Author Topic: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist  (Read 33813 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Vasquez Dynasty: Digital Diary of a Domestic Environmentalist
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2011, 01:39:58 AM »
As Simstar said, that is one totally amazing piece of writing! Well done, you managed to express Cate's inner feelings wonderfully. Keep up the good work!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »
I love this story. Write the next chapter when you can! I need a update. ;D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2011, 10:47:43 PM »
Interesting story with strong characters, although I do wish the institute would be built up sooner! ;)

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06:19 PM »
Thank you everyone for those wonderful comments! It always feels like a warm bath to receive such gracious compliments; so thank you very much!

I also wanted say thank you to everyone who reads and supports my story; thank you very much for your unwavering patience. The last few weeks have been incredibly busy, I haven't actually played since May 15 (the day I posted Chapter 6), and that fact is drawing out the story, as well as the updates. The fact that so many people, despite that fact, keep reading means a lot to me.

Next to thank you's there also is good news: coming Friday my vacation starts and I'll have much more time to spare for my Dynasty. Perhaps not immediately, since I want to re-organize all my CC, as well as do a complete reinstall with Generations (so it doesn't bug my game). But after that there should be nothing stopping me from diving back into this!

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06:31 PM »
Chapter 9: Is This It?

Paragraph 2: ... That's All A Pack Of Lies!

Entry 5
     ... that's all a pack of lies!
     Love is a fiction, like an affliction. Love is an ancient curse.
     Posing contentment. Causing resentment, fulfillment in reverse.
     Love is a dismal thing!

You know,

I thought I was happy. I thought we were happy. But nothing was less true.

Love blinds you. Love cripples you. Love consumes you.

Once you're in love's power it will not let you go. Not until it has reduced you to but a
     shred of who you were before. Not until all the human is gone, and all that's left is jelly.
     Brainless, naive, weak, spineless, completely codependent, jelly. And once you've
     reached the high point, once you're that perfect specimen of jelly; love will let you fall.
     Leaving you defenseless, leaving you hopeless; smeared across the floor.

I found an old photo album yesterday...

Look at us. Look at me! How naive can a single person become?!

Maybe I can get a price for it. Or star in a freak show. Come see! Come see! Pauline
     Wang; the extraordinarily gullible Asian. Watch how that spineless body folds to the floor
     ladies and gentlemen! Isn't it incredible!

'I'll always love you.', he told me.
     'I'll always be with you.', he told me, 'No matter what might happen. No matter what life
     might throw at us. Come what may; I'll be with you, and I'll love you, for as long as I
     draw breath.'

All LIES!

All it took to break that promise was for the next pretty face to walk by in tight jeans. I
     guess he recites those vows to every girl stupid enough to fall for his deception. The
     strong arms, the handsome face, the burning eyes; it's disgusting really.

But I was one of them...

I fell for it. I fell for him. And now I'm jelly.

I saw the video you know, the one we made of Agnes' Birthday. I thought it'd cheer me
     up a little. Well, guess again! I didn't get it before, when Cate talked about talking your
     frustration away in a journal. But I get it now; I truly get it. It gives you a place to vent,
     a place to reflect; it gives you something to hold on to.

Even when it's hard.    

No more idle fantases about how it could've been, how it should've been. No more idle
     fantasies about how he'll change, how he'll better his life.

No more!

He can pack his backs. He can walk out that door. And I won't look back!

It's the right thing to do. It's the right thing for me to do. A girl's got to protect
     herself, stand up for herself. Hasn't it been proven once again that no one else watches
     out for you?

No. It's the right thing to do. Really. It is.

But. If it's the right thing to do... Then why does it hurt so much?

Author's Note: I started a fresh game to get those screenshots of Pauline and Hank, since I couldn't control them before they became part of the household (and I immediately gave them make-overs). That's why the pictures are in black-and-white; they're from a time in their lives where Caitlin wasn't even in town yet (I was able to do this because it's purely for the story, not for the gameplay).

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2011, 08:14:49 PM »
Poor Pauline...
And stupid Hank!  >:(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »
Why must Hank be so stupid!
Gosh, I'm all angry now. Must... break... something.. -crashing noises- darn, that was the tv. ;)
I was just wondering, is this an official dynasty? Pauline talked about kicking him out, so I was just wondering.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2011, 02:57:58 AM »
I love the "torn" photo, very creatively done! Your writing is really wonderful! I wonder how Pauline is going to feel when she learns that she and Hank are truly inseperable now, even if she wants to shove him down a fire cave! Maybe he'll annoy all the women and get his own little basement cell. LOL
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2011, 03:08:49 AM »
Aw, that was rather sad, but the feelings were completely true in relation to real life.
I love your writing - you can always understand how the characters are really feeling, and what drives them to act in the way they do.
But even though you can understand how and why they act a certain way, you can never quite guess what's going to happen next. I really love this story.

Offline Phyre

• Occult
« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2011, 05:29:32 AM »
Hey everyone!

I am so sorry it has been so long. I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I am still alive and kicking and that I haven't given up on my Dynasty (or reading all of yours)!

To make a (very) long story short; everything in my house seemed to break down at the same time and my computers were not spared. I had to replace a few hardware components, as well as re-install everything; The Sims 3 included. Since I am forced to start clean again, I figured this was as good a time as any to completely sort and organize all my CC. However, since I have a lot of it that is quite an enormous task. In combination with my other holiday activities it is taking much longer than I expected.

However, I am nearing the end of my herculean task and once I am done all that remains is to install my game, patch it up, and pray none of my back-ups were corrupted.

So... Caitlin & co. will be returning shortly! (TM)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2011, 06:01:48 AM »
Well hi there! Aw, that should have been totally awful! Best of luck! I just want to thank you for inspiring my new dynasty, thank you! And I can't wait to meet Cate and co. again! ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2011, 06:04:10 AM »
Yay!
I love this Dynasty... But poor Pauline! Agnes is a bit of a dragon isn't she, an unusual interpretation of her.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1