Author Topic: Photography collection questions  (Read 3490 times)

Offline ArisVAng

• Nooboo
Photography collection questions
« on: January 14, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »
I've been trying to get some of these photos of these subjects, but it doesn't register with the camera.

Everyday Moments - Firefighter (tried calling a fireman to my house and got fined for it, but the camera only registers the firefighter as "running sim")
Supernatural Photo Journal - Magic Mushrooms! (tried to take a picture of harvestable mushrooms, unplucked mushroom seed, and plucked mushroom)

Does anybody know how to get these pictures

Offline Elena

• Townie
Re: Photography collection questions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 06:19:40 AM »
Hi, I got these before, but I don't know if this helps, give it a try though:)
Firefighter - calling a fireman works, but take photo of him when he stops running, any people running can be registered as a running sim.
Magic Mushrooms - again mushrooms worked for me, I think I took photos of a bunch of mushrooms together, with other plants and the sprinkler taken away from camera view.
Not sure whether I took photos for mushrooms in mature or harvest state, I think both might work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArisVAng

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »
Thank you very much  :)

I was able to get the magic mushrooms photo, but there's a problem with getting the firefighter photo. I summoned a fireman into my house but it still registers as running sim even though the sim is standing still in front of my door, or when the fireman is already standing still in front of me.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
You might try getting some kind of cheap furniture and place it near a fireplace to start a fire then call the fire department and get a picture of him fighting the fire.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline ArisVAng

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
I already purchased fireproof homestead. I can't put anything on fire in the house.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 03:09:53 PM »
What about having one of your sim becoming a firefighter (but not too high in the career?) and take photo of him.
Also I am not sure if fire blast works on fireproof homestead, but I always have witch set fire this way.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »
Fireblast definitely works in a Fireproof Homestead.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArisVAng

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 07:52:59 AM »
I searched for a townie that is a stranger and is in a firefighter career (used a mod to get the info), then I stalked the townie's house to wait for a chance to get a photo of that townie in a firefighter suit, but all I get is "a sim in the area"

I figured out how to remove fireproof homestead by using the same mod, but when the fireman came, I took a picture of the fireman putting out the fire, but what I got was "fighting fire" from "sims in motion" collection.  The "firefighter" from "everyday moments" collection is still greyed out. After the fireman was done putting out the fire, and was standing still, I took a picture of the fireman, but all I could get was "running sim" (how could he be running when he's standing still).

The next sim day, I thought I was super lucky, because I saw the firefighter npc "standing still" in the middle of the park. I had my sim run up close and tried to take a picture of the firefighter, but all I'm getting from the viewfinder is still "running sim".

Offline ArisVAng

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »
I tried setting fire to some furniture again, the fireman came, and I asked the fireman to hangout. I tried to take a picture after immediately each friendly interaction (chat, ask about day, etc.), but all I ever get is "running sim" even though the fireman is just standing around.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »
Have you tried resetting the fireman?  When he comes over, write down his name, resetsim the fireman -- he probably stuck in "running" mode according to the game.  Then call for service and he should come back again, will fine you and yell at you, try taking pic that time and see if it works.

anything