Author Topic: Reset Sim Cheat; Rescuing Sims when they're stuck  (Read 738180 times)

Offline EvelynAnne

• Nooboo
Re: Reset your Sim; Rescuing Sims when they're stuck
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 07:46:37 PM »
My problem is a little different. My sim is in his vacation home in France and is sitting and reading a book. The book isn't there. He just keeps making a turning pages motion. Clicking on the action to cancel it does nothing. The big red X appears over the action box, but he keeps reading anyway. His skill isn't improving and his needs appear not to decrease at all even though time is passing.

I've done the resetSim * cheat, but nothing happens. What's happening here?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, EvelynAnne.

Would you mind making a new topic on this board for your problem?  It's going to need special attention and that's the best way to get it.  Be sure to make your new subject as specific as possible, too. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

rena_phoenix

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
Why does this game have so many glitches in it??? I had to press Ctrl+ shift+ c and enter "resetSim Fristname Lastname"  several times just to get it to work, on the 5th time i used this code my sim character ended up in a building that was blacked out, that my sim did NOT live in. The Sim i created is also a vampire. The sim froze while she was performing on the electric guitar, after the 7th time entering this code the electric guitar is no longer in the sims inventory, and having to buy another guitar. Now it is freezing in buy mode and wont go back to Living mode. There is nothing wrong with the computer i am using. My boyfriend is a computer tech and he personally built his computer and i have not have any problems with playing any other game besides the Sims 3.   

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, rena_phoenix.

I suggest you start a new topic for your issues because it's clearly not just an issue of resetting your Sim.  It should go on this same Technical Help Board and please be as specific as you can with the title of it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline daisy84

• Nooboo
Re: Reset Sim Cheat; Rescuing Sims when they're stuck
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »
I have a similar problem too :( Each time I want my sim to take a shower it stands in front of the shower for hours and nothing happens. The time passes by, the green bars become yellow or even red but nothing happens. I can't force the sim to do anything else and I can't cancel teh showering activity. I tried the resetsim code, it helps for that moment, but when I send the sim to take a shower again it happens once again. It's very annoying because "the life" goes on, but the sim doesn't respond. Please help :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »
I have a similar problem too :( Each time I want my sim to take a shower it stands in front of the shower for hours and nothing happens. The time passes by, the green bars become yellow or even red but nothing happens. I can't force the sim to do anything else and I can't cancel teh showering activity. I tried the resetsim code, it helps for that moment, but when I send the sim to take a shower again it happens once again. It's very annoying because "the life" goes on, but the sim doesn't respond. Please help :(

Welcome to our forum.

Please open a new topic on the Technical Help board for this problem.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline daisy84

• Nooboo
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 03:23:43 PM »
Thank you, Pam.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2013, 06:34:47 AM »
Just today in my sims household, one of my sim dies from electric shock. She was a garderner, she have many death flower in her inventory. But when Grim came, he couldn't move as well as my sim(due to lack of space and people mourning). I thought he will move after some time, but he keep asking for space/toe tapping. This keep happening for 5 sim hours. So, i become bored and reset my sim. Suprisingly, she become alive(singed) and the grim vanish. All i want is to thank the reset sim cheat for saving my sim and the day. I was so bored that i even thought to reload the file.
Chetan.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline JuniperBlue

• Nooboo
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2013, 06:58:07 AM »
I don't know whats up with my game... with one family I have the main sim invisible and anytime I try to reset her it doesn't help and I tried going into create a sim and back out to see if that would work and it didn't. On my other family, the guy just started working at the hospital and just down right refuses to go to work. there is no mood reasons for it, and i tried taking off free will and he still wouldn't go.... anybody have any advise????

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2013, 07:51:10 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, JuniperBlue.

I think it would be best if you start a new topic on the Miscellaneous Help board.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Natty86

• Nooboo
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
Hi there guys and gals, just adding in if it hasn't already. I have played both PC, XBOX and PS3 versions of this game, I love em but if you need to reset or rescue your sim on your PS3 console you need to....

Hover on/over your mailbox and press L@ on your game controller.  Option to Reset Sim should pop up.  Remember the Sim's name and just scroll and select which Sim needs resetting.  If it doesn't work, try moving your mailbox away from the walls.  If that doesn't work, try R2 button on controller.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2014, 02:55:11 AM »
Thank you for the information, Natty86, and welcome to our Forum!

In the future, if you would please not use all capitals, it would be appreciated.  This is part of our Forum Rules, a link for which may be found in my signature below.  I'm going to just edit your post so you don't have to worry about it this time.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Hells

• Nooboo
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2014, 01:37:44 AM »
My sim was stuck, I tried dragging her to Egypt  (her husband had to call she canceled all actions including the teleport me here from testingcheats) so they both went to Egypt fine, they both did adventures while there, untell they got home she stuck as soon as they arrived, I looked it up and found this, it worked for getting my sim off the edge of the water she was then in her home lot.. stuck there, I tried a few times to move her with no prevail I told her husband to kiss her, he walked over but the action stopped.. but then while he was walking away she walked to moved out of his way, she still wouldn't do what I told her, I instructed him to kiss her again, this time she did, and then I could control her again.
"Just smile and look pretty!"

Offline Hells

• Nooboo
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2014, 01:46:17 AM »
I know this comment is old and probably resolved but for any new people I'd just like to say, try deleting the shower itself, and then buying a new one, I've had the same issue with many objects (fridges, beds) after deleting the glitched object it stops, just make sure no sim is trying to use it or it wont let you pick it up
"Just smile and look pretty!"

Offline IshaShisha

• Nooboo
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2014, 01:05:47 PM »
I had a Sim visit my home and when I clicked on him to invite him in, he disappeared! Searched the entire lot, and couldn't find him. Also, when I went to invite him over again with my cell phone, his name wasn't even on the list!  :o What do I do?? Should I use the reset cheat or is this a bigger problem? Please help!