Author Topic: Problems After Patch 1.3  (Read 8748 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Problems After Patch 1.3
« on: April 29, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »
Is it just me or is everyone having some of these problems since the patch?

1. EXTREME slo-mo, jerky movements and lag.  It makes it almost impossible to place things in build mode.  I had some of this before the patch but now it's so much worse the game is almost unplayable.

2.  On saying yes to the patch, it ate all my previous games and I can no longer play them even though the files for them are still there.  I lost all my CAS saved Sims, all my patterns, colors, etc.  I would like to continue to play the game I was on but have no idea how to access it.  Almost had most of my heroes to level 10 so it's more than frustrating.

On the slo-mo.  I recently removed my I-tunes stuff so no music on my pc.  I also removed all my videos and thousands of photos.  I defragged after that.  I turn off EADM and my anti-virus.  I have cleared out the unnecessary files and have gone into msconfig to remove background stuff that runs at startup.  All my specs are more than within the requirements.  My drivers are updated.  I do not play with my browser on.  I'm really at my wits end not knowing what more I can do.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Medieval Problems after patch
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
The only problem I've experienced so far is that all the sims in CAS are invisible.  Both the ones I created and the ones that were in there before.  I can click  on them and bring them up on the pedestal, but their icons are gone.  I have to guess and click multiple pictures to find the one I'm looking for.

As for the other problems you mentioned, Joria, I haven't played the game much since the patch, so I haven't experienced those problems, but that doesn't mean I still won't.  But the ambition I was playing is still intact, thank goodness.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:40:34 PM »
Schip I had that problem at first also.  I just got distracted in mid-rant about the game to my hubby and when I looked back several minutes later they were very slowly showing up.  It took a good minute or two for each icon to fill once it started.  Mine, of course, were gone.

----------
My No Buy Story

chadgar24

Merchant not getting all his money
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
So my merchant went out to sea and traded about 6 different suits of armor, and the box popped out of the side said I sold this armor for $$$, that armor for $$$.  However, my funds only increased about a third of the amount I should have got.  So I tried it again, using wildflowers, same deal.  I sold 2 different types of flowers, but it only gave me the money for one of them in my funds.  Has anyone else had problems with not getting all your profits?  I wonder if you are suppose to only have one type at a time?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: Merchant not getting all his money
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »

I have had the same issue and thought I was seeing things when the pricing popped up in that box :o

For example, according to the Prima Guide, seeds sell in Tredony for 4 Simoles each while the pop-up box shows you earning approximately 20 Simoles each, but in reality you only made the 4 Simoles per seed.  Granted the Prima Guide is sometimes wrong, but in this case I think the figures are closer to being correct than the pop-up box. 

I don't pay attention to the pop-up box anymore as I can usually see that I have ended the day with more money than I started out with.  I am not sure if Merchants at different levels would earn more Simoles per item, nor have I tested it if the Merchant had the 'Haggler' trait would make more.  Would be interesting to try out. 
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

chadgar24

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
I did a search online, seems other people have noticed the same problem.  It only seems to occure when you have multiple TYPES of a tradable good (differnt suits of armor for example).

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
...nor have I tested it if the Merchant had the 'Haggler' trait would make more.  Would be interesting to try out. 

Hagglers make more money than non-Hagglers, but not because they sell items at higher prices. They buy items at a 20% discount.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »
I am so angry and upset over how the game is running now I'm ready to give it up.  As a matter of fact, I quit playing two hours short of my usual time.  Today it took me all day to complete two quests and to add three buildings, two of them fixed up the way I want them but I just could not face the third one.  It literally took my monarch 5 minutes, (I timed it), to get from the forest to the path to the village, and we don't even want to talk about how long it took her to patrol to Crafthole.

It was sometimes pretty jerky and often slo before, but now it is pretty near unplayable.  Before if it got that way I'd check to see if something needed fixing, like restart the game, clean out files, the usual stuff.  After doing that it would work ok again.  I think the things they fixed just added so much more draw on resources my pc can't keep up.  I'm perfectly willing to do whatever it would take to make it work better/faster so if any of you pc wizards out there know what I would need for my one year old compaq, using Windows 7, I'd love to know.  Otherwise it was just a huge waste of my time and money to try this game that I was enjoying until now.  What would be the best graphics card and/or drivers forinstance.  ANYTHING to make it work.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:03:12 AM »
That is horrible Joria.  It sounds like you have done everything I would suggest.  Maybe, you could try deleting your caches if you can find them. Maybe even reinstalling the game might help.  I don't think that much was changed that should affect your game to such an extent.  I hope you can get it sorted.  Selfishly, I have enjoyed your posts and I will miss them.

I have not noticed any difference in my game.  I lost the progress I made on one quest but everything else seems to be the same.  Someone on another forum thought the thumbnails were very slow in CAS, as if EA has forgotten to cache them. 

Frozenoj

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 02:29:07 AM »
My game is a little jerkier than normal, but not so much that it is unplayable. Trying to rotate things in buy mode is a nightmare, but I've got most of my buildings how I want them already. Two of my heroes just got married so I moved the wizard equipment over to the barracks and positioning that took forever, but I don't expect to do that again for a while.

I also have the invisible sims in CAS but my saved sims still seem to be there.

chadgar24

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 07:04:28 AM »
Would someone else mind sending thier merchant out to import with 2 different types of an item (plants and herbs for example) and see if they are in fact getting all the money they should be.  I would make a note of your current funds, go trade (import) your goods, and compare the amounts it says you recieved to what is actually in your funds.
I would really appreciate it,
thanks!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
I don't know what your computer's specs are, but does it have the capacity for more RAM? Depending on how much RAM you have already that may help. Your computer may have more slots for more RAM, or you can replace the one/s it has with bigger ones. My initial thoughts were tweeking the virtual memory, but apparently it won't make a significant difference, and may make it a little faster, but could make it even slower if it is not set right. If it's something you're interested in trying (I've never done it myself) google 'virtual memory, speed up game'. The first few topics on answers.yahoo gave some helpful information on how to do this, and what it actually does.

You could also try a virus and malware scan to make sure you don't have a something eating up your system resources. Check the performance bar in task manager, and the processes list to see if anything seems to be using a lot memory.

That's all I can think of myself. You've covered just about everything already. I hope you manage to get it working.

You can check if you meet the minimum, or better yet, recommended game requirements here:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
If you don't meet one or more requirements, it will tell you which ones.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 02:17:06 PM »
Thanks everybody.

Chuckles, I'm not sure if it can take more RAM but my dh will check that out for me.  Meanwhile I'll do the other steps you mentioned.  I totally forgot about checking processes etc. which may be the case.  No virus, thank heaven.  I already ran a check on that and will run malware today also.  Forgot that one too!  Thanks so much.  It may help, or may not but definitely worth a shot.

I was thinking maybe my video card wasn't good enough.  I've got an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT.  I just checked and noticed there are ways to change some of the settings on it for Sims3 but saw nothing for Medieval and really, I wouldn't know what to change if anything.

----------
My No Buy Story

Chuckles_82

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »
I have a 9800 GT, so it is very close to the same as yours, and I'm having no problems with it at all. I read about some of the issues everyone is having, and checked it out in my game. The only thing I'm not up to checking is CAS.

I did also read something about people having problems if they had more than a dual core processor, and having to change their settings to use only 1 or 2 cores or something. I can't remember what problems they were having though.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »
No problems with processes.  That was pretty clean.  I did discover I had old files from my old game in the main folder so I removed them, can't play them anyway.  That helped a bit.  It's still taking a whole day to do one quest though.  Not quite as slow as it was but still an exercise in patience.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 09:33:53 PM »
I'm playing a merchant at the moment so will check that out.  You do get more money on sales when you are higher levels.  By the time you are level 10 you are really reaping in a lot of cash.

EDIT:  Ok, my merchant was supposed to receive $4, 350 from sales but instead received $2,575.  !!  What's up with that?  I do know prices fluctuate but there is a definite discrepancy from what the box says and what you get.  She sold multiple KINDS of swords.  Next time I'll try with one kind of sword and see what happens.

----------
My No Buy Story

chadgar24

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 06:49:24 AM »
All-righty then.  I bet if you looked at that box where it says what sold for what, you only got the money from the one listed on the bottom.  Very frustrating.  Must be a glitch, I will be letting EA know about it tomorrow.  If other members could let them know as well...a loud squeaky wheel gets the grease faster.
thanks!

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 08:57:35 AM »
Joria this is just a shot in the dark, but are you able to create a new user account, install Medieval on new account to see if you still encounter all these same problems?  I have a Mac that I use 95% of the time, and an older PC with XP, so I'm not all that knowledgeable in windows 7.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
You're right.  The amount I received was the amount the last items sold for.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »
I don't think so.  I could when I had XP but it was really very different from 7.  It seems like each OS has it's only little quirks and problems.  Finding something on 7 is supposed to be easier but it baffles me most of the time.

EDIT:  Ok, that's IT!  I AM DONE with this game.  At my age every second counts and I've wasted way too many of them trying to play a game that should be fun but no longer is.  I came so close to not only uninstalling it, but also pitching the disc.  The final straw was getting frozen in CAS and having to reboot my pc and lose everything I'd done.  I am OVER it.  When they finally fix it so everything works better I'll give it another shot but right now it's not worth the aggravation.  Fiesta here I come!

----------
My No Buy Story

chadgar24

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »
I called EA today to report this.  If anyone else is experiancing the same issue I strongly urge you to call 866-543-5425 and you can report this as well.  The gentleman I talked to said the more noise that is made about this the more likely it is a patch will come along.  I have a hard copy of the game for a PC if anyone was wondering.

pmcardle

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »
All of my interactions are not showing up.  Also there are blobs of color that show around some of the icons in kingdon mode.  When I open up the board at the bottom.. The interactions are gone. Nothing is working well for me. I even re-installed.. Not sure what to do.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »
I wish I had the answers to the ones that cannot play the game or the game is running very poorly.  I am not sure what kind of video cards you guys have, but some of the things sound like that could be part of the problem.  I know there are settings in some video cards themselves, but I just know about nVidia.  When I was having some problems with my dynasty, I adjusted some settings within my graphics card and of course, tweeked my game and when I installed Medieval, I did some more tweeking and finally got it to where I could play on high graphic settings.  I wish I could help more or had more information.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 03:24:31 PM »
Salty, I have an nvidia  graphics card as well and noticed the other day that were settings.  I did not mess with it at all for fear of really messing things up.  I did lower the graphics in my game to medium all the way around which left it less attractive but I figured I'd rather play than enjoy the scenery.  It didn't help.  I'm over my mad at the moment so, (picks crow feathers out of teeth), I'm going to fool around with those settings and give it a shot.  Do you remember what it was you adjusted and how?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 03:48:18 PM »
I know I changed my screen resolution to make the sims panel smaller and it really made it more crisp and I had to slow my mouse down after that, because it seemed to really speed it up and it made the picture more crisp.  If you have an nvidia control panel, you might want to go in and kind of look around.  I cannot for the life of me remember what else I did to improve the game.  I called my sister, because she is the one that initially found out what settings to use.  I do not want to guess at anything, because I would really feel bad if I told you to do something and it was wrong.  I wish I had more computer know how for things like this.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
Sigh.  I agree.  I also wish I had more computer know how.  Basically what I found was adjustments for 3d stuff and I figured better to suffer and leave it alone then mess something up.  I can change the size of the screen though.
I have a huge monitor, 27 inches, and I fill it corner to corner with the visuals so maybe if I toned it down it would be better.  Thanks for trying Salty!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
I would suggest making your picture smaller. I have a large monitor too, and a fairly powerful computer, but do not use all the screen real estate.  I am sure you will find the game will run faster.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Still another glitch?
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 03:09:08 AM »
Today my physician was crafting potions and I discovered every time she made a recipe the ingredients were used to make the potion but a second set of ingredients went from her craft table, which I had fully stocked, to her inventory!  I had to then replace them into the table but I've never had this happen before.  Anyone else had this?
Same thing with blacksmith.  As you use an item you've stocked, the game takes them from the stocked table or forge and places them in your backpack inventory along with the completed item.

EDIT:  Any other glitches you guys have noticed could be talked about here as well.  For instance, I had not noticed we don't get the full amount for our sea travel sales but only the amount for the last item sold.  If you have more than one kind of a type of item, like DIFFERENT swords, for sale, you only get the amount for the last type of sword you sold and not the entire amount of the sales.  This can definitely affect how you play your merchant and make sea trade a less than profitable venture.  Thanks to Chadgar for bringing that one to our attention!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: Still another glitch?
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 05:12:11 AM »

I usually don't stock the forge or the crafting tables so I would not have noticed this.  I will check it out when I play again tomorrow. 
That's really not a bad glitch/bug because at least they would never run out of ingredients that way ;)
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

chadgar24

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »
I have not noticed that because I never stock anything.  but next time I play I will try stocking and check it out

Dusty_Monk

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 07:55:36 AM »
I'm playing the Imperial Domination Ambition and have noticed that not all the effects are working. Gastrobury isn't offering recipes or affecting food. I also just annexed the territory that increases daily income by 25% (could be 20%) and that appears to have no effect. For the latter I checked daily incomes oin kingdom mode.

P.S. Could someone consolidate the 1.3.13 patch problems threads into one?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »
Dusty Monk that's a great suggestion.  Why not pm one of the mods, Pam or Metro for instance, and ask them to do that.  They like keeping things organized and it would organize these little problems.  Of course, this thread could be used for that purpose since I did not mention a specific glitch in my title.

As for the items never running out if they are in your backpack,  I think it could give you a false sense of security.  I stock my crafting tables to the max, 99 items each, for two reasons.  One it keeps my backpack empty so I know if I wind up with something unexpected in it, or can easily find a quest item to make sure I have it, and two I know if I have a lot of extras I can sell them for some ready cash.  It also tells me that unless it is a daily responsibility I don't have to take time doing any collecting.

If I had not just completely stocked my crafting table and had an empty back pack, I would not have known this was happening.  My first reaction, the first time I saw it was, "Huh?  I thought I had put everything in the table.  Guess I can sell these."  Of course I checked first and when I saw there was a need for the three items in that recipe I put them back in the table and watched to see what would happen with the next recipe I made.  It wasn't random either.  It was specifically the items required for a specific recipe that wound up back in the back pack along with the completed elixir.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Problems After Patch 1.3
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
I just merged a couple threads and retitled your first thread, Joria. I'll be on the lookout for more threads to put here, but at least this is a pretty obvious dumping ground where players can come and share their issues.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »
Thanks, Metro.  Did you find chadgar's thread on the sea trading/money thing?  That one definitely affects how you play your merchant.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »
Thanks, Metro.  Did you find chadgar's thread on the sea trading/money thing?  That one definitely affects how you play your merchant.

That's Salty's thread. And I found it, but it does not belong in this thread as the discussion is not specific to problems someone is having after they patched up to 1.3.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 01:38:22 PM »
No, Metro, I meant chadgar's thread  titled "Merchant Not Getting All His Money" which shows a specific problem after the patch.  Prior to the patch my merchant was able to rapidly become a millionaire as she received all the money listed in the pop up box for her sales.  Now, if you sell multiple types of an item you only receive the amount of money for the last item listed, making it much more difficult for sea trade to be as profitable.  I tested out chadgar's theory and for sure, the amounts listed did not match up with what the pop said I should have.  Instead I received the amount listed for the last item in the box.  I haven't tested it with two or more DIFFERENT items to see if the result is the same, but will the next time I'm playing a merchant.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 02:02:13 PM »
No, Metro, I meant chadgar's thread  titled "Merchant Not Getting All His Money" which shows a specific problem after the patch.  Prior to the patch my merchant was able to rapidly become a millionaire as she received all the money listed in the pop up box for her sales.  Now, if you sell multiple types of an item you only receive the amount of money for the last item listed, making it much more difficult for sea trade to be as profitable.  I tested out chadgar's theory and for sure, the amounts listed did not match up with what the pop said I should have.  Instead I received the amount listed for the last item in the box.  I haven't tested it with two or more DIFFERENT items to see if the result is the same, but will the next time I'm playing a merchant.

I just merged that thread into this one. There's pluses and minuses of doing that which I'm assuming you're aware of, but oh, well. ;)

anything