Author Topic: What's the difference between Teen Sims Young Adult Sims and Adult Sims?  (Read 4918 times)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
The Sims 3 game is different because,I now have Generations,and Seasons installed,but in terms of appearence what's the difference between Teen Sims Young Adult Sims and Adult Sims i know Adult Sims have lines and wrinkles just not as much as Elders do how do you tell the difference between Teen Sims and Young Adult Sims.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: What's the difference between Teen Sims Young Adult Sims and Adult Sims?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »
Are teens not noticeably shorter than adults in your game? That's the big one. They have a less "mature" build than adults (not as curvy and/or broad-shouldered) and teen girls have a puffier face and lips than YAs.

Also, hover over their picture in the relationship panel and count the traits because teens have four traits, barring pre-mades who came with one missing like Lisa Bunch or Kaylynn Langerak.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 03:00:33 PM »
I think their shorter stature and more youthful looks are about the only physical differences between teens and young adults. Though, unless you have mods, teens and YA's cannot interact romantically.  Elders have lines and wrinkles and lose a lot of their physique once they become one, but when my YA sims age to adult, they don't look much different to me at all.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »
@deedee_828 this was discussed many years ago about the Immortal Dynasty rules (with the very good question of "couldn't someone just paint two YA or adult portraits and say they got one each for both stages") and it's what got me to finally tell the difference between YAs and adults: the cheeks and jawline. The jaw is more angular and the cheeks slim out. The wrinkles adults get are very subtle but I've gotten to know how to look for them I guess.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Trip. I guess I haven't looked that closely as I barely see a difference between YA and Adult sims.

My females usually revert back to a previous age up hairstyle, but if I give them back the one they had for YA, they look pretty much the same, to me anyway. lol

But with your knowledge in hand, I went back and checked out my Sim Odette, before and after her Adult birthday.
After looking closely at several photos, I did notice a sharpening of her cheekbones, a more narrow jawline, and a hint of laugh lines around her nose and mouth!

So the difference, though subtle, is there between YA and Adult sims. :)

Though I wish they aged a bit more gradually between Adult and Elder as that transformation is usually quite a shock! lol

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 06:38:09 PM »
Are teens not noticeably shorter than adults in your game? That's the big one. They have a less "mature" build than adults (not as curvy and/or broad-shouldered) and teen girls have a puffier face and lips than YAs.

Also, hover over their picture in the relationship panel and count the traits because teens have four traits, barring pre-mades who came with one missing like Lisa Bunch or Kaylynn Langerak.
in my game no the teen sims are noticeably shorter than the young adults apart three male sims they are taller than some of the young adults.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 01:56:56 PM »
Perhaps take a look at this page: The Sims 3 - Teenagers

Without mods imapcting Sim height, teenagers are about a head shorter than grownups and feature a rounder, less defined facial structure. They retain some puppy fat, so to speak. They walk differently and have a different bodyshape, as already explained, than grownups due to their "skeleton" being squashed in order to fit within a shorter stature.

If you are using a height slider mod, then we can't tell you how that impacts your Sims. General teen info found in the link above.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 05:49:29 AM »
Perhaps take a look at this page: The Sims 3 - Teenagers

Without mods imapcting Sim height, teenagers are about a head shorter than grownups and feature a rounder, less defined facial structure. They retain some puppy fat, so to speak. They walk differently and have a different bodyshape, as already explained, than grownups due to their "skeleton" being squashed in order to fit within a shorter stature.

If you are using a height slider mod, then we can't tell you how that impacts your Sims. General teen info found in the link above.
I wonder what the difference is between Teens Young Adults,and Adult in terms of body frame.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 07:31:06 PM »
Alright the body/face differences of TS3 teens is one of those things that doesn't get discussed much since the height difference gives them away for anyone not using a height mod (and historically, mod-free play was most of this forum and still lingers). So enjoy the pictures.

Female teen face vs. Female YA face

Female teen full body vs. Female YA body

Male teen face vs. Male YA face

Male teen full body vs. Male YA full body

The teen versus YA height difference

Takeaways: teens have a shorter, wider face and puffier lips (it was hard to see on my boy since he decided to pull a face, but he had a more prominent lower lip as a teen). Female teens have a wider waist/narrower hips, male teens also have a wider waist. Both teens have less "shapely" legs. Without any height mods, they are half a head shorter than YA+ sims.