Author Topic: Lost... My Precious Axe  (Read 36862 times)

seekhunt

Lost... My Precious Axe
« on: January 10, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »
Hey all. So I was playing in Egypt and found a small rubble of stone. Nothing there. So I got my Sim to start digging it out to view the loot under it. But then I noticed he took the old "slow" axe out and started digging hard and slowly. And after looking in my Sim's inventory, I have somehow lost my Pangu's Axe.  >:( ??? :'(

I have no idea when this has happened or how. Now I have checked my house, my other Sims (his wife), everywhere. I know for sure that it's only my main Sim who always had the axe, and I must have sold it or something by accident.

I have searched the China place again but there's no "new" axe on the wall in the tomb. So without this axe, there's just something you can't complete because of the big boulders you need to smash only with the axe.

So, any others lost theirs or have some answer that could help?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: LOOOSSSSTT... my precious axe :-C
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »
Well, if you did sell it by accident ....

I know for sure that its only my main sim who always have had the axe, and i must have sold it or something by accident.

...then there's not much you can do about that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:41:40 PM »
There occurs some bad glitches now and then, but the thing you could do is to hit control-shift-c and type in "testingcheatsenabled true". Repeat control-shift-c and type in "buyDebug on". Now there's a new category in buy mode (sort by function) and in one of the subcategories you'll find the Pangu's axe to buy.

Type in "testingcheatsenabled false" and "buyDebug off", respectively, to cancel the cheats after you've bought that. It's technically a cheat, but there is absolutely no disgrace to cheat to reverse an unfair glitch! ;)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 02:42:21 PM »
Check your family inventory. I found it there once.

seekhunt

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »
have done the cheat.

but when i place the axe on a wall and go back to play mode it vanish.... and nope not in my fam. folder either
and well dont know IF i have sold it. but i dont have it / can find it

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
It vanished!? ???
Well, then it must be some continuing glitch that erases all Pangu's axes, because that cheat should've done the trick.
Sorry, but if that doesn't work, then I'm personally out of ideas...

I have to think this over, but I can't promise I can figure something out...
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

seekhunt

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
well only that i dont know when or how i lost the axe. and by that vanished ;-)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
But the one you tried to get through that cheat also disappeared (if I understand everything correctly), so, I'm not a computer expert but, it could be a bug that makes you unable to get/have a Pangu's axe. :-\

seekhunt

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »
yes. where ever i place the "buy axe" in my house or a community lot it always vanish

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Lost... My Precious Axe
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »
I found this thread on the official forum when looking for information on your problem. That you should look in the family inventory came up, but also the issue of it disappearing when you try to cheat. While nothing came up to fix the bug that causes the axe to vanish immediately upon entering live mode, it was suggested to delete boulders using cheats by shift-clicking them with testingcheats enabled. You'll be missing the effect of smashing the boulder but since your axe has vanished and seems irrecoverable this might be your only option for getting past them with that saved game.

seekhunt

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
Hmm. Can't somehow see the thread you link to. It just tells me I don't have the right to view the tread.

But yes, your second idea would of course be possible, but a bit boring. But if i get to those boulders, I guess that must be the way to "smash" them. :-)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »
Yeah cuz I am unaware of any debug cheats that relate to resetting adventures and things like that. This must be something they need to fix in the next patch, since you're not alone.

seekhunt

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
And being not alone, I just stumbled upon a lot of new forums with people talking about how they lost it, too.

But then, I found this: how to guide

But, of course it is still not showing on the wall. :-( Do I need to do something with the pc that the guide doesn't talk about to somehow link it etc.?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
Do I need to do something with the pc that the guide doesn't talk about to somehow link it etc.?

You're asking a question here about something on another site.  If we don't write it, we can't answer questions about it.  I'd suggest you ask the question on the site hosting the how to guide.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

seekhunt

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
oh well. could have been some of you have played around and build a tomb maybe.
but the thing is that on that site and the "youtube" page. the comment section have been disabled. so not much to go on here.

but well this was a long shot anyway, maybe also to help others. :)

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Unfortunately, I've tried the cheat to get the axe as well, (wanted to have two of them in my family...one for each sim) but it doesn't work. It does disappear every time you try to buy it and then go back into live mode. I'm not sure why other than it's just a special item that you can ONLY get by doing the adventure. I even created my own tomb once and tried to put the axe in there and it won't work that way either.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »
If this special axe is something you just hang on your wall where anyone in the house would then have access to, there's no need to have multiple axes. I've never done the quest to get the axe, but am I right? You just hang it on a wall and then the entire house can put it in their individual Inventories to use it?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »
I imagine that's correct, Metro.  The Axe can be moved to the inventory of any family member.  The hard part would be to remember to put it in the traveling Sim's inventory before leaving home.  However, the initial problem is that someone lost the Axe somehow and the cheat isn't letting it be purchased.  Or something. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 01:03:15 AM »
Yeah Metro, there can only be ONE axe per family. So if your whole family goes on vacation, and two sims are doing adventures, it's kinda difficult to keep changing it from one to the other's inventory. It would be nice if you could just have two of them. I had a situation not long ago where I had two sims adventuring and the guy didn't have the axe and so he couldn't complete his adventure until he got back to base camp and get the axe from his wife.

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 01:42:14 AM »
You could try to reset your foreign countries. That way, you would have to do all tombs again, but the boulder adventure should come up again in China, and the axe would be back in its cave. I am afraid I do not have the link right now where I saw the explanation how to reset the countries, but i have seen it on different forums, so it should not be hard to find with google.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 01:46:24 AM »
Yeah Metro, there can only be ONE axe per family. So if your whole family goes on vacation, and two sims are doing adventures, it's kinda difficult to keep changing it from one to the other's inventory. It would be nice if you could just have two of them. I had a situation not long ago where I had two sims adventuring and the guy didn't have the axe and so he couldn't complete his adventure until he got back to base camp and get the axe from his wife.

Why couldn't you just drag the axe from the wife's inventory over to the husband picture on the left of the screen?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

seekhunt

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 04:03:37 AM »
To IK. I have tried to delete the China files in my save folder and the tomb was then "not explored" but then I could not complete the tomb because i needed the special keys along the way to unlock the doors. Anyway with a little editing I finally came to the place where the axe should hang. But then yet again it was not there... go into buy mode and it hangs there.  ::)

So its a mouse and cat run about this axe i feel.

PS: but maybe i should delete the files again and see if the adventure for the axe comes up??

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 06:26:36 AM »

Why couldn't you just drag the axe from the wife's inventory over to the husband picture on the left of the screen?

I don't know....never tried that. Is that how you transfer something from one inventory to another? I always pull it out of one inventory and lay it on the ground and then drag it to the other inventory.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 11:42:56 AM »

I don't know....never tried that. Is that how you transfer something from one inventory to another? I always pull it out of one inventory and lay it on the ground and then drag it to the other inventory.

Ah!  Yes, that's how I did it at first, too.  But you can just drag the item from one inventory over to the left side of the screen and drop it on the picture of the Sim who needs it.  It will transfer to the new inventory just like that! 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
Ok, I can confirm that at least that buy cheat worked for me early (before I ever went on a vacation) to get the Pangu's axe. When I had just gotten WA I played around with all the cheats to see what it had in store for me, at least then I was fully able to cheat me a Pangu's axe.

Haven't tried that since I got my Pangu's axe the honest way, so maybe you just can't have two of them and that's why it's not working? Maybe I still can cheat to get it, I''ll try when I get the time.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 05:32:27 PM »
Well that's awesome Pam! <learn something new every day>   :D :D

seekhunt

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 04:47:04 AM »
Well I have in a way solved my problem for the moment. As someone wrote that it would seem like we can only have one axe per family. So I created a new sim, did the cheat, hang the thing on the wall. And sure enough my new sim could pick it off the wall as if it was the normal thing ever ::)

Now the next part is to get that sim to deliver it to my "normal play sim" but since the axe "vanish" again even if i put the axe in the other sims inventory its just not there if the 1. sim moves out.

So i deleted my baby sim and created a new "young age" sim and took him in as my own / adopted baby hehe.
And well this work. now i only need to go on a vacation with my main sim and see if the axe follows along.

Offline Nataruma

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 02:04:02 PM »
Out of curiosity, do you use any mods with your game? Sometimes that could affect the behaviour of objects and even sims, and I do know a good chunk of people use mods and don't take into account the fact that there could be conflicts.
Brother: You make your male sims pregnant?! Why would you do that???
Me: Divine retribution, for I am Sim-God.
Brother: Remind me never to ** you off.

seekhunt

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 05:13:28 AM »
When the first problem was happening with my axe. I can only think of using the "more opp." mod.

Apart from that, I don't use them, and I could with easy buying get a "new" sim to just take the axe down off the wall and give it to my main sim as it was the most normal thing to do. So I just think that it's going with that fact that it's "one family, one axe."

But fingers crossed, I have my axe back at the moment and I have been to china with it and smashed a boulder, too. But this is only working if you keep the "extra" sim in your household.

Offline Lark

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
I just used the buydebug cheat, placed the axe on a random wall, took it with my main sim and now it is in my family inventory and nothing happened to it. I've used it twice with my main sim though.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »
Well, apparently the trouble with that could be if you've already have the Pangu's axe, as there can just be one per family (at least for the people experiencing this bug). It worked for me as well in the beginning!
(Sorry y'all, but heavy workloads from school hinders me from trying if I can hold two at the same time as I said I would do a little while ago (why can't the world accept a Sims addiction???))

djlee777

Pangu's Axe
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 06:24:43 PM »
Today I was playing the Sims 3 and realized that my Pangu's Axe vanished from my inventory. I don't know if I sold it or not, but I want it back, and I DON'T WANT TO CHEAT.  The reason I don't is because this is one of my best games and I got there without cheating so can anyone help?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »
djlee, I merged your thread to this topic since it's the same information you need. Hope it helps.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 07:30:11 AM »
This seems to be a common bug. I...I cannot help you with it at the present. Sorry.

seekhunt

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »
Nope. Doesn't seem to be any "normal" way to get it back. Either start a whole new family Sim or cheat.

Or look at my post in this thread. I got a way to get the axe without cheating with your own sims in a way.

Other than that, we must just hope EA will get some kind of patch fix soon.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 08:24:08 AM »
I figured out a way to get the axe so that it doesn't disappear when you go back into live mode. When you are in a tomb, (with testingcheatsenabled and buydebug on) shift-click somewhere in the tomb so that you get the "Buy on this lot."  Go to the question mark category where all the tomb stuff is and get the pangu's axe and place it on a wall in the tomb. Then go back into live mode and it will still be there for your sim to take.

Not sure why it only works while inside a tomb.....but it does.  ;)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »
Oh, really!? Why didn't I think of that? Thanks RockinRobin, I'm sure this will help loads of people! ;D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »
You're welcome  ;)

I just decided to try that the other day while I had a sim exploring in Egypt and he was in a tomb at the time. I put the axe on a wall in the tomb and went back into live mode and my sim was able to walk over and take the axe. I was excited about it....especially since he hadn't even been to China yet and definitely needed the axe to clear all those rubble piles in the copper quarry.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »
RockinRobin,

The forum was recently moved to a new server and avatar images were lost.  Would you please upload your avatar to your profile again?  Thanks!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 06:53:55 PM »
Sure Pam....this might be a good time to do a new one. :)

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 02:01:11 AM »
Thanks, RockinRobin.
You're really helpful as I lost my Axe recently.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2010, 01:59:10 PM »
My axe disappeared after I had lost it somewhere in Egypt. I tried the tomb, but it didn't work.

Then I checked my family inventory and I had two of them O.o Anyhow, I'm still trying, maybe next time I'm in a tomb I'll see if it works now.

sims3blog

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 04:58:51 AM »
I figured out a way to get the axe so that it doesn't disappear when you go back into live mode. When you are in a tomb, (with testingcheatsenabled and buydebug on) shift-click somewhere in the tomb so that you get the "Buy on this lot."  Go to the question mark category where all the tomb stuff is and get the pangu's axe and place it on a wall in the tomb. Then go back into live mode and it will still be there for your sim to take.

Not sure why it only works while inside a tomb.....but it does.  ;)

Hey, I found this site while checking my statistics and saw that some one mentioned my site.

Method 1:
First of,  I want to mention that I figured out on my own how to get Pangu's Axe either at home
(by making your sims home like a tomb)

or just by cheating while in a tomb and placing the Axe in there.

If you want to do this at home,(from what worked with me no sim could be in the house)

press ctrl shift c,
insert "testingcheatsenabled true"  (Without quotes),
 press enter.
 Then press ctrl shift c again,
 insert " buydebug",
 press enter,

then go to the buydebug mode question mark,
 get Pangu's Axe on the wall.
 Then place those silver balls called tomb markers and place the processor which is a white computer ,

place them both NEAR the axe on the wall.

(in this case your sim cannot have another axe in their inventory, weird i know..).

From there go back into live mode then the axe should be visible.
Of course you will have to go back to buy mode and REMOVE the tomb marker and processor.
This is for if you DONT want to travel to do this.

Method 2:
 If your sim is already travelling enter any tomb.

Press ctrl shift c,

insert "testingcheatsenabled true", press enter.

Shift click the ground,

select "Buy here" and go into buy mode,

then press ctrl shift c ,

insert "buydebug" then press enter.

Then go to the buydebug mode which is the question mark,

and you should be able to place the axe.

Now since you are already in tomb you can leave your sim in there AND they can have multiple axes (say what?!),

I've had sims with 2 or 3 pangus axes lol.
 (to test out my theory)

This is stuff you can't make up but with the sims there are always ways to get around things...and travel glitches.

Sorry but the cheatsare the only way to really fix the "there's only one pangus axe" situation... At least for now.

I really hope this helps you guys.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 05:53:44 AM »
Hey All,

I found a way to get the axe without cheating but possible bending the rules somewhat.

I found this by playing around in France and looking at vacation houses.

Go into Edit town mode and then build/buy on 'The Old Nectary' (it's residential).  If you look at the little building Front Right of the lot there is a pile of ancient coins. If you click on them with the clone item/eyedropper tool in build or buy then the 'special adventure' buy menu opens and you can select Pangu's Axe. Stick it on the wall (or put two there if you are greedy) and save the lot.

When you are in 'Edit Town' again change the Lot to Community and then save the town.

When you visit the lot with your Sim you can take the axe off the wall (and the ancient coins) and Bob's you're uncle, you even get the ‘thank you for freeing me…’ little box when you pick it up.

This worked very well for me, my computer doesn't like the bigger maps of China and Egypt so I play in France a lot especially as I have discovered a love for nectar making. I have actually got this lot with all the plants and all the fish from the game so my Sims can go there and get them. Not laziness on my part, I have explored all the countries and done most (if not all) of the adventures but just felt this made my game play easier with my nectar making Sims. I really am in to the 'make a coffee whilst Egypt loads' bracket.

Let me know how you get on and if I’ve missed anything.

Cheers

AbyShep

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 07:23:22 AM »
lol, EA messed up there!  :D That could work for people who don't like testingcheats because it can be dangerous! (I swear by it sometimes  ;))
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 07:49:19 AM »
I thought that method of getting a new axe was discussed earlier in this topic, and that it was decided that it won't work for smashing boulders if you get a new axe this way.  Please double check and see if your new axe does the exact things that the original axe will do.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »
Sorry if I doubled up on a post or reply. I thought that the other methods described were using the cheats but this is not using those just being a bit creative in zoning etc.

Yes my axe works very nicely and it's not disappeared and has smashed several boulders since I’ve got it.

In fact I've been home from France made more nectar and returned and smashed more boulders.

As far as I can see it works as well as the one I got in China (with a different Sim)

It might be different for people who have lost the axe as my Sim never had one and simply got it in France to use there.  I have had a Sim who previously had the axe and has lost it (like so many others it seems). I’ll do some tests with him when I get home from work tonight and let you know.

Cheers

AbyShep

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 04:46:55 PM »
Thanks AbyShep.  I'm glad to know that your method works to smash the boulders.  And thanks for clarifying.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »
Update:

I tried the above method with my Sim who lost her axe and it didn't work. Every time I put the thing on the wall it disappeared.

Sorry, I guess that means you are back to square one on this.

Result of my testing is that using Testingcheats or my workaround is fine if you've not had Pangu's axe but won’t work if you have had it.

Cheers

Aby

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 10:52:26 AM »
Abyshep, did you put the axe in a tomb? Apparently, that can make it 'stick around' even in live mode.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »
Abyshep, did you put the axe in a tomb? Apparently, that can make it 'stick around' even in live mode.

No, I tried at home and in France but wanted to get on with my career challenge! Getting hooked on those challenges ;D

I'll have another play over the weekend and report back later.

AS

Edited to say: I remember now that I changed the zoning of the Old Nectary to Tomb/Landmark but it still wasn't there. I'll give it a try in the tomb where the axe should be. AS

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 11:44:10 AM »
Edited to say: I remember now that I changed the zoning of the Old Nectary to Tomb/Landmark but it still wasn't there. I'll give it a try in the tomb where the axe should be. AS
Just for the record: If I have understood everything correctly, this 'trick' has more to do with having those tomb-mark objects (hovering invisible, shiny metal orbs) in the room than having the lot-zoning to tomb.

mtgradwell

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2010, 12:52:36 PM »
I could be totally wrong, but my guess is that when people report that the axe is disappearing when placed upon a wall, what's happening is that the axe is still there, it's just invisible. In that case, buying another axe wouldn't work if you're only allowed one axe per family.

I find that paintings sometimes become invisible. This usually happens when they are placed in an unusual location, such as on the outside of a building instead of in a room, or in a stairwell right next to the stairs. When you hang the axe on a wall then logically it's just another wall hanging, just like the paintings, so the same rules should apply.

If I'm right then the solution is to have the walls up instead of cutaway. This should make the axe visible. Then keep it in your inventory, or hang it in a more conventional location where it is sure to be visible at all times.

Vigil80

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2010, 04:03:05 AM »
I'm not so sure. I seem to recall losing my axe, but I never had it anywhere besides my main sim's inventory.

Kind of hard to believe this is still a problem. I'm a Sims fan, no doubt about it. But maybe it's time to take a break from expansion making and put out a nice big patch.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 11:28:33 PM »
I just kicked a household member out, and right after that noticed Pangu's Axe in the family inventory. I put it back in the chest where it was before, and am hoping it will still be there after I save the game. The weird thing is, the person who left the household had never interacted with the axe before.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline embo0419

• Nooboo
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
in case someone ever has this issue ever again lol, i randomly hung up another axe on another wall, close to where the axe is suppose to be with the "testingCheatsenabled on" and then "buydebug on" cheat.. and then went to live mode and it was there. Both showed up actually.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 10:37:50 PM »
in case someone ever has this issue ever again lol, i randomly hung up another axe on another wall, close to where the axe is suppose to be with the "testingCheatsenabled on" and then "buydebug on" cheat.. and then went to live mode and it was there. Both showed up actually.

Welcome to our Forum.

Even though the axe showed up, were you able to take it and use it like the original?  Does it still have the powers?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline aisile

• Nooboo
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 06:41:42 AM »
I see that this is an old thread, so perhaps nobody is interested in another solution. Also, seeing as Sims4 exists these days, I don't know if anyone's still playing good ol' S3. At least I am. ;)

I did however stumble into this thread when cursing my lost axe, and tried all the solutions mentioned above. It seems to me that the buydebug cheat does not work to retrieve the axe for a Sim who has already owned the axe. I haven't tried with another family member, but I'm guessing this goes for the entire household.
I didn't want to start right-clicking and 'deleting' the boulders by hand, it just felt wrong, so I really badly wanted to have the axe (or any axe really) returned to me instead, for the full boulder-smashing experience.
Oh, and I should say that the problem for me arose when I moved out the parents in the family to a new home. Neither of them had retrieved the axe (their daughter did) and neither had ever used or touched the Axe. It just seems to be some bug related to splitting up the household.

Anywho.. I went on searching the almighty net and found this item posted on the Sims 3 community:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2269338#

It is a storage lot, with a treasure chest inside holding a brand new Pangu's Axe. I tried it with my Sim who has previously owned an axe, and it worked just fine! Smashing too. I first tried installing the lot in my home town, and then went on to install one of these lots in China too. I probably will install one in Egypt and France too if it ever goes missing again (which it probably will, seeing as it's not the last time I will split up my household).
Also, I guess this solution goes under the 'no cheat' solution, at least I would reckon it to be cheat-free since you don't have to use neither testingcheatsenabled nor buydebug. It's smashing, come to think of it.  ;D

anything