Author Topic: Things Sims Will or Won't do Autonomously  (Read 74470 times)

Leto85

Re: Things Sims Will or Won't do Autonomously
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
Ever since I got my free hot tub from uploading my memories, my Sims won't stop using it. I didn't think the hot tub would even work, since I don't have Late Night or Outdoor Living, but it works quite well. Again, the only Sim that didn't use the hot tub (or other water activities) autonomously was Nick Alto. He acts like a cat when you try to get him to use any water related stuff.  :D

Maybe he's afraid of water. I don't remember he having the hydrophobic trait or not though.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
Maybe he's afraid of water. I don't remember he having the hydrophobic trait or not though.

He does have the hydrophobic trait. That might be his only friendly trait. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »
My Apocalypse Challenge Sim, Amelia Banana, brushes her teeth. A lot. Seriously, during pregnancy, all she did was brush her teeth. :-\

EDIT: :o I got her name wrong! Her name is Amanda Banana.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2011, 05:34:35 PM »
Charlie Sheen started autonomously talking to himself in the middle of the street in one of my games. He did stuff his face a few times, and then he started dancing to the kids station.  :D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2011, 07:17:30 PM »
Charlie Sheen started autonomously talking to himself in the middle of the street in one of my games. He did stuff his face a few times, and then he started dancing to the kids station.  :D

Would Mr Sheen be childishly insane?  Or insanely childish, if you prefer.   ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »

Charlie only has one word on the subject: WINNING!!!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2011, 09:26:52 AM »
I know now since Generations came out, my newly married sims will "get frisky" and then woohoo on their own.  "Get frisky" now is the same as woohoo, which I thought was kinda neat. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
I know now since Generations came out, my newly married sims will "get frisky" and then woohoo on their own.  "Get frisky" now is the same as woohoo, which I thought was kinda neat. :)

'Get frisky?' Never heard of that before. And I do have installed my game in English. Is it called that way in circumstances or so? In my game it's woohoo, no matter if I send them to the shower or bed (haven't tried out treehouse yet).

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2011, 11:03:10 AM »
After your sims get married, click on the "romantic" interaction and "get frisky" is there.  I believe it is only if the sims are married though. :)

Leto85

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2011, 11:07:01 AM »
What does frisky mean? I've got a translation myself, but I'm wondering if it's the right one. I don't think you can do anything with it, but the Dutch translation is 'Dartel.'

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »
Basically in the game when you click on "get frisky", the one sim tickles the other one and then they go to the bedroom.  It is a pre woohoo thing for the married sims.   :)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
Mr.Sheen is just an insane party animal. He's not childish, just loves the kids station.

On the other hand, Gary Busey didn't stop to eat, sleep or go to the bathroom when he was at his inventor table, on my first ever short lived game with the Ambitions Expansion. There's a reason why the game was short lived. He finally caught himself on fire at about 7pm Week One, Day One, just after peeing himself. (He didn't stop to use the toilet). Now, with my inventors, I have to use "testingcheatsenabled true" to keep their needs up, every time they invent.

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2011, 03:10:44 AM »
Just wondering Schipperke, how on earth you manage to micro manage all your sims in challenge games since freewill is on high?  That's about the hardest part to the challenges involving lots of sims, well for me anyway.

Anyway, my most annoying habit of almost any sims I have played is the (edited for profanity - saltypaws) sprinkler - every time I turn my back there they are, out in their bathers playing in the water, - hunger motive is getting low, sleep getting low, babies hungry, dirty and tired etc - but no, its way to important to get wet at night in the sprinkler.  ::)
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »
@kaibilly 

I edited your post for profanity, please be more careful in future posts with language.  If your not sure of something, just read the forum rules again.  Thanks.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »
Just wondering Schipperke, how on earth you manage to micro manage all your sims in challenge games since freewill is on high?  That's about the hardest part to the challenges involving lots of sims, well for me anyway.

Yeah, it can be challenging, Kaibilly.  What I do is play slowly - usually on the lowest speed - and pause a lot.  It takes me a long time to get things done, but that's ok - I'm not in a race.  Queuing up actions for Sims to do helps, as long as they stay on track.  And if I have a Sim that needs my attention for some reason (usually a social situation where I have a particular goal in mind), I try to line up activities for the other Sims to do that will keep them out of trouble and occupied for a while - painting, sculpting, reading several books, anything that takes time to finish.

And I completely agree with you about how annoying the Sims and their sprinklers can be.  In the Clan Douglas Dynasty, whenever the Elders escaped from my control, they'd always head for the sprinklers.  Did they really think I enjoyed seeing them run around in their swim suits?   ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

anything