Author Topic: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETED! (The final chapter)  (Read 255162 times)

Offline Cugi-terl

• Llama Wrangler
Awesome update.
I'm glad it's Zeke, he's yummy :D
Congrads on the 5th immortal, you're nearly there :)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 63: Erinome)
« Reply #496 on: July 26, 2011, 03:50:03 AM »
My name is Erinome, but most people call me Erin. I am the sixth Moon of Jupiter.

I was born into a long line of immortals living under one roof, all with one goal in mind: saving my great-great-great-great grandmother from the peril that she was facing.
To me, it had always sounded like one of the fantasies that I write about in my books. If it weren’t for my many grandmothers living in the house with me, I wouldn’t be able to believe it to be true. Yet here they were, and here was I.

According to my mother, everyone’s lives had been about focusing on the requirements for saving Great-Grandma Luna. They’d achieve a lot as children and teens, and be ready to marry and have children by the time they turned into a young adult.

Me? I have a boyfriend whom I love, but we’re not ready to take it further. We’re happy as we are – living in separate houses, living life while we can. In fact, we’d prefer not to have children.
However, knowing my situation, I know I will have to. If I don’t, my family will be disappointed in me for eternity, and that’s something I couldn’t live with.

As I approached my adult birthday, things were going well for me. I’d spent most of my life writing fantasy novels – it wasn’t hard to come up with stories after living in a house of immortals. Just before my adult birthday, my hard work had finally paid off – I had become level 10 in the writing career.

Although it was a requirement for me to become immortal, I’d never viewed my writing as a task. It was something that set me free; something that gave me a chance to leave reality every now and then. It was a freedom that I never took for granted, and would be something I would always love.

My family had always been there for me, but one person in particular made my life brighter. That was my grandfather, Cameron. Although I was approaching adulthood, he was still around and kicking at the age of 132. I was thankful that he had been given an extended life – he was my best friend, and the first person I’d turn to in a crisis.

One afternoon, he called me over.
“Erin, darling, I have something I want to tell you,” he said. There was something about him that was strange. He was wearing his smile as always, but his eyes seemed glazed – like he was sleep-walking. But he wasn’t asleep; I knew he was awake.
“My little girl,” he said brightly, pulling me into a hug. I always felt so safe in my Grandad’s arms. He had been my protection for so long.

“Now, listen to what I have to say. Listen carefully.”
I nodded at him, curious about the way he was acting.
“Take the stairs down into the immortal museum. Go down the second flight of stairs, and stop. Turn to the back wall. Look at the corner,” he continued.
I was confused as to why he would ask me to do this, but he continued to talk before I had time to ask.
“My darling, know that I love you. Your time will come soon.”

Now I was feeling uneasy, but as I went to question what he meant, he put his fingers to my lips.
“Trust me,” he spoke quietly, wearing his special smile that he shared with me, and only me, over many years.
I smiled back to him, starting to feel more curious than uneasy.

I turned to go down to the immortal museum, when Grandad Cameron yelled out.
“One more thing. Know that I love you, Erin. I’ve had a blessed life.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cugi-terl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #497 on: July 26, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
Great update as always. :D Can't wait to see how this will unfold, though I am a bit sad, it seems to me like Grandpa Cameron is about to kick the bucket. That's really sad.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #498 on: July 27, 2011, 10:53:05 AM »
Ooh, Alex that was great. Erin really is a looker, her Eyes are really spectacular!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2011, 03:39:37 AM »
Sorry, I forgot to say that I'll be gone for a little while. Some things have popped up in my life, and they're more important that The Sims at the moment. I don't know when I'll be back, but it may be a while.

Offline bekkaruella

• Llama Wrangler
  • Oh no! Don't eat the baby!
« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2011, 02:05:49 PM »
I just wanted to say that this story was the reason I joined this website!  Alex, you have a wonderful style of writing!  I really love this story and I hope that you will post a continuation soon!
God created Pie when He wanted a snack.  Pie was very pretty so lots of cute boys wanted her attention.  Eventually she ended up marrying a Greek god (Erebus) and having a child named Rebekah Ruella Felucia, nicknamed Bekka. <br />Bekka grew older and became the second vampire to exist, and is 9,086,753,423 years old.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2011, 07:25:53 AM »
Oh, wow. I'm touched. Thank you so much.
I will continue this story, but it may be a while down the track, I'm sorry.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #502 on: August 24, 2011, 07:59:47 AM »
That's ok.  Take whatever time you need, and deal with real life.  It's important, even if it's less fun then Simming. :P 

Hope you're ok!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #503 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »
I to hope that you will be able to continue with this story again one day.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #504 on: August 26, 2011, 04:18:50 PM »
I agree with everyone else, this dynasty is amazing (I've read it all in one go!)

I'm sorry that things aren't going well for you at the moment, and I hope they will improve. In the meantime, I'm going to download Callisto and look forward to the next chapter, whenever it may be posted.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #505 on: September 02, 2011, 06:33:25 PM »
Alexandria, you have a great story.  Don't rush back! We can wait patiently

Offline bekkaruella

• Llama Wrangler
  • Oh no! Don't eat the baby!
« Reply #506 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
We can wait patiently
Ehhhh... hopefully! ;)
God created Pie when He wanted a snack.  Pie was very pretty so lots of cute boys wanted her attention.  Eventually she ended up marrying a Greek god (Erebus) and having a child named Rebekah Ruella Felucia, nicknamed Bekka. <br />Bekka grew older and became the second vampire to exist, and is 9,086,753,423 years old.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #507 on: September 20, 2011, 03:59:15 AM »
Good news everyone. I've actually got a chapter to post in the next ten minutes.
Thank you all for waiting so patiently by this story. It means a lot to me!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 64: The Chamber)
« Reply #508 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:44 AM »
Trusting in what my grandfather had told me, I made my way down the stairs towards the immortal museum. My emotions were mixed – I was curious to see what I was after, excited to be on an adventure similar to in the stories that I’d wrote, but also nervous about the way Grandpa Cameron had spoken to me before I followed his instructions.
As I got to the back wall, I noticed something I’d never seen before. There was a crack in the wall.

I walked up to the wall to inspect it, and was shocked to find it wasn’t just a crack – there was a hidden door.
I pushed it open and eased my way through the short tunnel.  It opened into a curious chamber.

There wasn’t much in the room – a small stone table, with a few ornaments, two shelves and a bit of rubble.

I walked up to the shelves to see what they held. There were a few books, covered in so much dust that I couldn’t make out what the titles were.
I reached out and took one off the shelf.

Almost instantly, all the lights went out. I dropped the book in shock.
Panic rose over me as the room began to shake.

I turned to face a noise coming from behind the shelves when all of a sudden, the shelves fell to the side. To my horror, something came moving out of the wall. A face.
I screamed in fear.

“Erinome Copernicus,” the voice said in a deep, hollow voice. I stared at it with wide eyes. Despite the fact that it had used an unfamiliar last name, the statue had certainly said my first name correctly. It knew who  I was; that I was sure of.

“I come to talk of something you’re unsure about. Your future. Your commitments,” it continued.
“Your family has suffered greatly through the generations, losing loved ones while clinging to the hope of relieving an ancestor from the grips of pain. I know you’re unsure. Don’t be fooled by the thought that all your grandmothers believed in that immortality would revive a soul that was so lost.”

“Who are you?” I asked, aware that the statue wasn’t talking to me directly, but more relaying a message as an answering machine would.
“I know it’s hard to believe, but please do believe. Believe in me; set me free”.
The room fell silent.

I thought for a moment, trying to grip what just happened.
After a few moments, I looked up in shock.
“Grandmother Luna?” I gasped, finally understanding what had just occurred.

I walked toward the stone, resting my hand on its head. Although my family had told me the tales all along, I never could quite believe. It sounded more like the tales you’d find in a fantasy novel.
“Grandma Luna, I know you never had reason to believe in me, especially after I failed to believe in you, but I promise I’ll make you proud. I promise we’ll save you,” I spoke as tears rolled down my cheek.

I wiped away the tears and took a deep breath. What needed to be done wasn’t hard – it was hardly a task at all. All I needed to do was marry Zeke and bring a child into this world; marry the love of my life and have a baby.
It was probably the most wonderful task that could have been appointed to me.

I pushed my way back through the tunnel, excited to invite Zeke over. Excited to begin my life.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Moons of Jupiter: An Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 64: The Chamber)
« Reply #509 on: September 20, 2011, 04:16:39 AM »
Wow, great job getting the screen captures you wanted to tell this part of the story! They're really wonderful, how'd you get her to lean on the face statue like that? So cool! Awesome Update!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.