chairs near her throne to a dark green pattern.  Added shades of green where I could and it toned down all that pink without taking too much of it away.  I love pink.  In her bedroom I changed the bedding and curtains to dark shades of purple with patterns so the pink became more subtle.  Hard to explain.  Came out looking pretty good.

I had fun with the barbarian theme but it didn't stay barbarian for long.  First thing to go was all those bones!    My least favorite so far is the traditional throne room.  Not sure why.

Great pictures my friend!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery