Author Topic: Being A Stevens-previously Millie Speaks  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
Being A Stevens-previously Millie Speaks
« on: June 18, 2011, 02:47:14 AM »
I'm going to try and start a story. It's just going to be in diary form, following Millie from childhood to being a young adult. From there I'll decide whether or not I want to play until she meets Grim. One thing you need to know is I play with a lot of cheats. A lot. Another thing is that I had to uninstall my expansion packs (Actually, LN, my only expansion pack) because our laptop is really slow even with just the base game. Anyway. I'll do the introduction now, and start properly with pictures and stuff later (if I can ever figure out how to get them on here looking okay-ish.)
-------------
My name is Millie. Millie Stevens. I live in a little place known as Sunset Valley with my parents, Eliza and Aaron, and my older sisters, Stella and Marcia. Stella is the 'perfect' twin. You know the one. She adores music, but somehow she's never picked up a guitar yet. Marcia, on the other hand, is practically Stella's polar opposite. Clever, but she enjoys her solitude and is a little bit crazy sometimes. Me, I don't know where I fit in. I guess I'd be somewhere in the middle. Mum is a writer. She hates going outside, unlike Dad, who is a wannabe athlete. I really live a pretty normal life, but I suppose thats for you to find out.
-------------
SophieNote:
I'm not so good at writing from a childs perspective, so sorry if Millie sounds older than she is.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Millie Speaks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 05:09:48 AM »
It sounds fine.   :D  I am looking forward to reading more about her.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 06:10:01 AM »
Thanks Figwit, but that was a really bad start. My English teacher would be appalled. I might update later but I have to go visit my dad in hospital so it may not be updated until tonight or tomorrow morning (British time) I still can't get the time zone difference down. It's 11 am where I live.

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 05:18:06 AM »
Oh dear. This may not work out like I hoped.
---------
So anyway, we arrived at our house. It's not pretty. If I show you a picture, you'll probably be scarred for life. By the way, if you ever get a builder called Sophie offering to build your house, don't accept. There's a reason she does it for free, people. And, oh yeah, she's 13. Still in school and building houses? I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
Anyway, Stella, Marcia and I have our rooms in the basement. Marcia went straight down there and hasn't resurfaced since. She's probably crying. Stella started playing guitar and I started to write. When I'm done with that, I'll paint. I still have school, but I suppose, seeing as I don't eat or sleep or anything, I'll still have time to hone my skills. Mum and Dad aren't so pleased with their room either. We have the basement, the ground floor and then the next floor, which is just the master bedroom. It's really, really weird. I think we should move soon.
-----
SophieNotes:
-I took it upon myself to build the house. It's not a box anymore, more like a load of boxes all stuck together. I can't subject my Sims to this any longer, so when I next play I'll 1)Get pictures of the Sims and 2)Move them out of the house, ahem, place they currently are residing.
-Comments? Please? :3

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 06:12:13 AM »
Quick update-that's-not-an-update;

I've take the family's pictures so you can see what they look like, but I haven't moved them out yet because I'm very busy. Homework is calling so I won't update until tomorrow evening(British time, maybe about 2pm in America ???) at least. Sorry but school comes before Sims for me.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 06:42:26 AM »
Don't worry.  School should come first.  We will be here when you are ready. 

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »
Okay, its the weekend, so I'll try to update as often as I can. I know the title is 'Millie Speaks' but I wanted to write from Stella's and Marcia's perspectives in these two short updates.
------
You Know Your Life is Messed Up when Your Sister Lives in the Basement

Hi. I'm Stella Stevens. It really sounds quite awful, doesn't it, Stella Stevens. I'm a teenager, I have a little sister called Millie, who's cool, and a twin called Marcia, who's...not. I know it sounds mean, but really. Marcia hangs around in her bedroom, also known as the basement, all day, being dull as dishwater. She wants to be a doctor, I think. She might be boring, but she'd be a good doctor. I remember when I felt really ill one day, Marcia helped look after me. Anyway, I don't want you to think all I do is moan and whine, so I'll tell you about myself. My passion is music. I want to be a star. A Rock Star, precisely. Millie wants to write. She's already penned her first novel, 'Life Sucks and then You Die-Oh Wait, I'm Immortal' and she's still a child. Mum is a writer and Dad is a painter. As you can probably tell I can't wait to leave Sunset Valley. It's boring, the people are boring and the excitement is nonexistent. Bridgeport on the other hand would be great, unfortunately though it's been wiped off the map for some reason, probably overtaken by vampires. I've started whining again, but I've not got much to be happy about right now. I'm just going to leave before you think I'm a pathetic little girl who thinks the world revolves around her.
-----------
SophieNote:
-Bridgeport really was 'wiped off the map' (uninstalled) because a) Too many vampires, and b) It was slowing down my laptop and making it overheat.
-Stella really is a whiny little brat, but I can't help liking her all the same.
-Personally I adore Sunset Valley, I wanted to inject a touch of realistic teenager-hating-quiet thing, but I can't do it very well, sorry.
-I still haven't let them move house. I'm a terrible, terrible person.
-Like the title of Millie's book, anyone? I do. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
From Marcia's perspective:
--------
My name is Marcia Stevens. I don't really know what to say about myself, except that I hate this house and the people in it and I'm leaving the second I turn Young Adult. Sorry, that was uncalled for. You know my name, but you don't know about me. I'm a loner. I'll be the first to admit it. But I want to be a doctor, a World Renowned Surgeon actually, and everyone knows it's lonely at the top.
The thing is, I've never been the kind of popular girl with loads of friends. That was Stella. Stella is my twin. She's pretty, talented, destined to be famous...everything I long to be but I'm not. But being the 'popular' girl's shy twin sister? Not exactly a formula for 'cool'. I've always lived my life in Stella's shadow. She's the leader, the one with that glossy confidence that comes from being the family favourite. I know she is, don't try to deny it.
My other sister, Millie is alright. She wants to be a writer, and she's already got her first book published. The thing is, I've always hated myself. I blamed myself for my less-than-flattering hair, my ugly clothes, my annoying family and my dull, dreary personality. But Marcia's growing up and getting out. I tell you, Marcia Stevens will make Science cool yet!
--------
SophieNote:
-I had a great time writing this chapter, it made me smile and I found it so easy because I lived in my best friend's shadow most of my life, till we went to different schools aged 11.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
Re: Being A Stevens-previously Millie Speaks
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 02:56:32 AM »
From Millie's perspective:
-------------
I judt finished my second book, a drama novel called Living in a Basement, based on Marcia. The character is called Maria and, obviously, she lives in a basement.
Anyway, the important thing is I'm almost a teen so I'll be throwing a party sooner or later! Oh, and Stella has a boyfriend! She met this guy whose name I can't remember and now they're going steady. Marcia doesn't have enough of a social life to date.
---------------------

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
Re: Being A Stevens-previously Millie Speaks
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 02:02:10 AM »
Marcia is my favourite character, definitely. Closely followed by Stella. I'm very like Marcia and Stella is the kind of girl I've always wanted to be. I can't update now but shall later because I'm not at school. Thanks for reading. Don't be scared to comment either. :)

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
Re: Being A Stevens - Failed
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »
Okay. This isn't working. Someone, -cough- my brother -cough- decided to delete the file. The story isn't worth keeping. It's over. Thanks for reading.