Author Topic: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist  (Read 33796 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2011, 02:10:53 AM »
Hehe, I had a bit of a giggle at some of Hank's commentary :D

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2011, 03:11:24 AM »
Woo! Nice party! Turned out fairly well all things considered, I was afraid Agnes might blow a gasket, but maybe that event will be saved for Pauline during the after party LOL
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2011, 03:17:18 AM »
Happy Birthday Agnes!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »
Guuuhhh... Hank's a huge idiot. -.-''
I'm guessing Cait will end up with Thornton or Hank. :-\
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2011, 12:30:01 AM »
Woooot, awesome party and wonderful update!  I love some of the shots you were able to get - I've had so many birthday parties over the course of my dynasty and not one of them was as tastefully documented as Agnes' was.  Now quick, get her to the mirror and put some proper hair on her!  No amount of cleavage is going to counteract THAT hair!

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »
Thanks for all the lovely comments and compliments everyone!

I'm happy you've enjoyed reading these past updates. I'm always looking for different ways to tell the story; formats that will compliment what's already there and show you something different. This time I was looking for something that'd show you the dynamic and interaction in the household. I've been having a blast writing them - which probably shows by the shere number of updates it takes me to document one party - and it's really nice to see you also enjoyed reading them.

Nice party! I love how you captured so much of the different aspects of a party, and the personalities present, given the limited games features of throwing a party! Kudos to you!

Thanks Lily! I must admitt that a lot of planning went into that. I always start with an idea, and see how far I can bend my sims and my game to get as close to the idea as possible. However, sims ultimately do what they want. Thornton proved a very generous party guest, opening more avenues to write about. I couldn't have made him do that! That's perhaps what I love most about this challenge; even when you've created a certain idea, sims sometimes give you very different things to work with and I love to integrate that in my story telling. After all, it's really their story!

Awesome update!  You've really blown me away with how you've been presenting this.  

Thanks Rica! I think I'm still blushing from the compliment! It's absolutely awesome to hear that you like the differences in presentation so much. It's one of the choices I'm personally happiest about; making the choice to mix it up and not tie myself down to one format. Now I can choose what I want to share; a character's thoughts, or a certain dynamic, and then choose the format that allows me to share that best.

Hehe, I had a bit of a giggle at some of Hank's commentary :D

Thanks Alexandria! My dynasty isn't the rolling over the floor, absolutely hysterical, kind of dynasty. However, when I see an opportunity I do try to mix some humour in there too and I'm happy it's succeeding.

Woo! Nice party! Turned out fairly well all things considered, I was afraid Agnes might blow a gasket, but maybe that event will be saved for Pauline during the after party LOL

Thanks Juxt! I was afraid Agnes would do that too! But when Pauline threw that fit I think she backed down to make sure at least one person would have a good time. In her own way, she's really starting to respect Pauline.

Guuuhhh... Hank's a huge idiot. -.-''

Thanks Simstar! I think someone has to tell that to Hank's face; I'm not sure Hank knows he's an idiot. He's really self-centered, and I don't think he even sees anything wrong with what he does.

Woooot, awesome party and wonderful update!  I love some of the shots you were able to get - I've had so many birthday parties over the course of my dynasty and not one of them was as tastefully documented as Agnes' was.  Now quick, get her to the mirror and put some proper hair on her!  No amount of cleavage is going to counteract THAT hair!

Thanks Kat! It takes me a very long time to play a party like this. I constantly pause the game and search through the room in pursuit of screenshot material. I'm very patient when it comes down to that. And once taken, I sift through all the screenshots, picking out the best ones for the update. And yes, Agnes went to the mirror straight after her birthday cake!

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2011, 08:16:14 AM »
Chapter 7: About Birthdays, Cameras, and Guys

Paragraph 5: Some Battery Remaining

Portable Video Camera: Recording 5

'... turn it on. Wonderful! There's still some battery left, let me just see if I can..'

'I don't mean to sound smug, but everyone knows it pays well to be in politics!'
     'Yes, I have heard that somewhere before.'
     'I love a real diplomat! I find them irresistible! Are you in politics Hank?'
     'Me? In politics? ... Yes! Of course I am in politics!'
     'I already thought as much, the Superman shirt must be a statement.'
     'A diplomat! So sexy!'
     'Are you important? I hear the most important political figure is called The Llama.'
     'Oh! The Llama! So sexy!'
     'Am
I The Llama? Well, I'll tell you, I... '

'No, I tell you; he's The Liar! Llama and political career... Hank?! Yea right.'

'Ine! I... I didn't see you there.'
     'Clearly.'
     'You're not in politics?'
     'Well...'
     'No! He's not. Now move along ladies, this man's taken!'
     'Not in politics...'
     'That's so not sexy.'

'What did you do that for?'
     'What did
I do that for? What did you do that for?'
     'I was trying to impress those women, you know, for our Environment institute.'
     'Don't think I'm an idiot Hank! You were trying to impress those women for one thing only
     and we both know that's not because of some Environment institute.'
     'Ine. Love. Sweetheart.'
     'Don't you sweetheart me! I can't even look at you right now! We'll talk later. For now I
     have to find Cate. The camera doesn't have much battery left and I don't think she's on
     film enough. Have you seen her? I can't find her anywhere...'
     'Em. Cate... No. No. I haven't seen Cate.'
     'Oh crap.'
     'Ine, honey, just listen to.'

A short while later.

Portable Video Camera: Recording 6

'And while the last guests leave in their car, probably thinking about our fantastic party,
     the Birthday Girl is back at her easel after a quick trip to the curling iron!'
     'Pauline...'
     'So, Nes. What did you think of your party?'
     'It was OK.'
     'Ah, come on, tell me you had fun!'
     'I had fun?'
     'That's what I want to hear! Perfect way to end our little film!'
     'Pauline? Is something wrong?
     'Wrong? Why would there be something wrong? Nothing's wrong! Well, except for the
     party ending and the camera dying. But I think I have all I need, so this little beauty can
     go to sleep as well!'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2011, 08:16:21 AM »
Chapter 7: About Birthdays, Cameras, and Guys

Paragraph 6: At The Ball

Entry 15
     Dear Diary,

I will not say one more bad word about Pauline’s surprise party! I know I said that I didn’t
     want a party, but really, it wasn’t so bad! We didn’t spend a lot of money - Pauline kept it
     simple - and I was done gardening for the day anyway.

And I met this guy!

He’s an acquaintance of Pauline and Hank, his name's Thornton. Even the sound of it
     gives me goose bumps! He’s dark haired, very sophisticated and incredibly handsome! Not
     a big fan of children, but neither am I, so that’s perfect really.

I had the feeling he’d been eyeing me all night, and then after Agnes blew her candles
     out, he asked if we could go somewhere a little more private.

What’s a girl to do?

So I took him to our little studio and he asked if I would dance with him. It was a little
     awkward at first, I think he was afraid his wife would see us. Understandable. I’m not
     afraid though, I spoke to her shortly at the party; she’s nothing I can’t handle!

Before long he loosened up and we had a great time together. He’s such a talented
     dancer! Everything about him… I can’t put it into words… but I could not stop looking at
     him. And it seemed like he could not stop looking at me either!

But then…

Yea. Blondie. I swear, she is always in the way!

Well, after that we both were a little self-conscious about the whole thing. Blondie totally
     ruined the mood, so we both rejoined the party. But not before he gave me his phone
     number!

His phone number!

And when he told me good night, he gave me one of those looks that set your veins on
     fire! I’m going to call him tomorrow; I can’t wait to see him again!

I know what I’ll be dreaming of tonight...

Best. Party. Ever!

Authors Note: And that concludes Chapter 7. I have a very busy week ahead so Chapter 8 may have to wait just a few days longer than usual!

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2011, 08:39:56 AM »
Bad Hank! He needs to control himself!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »
Awesome updates Phyre!

Congratulations on getting through a surprise party without anyone ripping hair out.  I feel for Pauline but I think we all knew it would happen.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
Hmm, Thornton... I really must see why loads of people go for Sideburns... Apart from the Car and Money.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2011, 10:15:57 AM »
Oh, great updates!
Pauline really needs to get rid of Hank. He's a jerk.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »
Agreed. >:(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
Well, he isn't always a Jerk, I have first hand experience of that.  ;) Also my Hank refuses to die, Lol, He is like 97 and has Outlived Chris Steel who is younger!  ::) I think Hank is just misunderstood, I also say Pauline is probably a bit needy.  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2011, 01:35:53 PM »
I'm team Hank sometimes..
except when he's a jerk!