Author Topic: Tiberium gem- heart cut grew into spire cut  (Read 23943 times)

eucalypt111

Tiberium gem- heart cut grew into spire cut
« on: January 10, 2010, 04:09:59 AM »
I planted some heart cut tiberium at the back of my lot and some of them became spire cuts!  Sure beats getting spire cut straight off.

Cheers eucalypt111

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Tiberium gem- heart cut grew into spire cut
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 05:19:29 AM »
Yes, it's true.  I posted about this in a thread asking about where to get Tiberium, but I'm glad you started this new one.  It deserves its own thread!

I've had several heart cut Tiberium gems transform into the full size spire cut.  It's a lot cheaper than cutting it into the small spire and you really get the same end result.  The small spire cut it $6,500 and the heart cut is $1,000.  Both will transform to a very nice $40,000ish large spire.  You don't have to put it in a garden or on the yard for it to happen, though.  I just put mine on the floor or on a table.  As long as they have some space around them, they'll do it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:30:09 PM »
Yes, it's true.  I posted about this in a thread asking about where to get Tiberium, but I'm glad you started this new one.  It deserves it's own thread!

I've had several heart cut Tiberium gems transform into the full size spire cut.  It's a lot cheaper than cutting it into the small spire and you really get the same end result.  The small spire cut it $6,500 and the heart cut is $1,000.  Both will transform to a very nice $40,000ish large spire.  You don't have to put it in a garden or on the yard for it to happen, though.  I just put mine on the floor or on a table.  As long as they have some space around them, they'll do it.

Yeah, but don't they just cut themselves?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »
I'll test this method on the Sim I have who has the rocks from board breaking in Sunset Valley. His gems wouldn't grow unless they were spire-cut, this would definitely up the profit margin on those. As to why they wouldn't grow, that's still a mystery -- must be that travel effect people have brought up.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
The raw Tiberium appears to transform only when the Sim travels with the Tiberium in inventory.  So, any Tiberium found in the wild will transform once your Sim gets back home because it's only available in foreign locations, which requires travel to return home.  For Tiberium gotten by breaking space rock blocks, you need to have it cut for it to transform.

Carl, I've had many heart cut Tiberium gems transform to the full size spire cut that's worth $40,000.  Just make sure you don't set them too close together when they come back from the gem cutters.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
The raw Tiberium appears to transform only when the Sim travels with the Tiberium in inventory.  So, any Tiberium found in the wild will transform once your Sim gets back home because it's only available in foreign locations, which requires travel to return home.  For Tiberium gotten by breaking space rock blocks, you need to have it cut for it to transform.

Carl, I've had many heart cut Tiberium gems transform to the full size spire cut that's worth $40,000.  Just make sure you don't set them too close together when they come back from the gem cutters.

My sim got one from a space rock and it transformed, but that was after she'd gone to France and I left the Tiberium in the base camp.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 02:07:26 PM »
Raw tiberium is inert, but if you leave it on the sim's inventory until the sim gets the sick moodlet from it, it activates and it will eventually cut itself (activated tiberium is of different color and glows, just like cut tiberium). So no need to travel with it

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »
I'm sorry to sound dumb, but I have only dealt with it once, it made my sim very sick from having it, and I have no idea what its about... something about growing it?
Doesn't that require some Omni-Plant
just curious.
Is it listed somewhere in the guild for me to look for?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »
LivvieLove -

I believe that Tiberium is something that Carl's still working on for the guide.  There has been a lot of debate and conflicting information about it.  My personal experience is that Tiberium only makes my Sim sick if he carries it while traveling or carries it after it's cut to heart shape.  Once your Sim is getting sick from it (whether it's raw or cut), you just need to remove it from inventory and place it somewhere on your lot.  It doesn't matter where, as long as there's nothing directly beside it.  In a short time, it will morph into the large spire cut that's worth so much money.  It doesn't reproduce or grow beyond that one morphing stage.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 07:41:39 AM »
I have never gotten mine cut before, just returned home from vacation and put in the yard or somewhere and have never gotten less than 38,000, didnt know you could get it cut and it would grow without going on vacation.  Ya learn something new everyday, lol....will have to try.  My girl gets tiberium all of the time when doing space rock, she got two in a row and so I thought I had to take her to another country for her to get sick.  Thanks for the info.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 04:36:17 AM »
I know almost nothing about gem cutting in this game.  I think I found some topaz or something in the graveyard and sent it off to be cut, but only emarald cut came up.  It didn't seem to be worth all that much money.  I checked Carl's guide and couldn't find anything about it, but then, I'm sometimes good at missing things.  Is there a guide or forum post someone could point me in the direction of?
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 09:12:21 AM »

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 04:04:38 AM »
Ah, collecting!  That does make sense.  Thank you muchly!
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »
Did some experimenting, skull tiberium only gets you around 6000 simoleons, I actually thought if I got a skull it would be worth a fortune, so I guess the only thing you can do is just have the large spire cut.  I had a heart shaped and a small spire and neither one of them grew into a large spire.  She has had as high as five in her inventory, so I just took her and vacation and came back and grew them that way.  Oh well, I tried.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »
I had a heart shaped and a small spire and neither one of them grew into a large spire.

When you set them out of your inventory, be sure to have some space around each of them.  If there is something directly next to it, there's no space for it to morph.  Otherwise, I don't know why your cut Tiberiums didn't morph.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog