Author Topic: Building Shells - To be Furnished  (Read 309414 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Building Shells - To be Furnished
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »
Thank you everyone. I hope you have as much fun decorating it as I did building it. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Dellena

« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2014, 06:46:24 AM »
Second Empire Mansion

If you've been following the The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread, you might have seen me working on this mansion.

This mansion has 6 floors (including the accessible roof) and can accommodate an extremely large amount of bedrooms.  The walkout basement and sub-basement have been left for your own imaginations.  Very little interior decoration has been done but the house is structurally ready.  There's still a lot of work for you to do in wall coverings and doors; not to mention fixtures and furnishings.  I'll be using a fair amount of CC to decorate my own so I stopped with the build at this point so that I could put it up here.

Lot size: 64 x 64
Cost Furnished: 199,871
Cost Unfurnished: 184,071
Items Used
You will need the following store sets/Worlds:
Midnight Hollow - Plant
Roaring Heights - Glass Block Window
Stones Throw Greenhouse - Glass Roof
The Now & Then Century Manor - multiple items
You will need the following expansions:
Supernatural (doors)
Generations (spiral stairs)
Showtime (terrain paint)
Late Night (Elevator)

I think everything else is base game.

Exterior shots:

Interior shots:

This is the first or ground floor.  Starting in the left corner and going left to right, you have a laundry room (with small toilet room), dining room, entry, study, master bath.  At the left again is the kitchen/morning room, stairwell, powder room and master bedroom.  At the back is the main living room.

This is the second floor and it has room for four bedrooms all with en-suite bath.

This is the third floor which is primarily covered with the glass ceiling.  There's access to spiral stairs going up to the roof itself.  I'll likely decorate the 'attic' bits for looks.

I haven't provided shots of the walkout basement or the sub-basement as they are just big open spaces at the moment.  You could actually remove the sub-basement if you don't want it.  I would remove the windows in the pool first, and then remove the basement.  I have plans for mine though. ;)

I did very little landscaping.  The trees on the property would depend on what world you place it in.  So I thought it best to leave those out and let you decide on those yourself.

I am by no means finished with mine and will start the much longer process of decorating it.  I'll be posting those screen shots in the thread mentioned above.  First I have to make a final decision on what world I'm going to put it in.  :)

I hope you enjoy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »
Dellena, that lot looks AMAZING. I LOVE how it looks :) It sort of reminds me of "old mansion turned hotel" kinda building :)

Awesome nonetheless :D

I'm definitely going to download this :)

Edit : Yay first to download too ;)

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2014, 02:45:30 PM »
Wow Dellena  ;D how I wish I had your talent for building ,the house is amazing I've bookmarked this one!
Thank you so much for sharing

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2014, 05:31:35 AM »
This is amazing.  I also went over to the Showboat thread to see how you planned and built it - and like it far more than its original inspiration.  The sweeping stairs are gorgeous and I love the raised flowerbed idea.

Dellena

« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2014, 05:38:40 AM »
Thanks, everyone, for the comments. :)  I decided to put my own in Isla Paradiso.  There's a 64 x 64 lot there that has a lovely view of the water.  This would be one of the oldest, historical, homes on the island.  And now to start on my own interior work.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2014, 08:02:42 AM »
Dellena-  Your house is gorgeous!  I plan on downloading when I add all my EP's and SP's back into the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2014, 10:39:02 AM »
Thanks, everyone, for the comments. :)  I decided to put my own in Isla Paradiso.  There's a 64 x 64 lot there that has a lovely view of the water.  This would be one of the oldest, historical, homes on the island.  And now to start on my own interior work.

I have downloaded and am enjoying trying to decorate to the era of the house. It's a beautiful house, thank you! I set the house in Roaring Heights.

Dellena

« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »
I found some images online of interiors of houses like that.  It gave me some ideas as well. :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #249 on: May 05, 2014, 02:47:08 AM »
It looks great! I'll definitely have to keep it in mind for shells for any rich families of mine!

Dellena

« Reply #250 on: May 06, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »
The Farmhouse

The house was built using this house plan as a guide.

Lot size: 40 x 30
Cost furnished: 83,829
Cost unfurnished: 81,993
This house was built in Sunset Valley at 15 Maywood Lane (I demolished the empty house that was there).  Landscaping reflects Sunset Valley.
Expansions: University (door and wall); Into the Future (plant); Generations (fence and window)

The upstairs has three bedrooms, one full bathroom and a large room that could have multiple uses.

The downstairs has the master bedroom and bath with a walk-in closet, living room which is open to the kitchen, a study, formal dining room, powder room, laundry room, utility closet and a two bay garage.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2014, 02:03:54 PM »
I like the looks of it, it should be fun to turn it into a home for a sims family that is moving out of their starter home.

Dellena

« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2014, 05:32:55 AM »
Old American Farmhouse (Commissioned by Dragonsgirl)

Source: House Plan #485-1
Lot size: 40 x 40
Cost furnished: 89,491
Cost unfurnished: 84,660
Expansions/Stuff Packs: University, Late Night, Pets, High End Loft, Town Life

This traditional farmhouse was inspired by the simple classical composition of the old American farmhouse, with the Folk Victorian embellishments common to rural homes of the late 19th century. Combining the practical functionality of the American farmhouse with the relaxed open layout of the contemporary home, this home balances tradition with an easy indoor/outdoor flow, windows that maximize views, and a layout that both encourages community and provides privacy. This home gives your family the room they need to grow and the space and tranquility you need to live the good life.

Offline Dragonsgirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2014, 11:59:21 AM »
Dellena I love the house!! The color is perfect. This house is going to be great for my dynasty family. I'm downloading it now and going to place it in Sunset Valley to begin my family!!

Thank you for the wonderful home and happy Simming  :)

Dellena

« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
Dellena I love the house!! The color is perfect. This house is going to be great for my dynasty family. I'm downloading it now and going to place it in Sunset Valley to begin my family!!

Thank you for the wonderful home and happy Simming  :)

You are very welcome. :)  Enjoy living in the new home.  You were an easy 'client' to work with. :D

anything