Author Topic: House - Centennial Flats, 3 br 3.5 ba  (Read 8052 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
House - Centennial Flats, 3 br 3.5 ba
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:14:36 AM »
Centennial Flats, by Ausette

Lot Type: Residential, 3 br 3.5 ba
Lot Size: 20 x 30
Cost when placed on 20 x 30 lot: $154,196 ($89,394 unfurnished)
Contains Ambitions and World Adventures content
Store Content:

Welcome to Centennial Flats, the pinnacle of compact living in your neighbourhood! This fully furnished set of apartments boasts three separate dwellings each with its own distinct theme, as well as a communal lobby, laundry, backyard and open rooftop area.  Each flat has one bedroom, one bathroom, small kitchen and dining areas, a bookshelf and a comfortable seat for reading. The entire building can sustain a maximum of 3-5 Sims and doesn't require Late Night at all!

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: House - Centennial Flats, 3 br 3.5 ba
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »
This is very nice, Ausette.

I especially like the middle living accomodation, with the blue bedroom and wicker chest of drawers. There's a cute cow thing and it's not the tidiest of the flats.  Felt a little like home.  ;)

Also liked how you've linked to the free, additional content that you've included. That is a very nice touch.

PS I'm also wondering if it would be easy to convert this for Late Night?  Then I could plonk down three copies, on separate lots, each with one floor activated as an apartment (ground floor being communal) and have a choice of starter of stylish starter apartments.  Would you mind me doing this in my game?  I think that there may be instructions in that thread Hosfac mentioned.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:23:21 PM »
Sure, go ahead :). Perhaps you could customise the lobbies and landscaping for each building to make it a little more realistic. To convert it, all you have to do is open testingcheatsenabled true --> buydebug to access room markers, place hidden markers in the apartments and public markers in the ground floor rooms, then shift-control-click the other apartments' doors to set them as NPC.

Oh, and the blue room's my favourite too :D. I even took WA photos especially to decorate it. Did the photos transfer OK?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 05:52:39 AM »
This will look great in my neighborhood! Thanks Ausette!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 01:01:49 PM »
PS I'm also wondering if it would be easy to convert this for Late Night? 

It would be no more difficult than placing the markers from the BuyDebug menu, which is incredibly easy.

I still have to wait 7 more hours to download this one.  I guess my acid-washed jeans from the T-Mobile store will have to wait another day.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »
Sure, go ahead :). Perhaps you could customise the lobbies and landscaping for each building to make it a little more realistic. To convert it, all you have to do is open testingcheatsenabled true --> buydebug to access room markers, place hidden markers in the apartments and public markers in the ground floor rooms, then shift-control-click the other apartments' doors to set them as NPC.

Oh, and the blue room's my favourite too :D. I even took WA photos especially to decorate it. Did the photos transfer OK?

Thank you. I've had a quick play, which actually turned into a longer play.  RestrictBuyInBuildings is my friend, lol.  It works very well.  Haven't sussed out about the NPC doors yet - shift-control-click didn't give the right options - but hope to later.  The apartments aren't starter prices but they're gorgeous, so I don't really mind.

Gives me inspiration to have a go at creating starter apartment of my own too, so thank you again.

Looked for the photos.  Found the one by the blue bed of Caylie, taken by Pepper Razzi (great name  :D) but couldn't find any others that viewed as a photo, though Chester - my test sim - loved all of the paintings.  He was thrilled to be in the apartments and immediately wanted to make hamburgers.  I did find a camera though and am wondering what other surprises or hidden treasures there are to find.  I look forward to finding out.  Thanks, again, for sharing.

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
The building looks good and interesting, but I have to say your real power comes in furnituring Ausette. Especially with defining space and color.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 09:27:39 PM »
Thank you. I've had a quick play, which actually turned into a longer play.  RestrictBuyInBuildings is my friend, lol.  It works very well.  Haven't sussed out about the NPC doors yet - shift-control-click didn't give the right options - but hope to later.  The apartments aren't starter prices but they're gorgeous, so I don't really mind.

Gives me inspiration to have a go at creating starter apartment of my own too, so thank you again.

Looked for the photos.  Found the one by the blue bed of Caylie, taken by Pepper Razzi (great name  :D) but couldn't find any others that viewed as a photo, though Chester - my test sim - loved all of the paintings.  He was thrilled to be in the apartments and immediately wanted to make hamburgers.  I did find a camera though and am wondering what other surprises or hidden treasures there are to find.  I look forward to finding out.  Thanks, again, for sharing.

Only one photo? Darn, I had two in that room and I really wanted the other one in particular to transfer. It's of a blonde in a red bikini, you can see it next to the Diva Doll poster in the screenshot. Glad to hear the other went through though, I love decorating with photos and I'll definitely do it more with future buildings. As for the little details, I "finished" the building just before the Exchange glitched up for a few weeks so I had plenty of time to add some extra touches, and I liked it so much it's now standard for me to wait at least a week after finishing a house before I upload it. Glad to hear you're inspired, use that +15 moodlet while you can and put something cool on the Swap Shop for us!  ;D
Hmmm, it's strange the NPC doors didn't work for you, did you have the TCE and RBBB cheats on at the time?

The building looks good and interesting, but I have to say your real power comes in furnituring Ausette. Especially with defining space and color.

That's the very reason why I love building apartments so much :D. I find that having a really small space to work with makes you experiment more with layouts and colours because there isn't much you can do without making it too cramped. Decorating this building was a lot of fun because I wanted each flat to have similar floorplans but completely different atmospheres, and I ended up giving them old-fashioned, "normal" and modern themes (hence "Centennial" Flats).

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 10:53:53 PM »
Only one photo? Darn, I had two in that room and I really wanted the other one in particular to transfer. It's of a blonde in a red bikini, you can see it next to the Diva Doll poster in the screenshot. Glad to hear the other went through though, I love decorating with photos and I'll definitely do it more with future buildings. As for the little details, I "finished" the building just before the Exchange glitched up for a few weeks so I had plenty of time to add some extra touches, and I liked it so much it's now standard for me to wait at least a week after finishing a house before I upload it. Glad to hear you're inspired, use that +15 moodlet while you can and put something cool on the Swap Shop for us!  ;D
Hmmm, it's strange the NPC doors didn't work for you, did you have the TCE and RBBB cheats on at the time?

Sorry not to reply sooner. 

There are two photos in the room.  The blonde in the bikini did transfer and I could view it and see who took it  (possibly Hannah by Rex Goth: I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right note on my piece of paper.) 

I haven't been back to try (will do) but I think that the doors didn't work because they weren't enclosed.  Not sure where I read this but I think that they need a foyer area to work.  Having no neighbours is not a problem though.

Once again, thanks for sharing. Really like the Flats.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
Oh my Aussette, I had to motherlode my Sim like crazy to move him in ;D
First thing I noticed, there are 2 chairs on palm tree in front of the house! But once he moved in, I get to see why it was soo expensive, whole 4 apartments (one can sleep on couch on ground floor ;D) That was a lot of work, and it looks wonderfull. And from outside it really looks like a building, not just a home!

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 09:31:27 AM »
I know this must sound incredibly rude, But is it possible for you to delete all the content that isn't included in the base game or WA, So I Can Download it? XD Lol, Jokes. I'm Getting ambitions in a few days, I'll have to see about the other bits ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »
CandyHeartedSim, I think if you download it without Ambitions the game just replaces the stuff you don't have. All of the store stuff I've used is free so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it. Congrats on getting Ambitions, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Thanks for compliments guys  :D. Anushka, I don't think there's supposed to be chairs on the palm tree, perhaps they got displaced when you placed it? That happens sometimes.  :-\