Author Topic: The Byron Dynasty [Finished]  (Read 17505 times)

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
The Byron Dynasty [Finished]
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
Note: Hello! I just made an account on this site today to post my dynasty. I've been using this site for Sims information for awhile now, but I haven't really had the time to devote myself to another forum, but I have been reading up on everyone's dynasties! :) I've been playing around with the dynasty challenge on my own, getting used to the time it takes to max out skills, what kind of skills would be good to start with and figuring out which first spouse I wanted to take. I just finished my spring semester yesterday and reformatted my computer when I returned home for the summer so now seems like the time to take a serious stab at this dynasty challenge. Regardless of if this is successful or not, maybe I'll actually start poking around other parts of the forums as a result! :)

I'm playing with the World Adventures and Ambitions expansion packs.

EDIT 5/23/11: Including the completed Immortals information in this post.

Edit: 6/9/11: Done with the dynasty.

GEN 1: Amelia Byron
LTW: 5-Star Chef
Career: Culinary
Supermax: Cooking
Building: Bookstore
Property: Summer Hill Springs
3 LTRs: Meditative Trance Sleep, Long Distance Friend, Fast Learner
6 BFs: Emma Hatch, Jared Frio, Narcissa Vatos, Kaylynn Langerak, Monika Morris, Jeana Ursine
6 Ops: The Dish Showdown, From One Chef to Another, Corporate Dining, Working Alongside Friends, Charismatic Cash, Learn a Recipe
Portraits/Sculptures of YA-Elder

GEN 2: Elizabeth Byron
LTW: Illustrious Author
Career: Journalism
SuperMax: Painting
Building: Hogan's Diner
Property: Old Pier Beach
3 LTRs: Never Dull, Observant, Bookshop Bargainer
6 BFs: Wesley Cameron, Fredrick Cho, Laya Lopes, Dalma Bunch, Nicholas Davidson, Steven Kimura
6 Ops: Stinky Bugs, The Writing Club, Working Overtime, Reading for Proof, Getting to Know You, A Party for the Promoted
Portraits/Sculptures: Toddler to Elder.

GEN 3: Xander Byron
LTW: Superstar Athelete
Career: Professional Sports
SuperMax: Atheletic
Building: Bistro
Property: Lofty Cerulean Blue Pool
3LTRs: Steel Bladder, Professional Slacker, multi-tasker
6 BFs: Glenn Faust, Justine McIrish, Jamie McDonald, Georgina Epperson, Layla Lopes, Dalma Bunch
6 Ops: Permission Slips, A Fishy Science Project, The Research Project, Ticket Counting, The Focused Athelete, Becoming More Logical.
Portraits/Sculptures: Toddler to Elder.

GEN 4: Penelope Byron
LTW: Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers
Career: Music
SuperMax: Charisma
Building: Wilsonoff Theatre
Property: Pinochle Pond
3LTRs: Carefree, Fast Metabolism, Dirt Defiant
6 BFs: Jack Lombardo, Robbie Grantham, Michell Grantham, Nate Bohannon, Michel Alto, Sonia Stapleton
6 Ops: After School Employment, Young Politician's Club, Fix Boiler, Floating in the Sea, Tons of Tips, A Charming Experiment
Portraits/Sculptures: Toddler-Elder

GEN 5: John Dorian Byron
LTW: World Renowned Surgeon
Career: Medical
SuperMax: Logic
Building: Hosptial
Property: Sunset Institute of Modern Art
3 LTRs: Opportunistic, No Jealousy, Hardly Hungry
6 BFs: Augustin Baca, Sasha Hopkins, Kizzy Pack, Tanesha Fowler, Blanca Stapleton, Tracy Yu
6 Ops: Outside Reading, Blood is not Blue, Test for Disease, Add a little Drama, Medical Knowledge, A Stimulating Experiment
Portraits/Sculptures: Toddler-Elder

GEN 6: Gwendolyn Byron
LTW: Become Creature-Robot Crossbreader
Career: Science
SuperMax: Gardening
Building: Landgraab Industries Science Facility
Property: Papyrus Memorial Library
3 LTRs: Discount Diner, Stone Hearted, No Bills Ever
6 BFs: Brenna Richards, Aron Richards, Toby Reinhardt, Perry Reinhardt, Guy St Clair, Danita McIrish
6 Ops: Work/School Learning Project, Cultural Interview, Uncommonly Good, Great Plums, Of Fish, Robots and Robot Things, Outstandingly Rare
Portraits/Sculptures: Toddler - Elder

GEN 7: Dominique Byron
LTW: Martial Arts Master
Career: Criminal
SuperMax: Martial Arts
Building: Everfresh Delights Supermarket
Property: 28 Hour Wellness Gym
3LTRs: Prepared Traveler, Fireproof Homestead, Inappropriate but in a Good Way
6 BFs: Tawnya Hook, Arnulfo Mena, Moses Clary, Dallas Magee, Debbie Bacon, Allan Whitten
6 OPs: Welcome to the Family, At the Health Seminar, A Package for You, Need Training, The Spa Restoration, Payment Options

GEN 8: Shaun Byron
LTW: Swimming in Cash
Career: Inventor
SuperMax: Inventing
Building: Llama Memorial Stadium
Property: Central Park
3 LTRs: Suave Seller, Efficient Inventor, Speedy Cleaner
6 BFs: Antoinette Timmons, Ruben Bacon, Elton Crum, Beth Beauchamp, Hunter Homer, Shannan Clancy
6 OPs: Master Invention, Exposition on Explosion, Broken Laptop, The Great Invention Convention, Fixing the Books, Shower Upgrade

The Byron Dynasty

Meet Amelia Byron. After growing up with eccentric parents who swore to reinvigorate their own dying family name, Amelia sets off to get away from the constant reminders that at one point there was a "very famous writer" in the family and that she should seek the same life. Instead, Amelia wants to cook, and hopes to be a celebrated chef (maybe with her own TV show). Who knows though, there still may be the next Romantic poet in the family.

Amelia thought the property was beautiful, but sadly she was left with no extra money to furnish the place. First things first, Amelia needs a man to do the cleaning and the painting and the sculpting.

"Oh hey Chris, what's up? Nice house, you got money? A little bit? How old are you?"

It should come as no surprise that Amelia's desire to get a Husband so quick clearly comes from her Hopeless Romantic trait. After chatting for a bit, Amelia flirts with Christopher Steel...

And marriage is not far behind. So the happy couple head on back to Amelia's beautiful, empty lot and buy a few necessities...

What about jobs? Well Chris will be painting and sculpting until his eyes bleed so that's covered, but what about Amelia's dream to be a chef?

You've got to start somewhere, and cleaning grease out of the ovens at the local diner sure is a start. Her boss is Emma Hatch, and after a few days working, Amelia and Emma hit it off as close friends. She also becomes friendly with Jared and Molly, but Narcissa seems less than keen to make friends.

Dinner at the Byron household right now is less than pleasant, but once Chris and Amelia start climbing up their respective career ladders maybe they can buy a dinner table and some chairs. :) All the money went into a good bed and good appliances. Children will have to wait until they're responsible Adults, and not just young fools in love.

Does anyone know what famous British poet inspired this dynasty? (Name is based on his title, not his real name)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Byron Dynasty! [The Beginning]
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  Excellent start to your story.  Good luck and I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

The poet you're referring to would be Lord Byron?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  Excellent start to your story.  Good luck and I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

The poet you're referring to would be Lord Byron?
Thanks! I'm hoping to put more detail into it as time goes on (yours is great!), but for now I'll keep it short and simple.

And yes! Lord Byron (whose real name is George Gordon) was the inspiration. I figured Byron was an epic enough name for a Dynasty!

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:59:31 AM »
What is the difference between a Young Adult and an Adult?

It didn't take long for Amelia to realize that her life was already starting to zip by. In an attempt to try and keep the following years of her life documented she took it upon herself to keep a journal to document her thoughts and observations of her life, as long as it may be so that one day someone could look back on her life.

To whomever receives this,

This is a log of my life, from my marriage to Christopher Steel until the day we die. Perhaps future generations will be able to learn through my experiences. As far as my life, I am in the Culinary Career track, one promotion away from my lifetime goal of becoming a Five-Star Chef. I am currently on maternity leave, but you'll learn more about that later. My husband Chris has been sculpting and painting from the minute we married. While we do love each other, sometimes my job and his obsession with art keep us apart. He decided the day before we were both to become real Adults to paint my portrait and make a sculpture of me. This was to "preserve me the way I was."

A lot happened while I was a Young Adult. I advanced quickly in my career, soon taking a classy black car to work.

After a lot of effort I finally made friends with Narcissa. She's really lively now that we're friends, I can't believe we didn't hit it off right away.

Agnes Crumplebottom also got a job at the Diner, giving me five co-workers in all. Over time I'm finding myself getting closer and closer to them. I considered transferring to the Bistro considering my standing in the culinary world, but I can't leave Emma and the others behind.

I wish I had documented more of my life before I became an adult, but really, everything happened in a blur. I was cooking and delivering dishes all over on top of advancing in my career. Chris was sculpting and painting as if his life depended on it, but he's so skilled he received a reward from the town and can even prevent ice sculptures from melting. My birthday came so suddenly I didn't even notice until I was suddenly engulfed by the familiar confetti of colors:

I was working from home to get ahead of work at the time. Meanwhile, we were able to get Chris a cake for his:

It was upon our sudden aging that we realized, we should have a child. It was the next day after a good night's rest our feelings just got the better of us.

However, it was shortly after we realized we were still living out in a field that it might be time to build a proper house. Especially after I found myself running to the bathroom every hour.

Shortly after a gardening class, confirmation came of our impending parenthood, and work began on our new house.

We decided to keep it modest. We want to invest in some real estate as time goes by, and to save money for our child's future education and life. Perhaps once time has passed we'll consider an addition. Meanwhile, my baby bump grew:

And when the moment came for me to give birth, both Chris and I, responsible Adults, completely freaked out!

We brought home an adorable little baby girl, named Elizabeth, who screamed all night!

With my new role in life as a mother I decided it was time for a makeover. Besides, I was bored with that unkempt hair and ripped jeans:

Chris began work on a sculpture and portrait to "document" my Adult life. I don't think a life can be documented in just a sculpture.

And in a flash, Elizabeth grew into an adorable little Toddler. Chris says he wants to sculpt her too, and why not? It's what he loves.

Let's see where life takes me next, and how little Elizabeth grows up.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 05:16:25 AM »
Your Dynasty is awesome, Iflana! I love the name, including characters. Welcome to the world, baby Elizabeth and happy birthday to our happy couple! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 06:17:46 AM »
I love your story so far!  :) Can't wait for the next chapter!
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 01:28:02 PM »
YAY for another Dynasty! Good luck.

Welcome little Elizabeth and happy birthday to everyone.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »
Happy Birthdays all around!!  And welcome baby Elizabeth!

Looks like Elizabeth got mommy's hair but did she get daddy's lips?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »
Happy Birthdays all around!!  And welcome baby Elizabeth!

Looks like Elizabeth got mommy's hair but did she get daddy's lips?
She did get Daddy's lips, but they don't look awkward on her face yet. xP

Thanks for reading everyone!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 02:43:33 AM »
Nice start! Welcome baby Elizabeth.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 03:51:57 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, IflanaNifi.  Your Dynasty appears to be off to a good start and your story is nicely written, as well.  We're glad you decided to share it with us.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 03:59:03 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, IflanaNifi.  Your Dynasty appears to be off to a good start and your story is nicely written, as well.  We're glad you decided to share it with us.  :)
I forward that. :D
Congrats on nooboos, and on birthdays, and last but not least, a big GOOD LUCK from me. ;D

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Byron Dynasty!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »
I'm kind of zipping through this challenge so this will either be a large update, or only part of what I've done so far.

Quite a lot has happened since I last wrote. Our little daughter Elizabeth was a curious toddler and as soon as she learned how to talk she was chatting her head off!

Christopher got to sculpt a statue of her and paint a portrait before she grew up right before our eyes. And immediately took after her father and started painting. Are we going to have another painter in the family?

I began growing a garden shortly after Elizabeth's birth. I thought fresh ingredients would make healthier food for our little girl. Isn't it funny how you change your habits for your children? The garden has since produced some interesting fruits and vegetables, but more on that a little later.

Elizabeth was a pretty self directed child, usually doing her homework on her own, asking for help when she needed it and kept to herself painting most of her free time. She did get on Honor Roll in school, something I am very proud of.

It did not take long for me to consider taking up sculpting. Christopher seemed to enjoy it so much, so we would stand on our deck at night, while we painted and sculpted. Really, it was relaxing and I kind of understand his obsession with it now.

For Elizabeth's childhood sculpture of herself she made some pretty funny poses. I told her to behave herself, but Chris said he wanted to sculpt HER, personality and all. He's such an artist.

I also took up fishing. Chris would dabble in it from time to time, but we needed the money he could make from his art more than we needed his fish, so in my time off I'd go across the street and start fishing.

We also invested in some Real Estate around this time, buying Hogan's Deep Fried Diner, where I work, and the park across the street. We updated the park so it had some bathrooms, some chess tables and some areas to grill up some food. Maybe next time we actually get around to celebrating a birthday, we should have it there.

As I fished I heard this strange rumor about a "Deathfish" in the graveyard's fishing pool. Emma swears she's seen it's shadow in the pond and from asking around town people have suggested I try catching it with an "Angelfish" so I started fishing for Angelfish at the waterfall, trying a variety of different things as bait.

I also worked on making some new friends. All of my co-workers are old, and I fear they may go soon, so Kaylynn and I started to hang out (or lean back awkwardly).

Elizabeth also quickly aged up to a teen. I think she feels we've ignored her a bit, as we didn't really even realize it was her birthday. I should probably start paying attention to birthdays...

After a makeover she looked like this. I don't like the dress, but I'm only her mother.

As a teenager, Elizabeth also started talking to other people, boys mostly, but she spent a lot of her time moping around being depressed (AN: Elizabeth was affected by the bad mood glitch, and because I was focusing on supermaxing out cooking for Amelia, it took me a bit to notice what the issue was) although she eventually cheered up.

My own birthday took me by surprise after going out to dinner with a few friends at the Bistro. All of a sudden I was engulfed by lights and before I knew it I was an elder! Chris back home was experiencing the same change. I dyed my hair and fixed my clothes a bit as soon as I got home.

It was soon after aging to Elder that my garden began producing "Life Fruit." Interesting, I thought, and wanted to know what dishes they could be used in. I had avoided buying the very expensive Ambrosia recipe, but after looking through my recipe library, I could not find one thing that it was used for. I asked Christopher to pick one up with his discount. At this point, the money from his sculpting, my job and the properties we owned could cover the cost of one recipe.

After reading it I had discovered my suspicions were correct. To make ambrosia I needed a life fruit and a deathfish. I had been avoiding catching a deathfish because I didn't want to go to the graveyard that late, but that night I headed over.

And to my surprise, there it was, first catch, a deathfish. I caught a few more before heading home to go to sleep. That night, my best friend Agnes Crumplebottom passed away. She had worked with me at the diner for so long, grief struck and I completely forgot about the Ambrosia, instead I went out to the park to see if anyone else was as upset as I. I met Jeana, who cheered me up. It wasn't long before we were Best Friends.

Chris sculpted and painted me before I remembered about the Ambrosia recipe. Now was as good a time as ever, so I headed over to the fridge, got the ingredients and cooked up a batch. After eating it I felt strange. In fact, I felt five years younger. I read over the notes of the recipe again and discovered a footnote I had missed. Ambrosia turns back time. Literally, I could live forever. I was shocked.

I didn't know if I should mention it to Chris at first, but once I did he said he didn't want to live forever. He wanted to leave a legacy behind, he said. He also advised me not to abuse it, and only to stick around if I needed to. I promised.  

Screenshots of my Immortal Museum at this point:

Elizabeth:

Amelia:

For next update:
Elizabeth's Birthday Party (Starting to Celebrate Birthdays now, maybe this once)
Elizabeth's unexpected change of heart and marriage
Generation three is here?

Time to go back to remodeling the Byron household.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 12:52:18 AM »
W00T! Congratulations on your first Immortal! Well done! :D
Happy birthday everyone! Wow, that's what I call fast!
Awesome update, Iflana!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline IflanaNifi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 01:33:26 AM »
Another update today. Since I'm behind on reporting what's going on, and some drama just happened with my 3rd Gen, I'm going to catch this up.

Changing Perspectives

My parents were always nice, but seemed a little distracted. My mom is a chef, a good one at that and my Dad used to sculpt and paint all day. There's sculptures of Mom and me at all stages of our lives. I've taken a liking to painting, but my real dream was to be a reporter. As a teen though, I just needed to get through school with good grades.

I was about to age into a young adult. I was interested in a boy, Steven Kimura, who I had been passing notes to in class since I got to high school. He is about my age, and when I had my party, he had just aged into a young adult himself.

The party was fun, a lot of my Mom and Dad's friends came since there weren't too many kids at school. There was this one guy that showed up, Maxwell.

He was really nice, telling me all about how great I looked. We talked for awhile before I had to blow out the candles on my cake.

And I was finally a young adult. I wasn't sure where Steven went. I had kind of lost track of him after talking with Maxwell, so we hung out some more after I changed my clothes. He said he was a bit older than me, but didn't tell me how old. After chatting for what seemed like forever the party ended and everyone, including Max, went home. I should have known at this point something was strange, he came out of nowhere and suddenly was telling me how beautiful I was.

The next day I invited him over. I wanted to talk to him again so bad. Dad and his friend were sitting outside talking on the deck when he came by.

So we went out to the back shed that leads to all of Dad's sculptures and paintings. It didn't take long before Maxwell's compliments had gotten to me...

And before I knew it, we had eloped! Mom and Dad didn't seem to mind it, although I don't really think they noticed Steven when I kept bringing him around the house, and they welcomed Max into the family. The next day I went off to work for the first time. I had gotten a job at the local newspaper, but transportation wasn't that glamorous.

When I came home, Maxwell had aged into an Elder! He had dyed his hair in an attempt to hide it from me, but I saw how old he looked. I was a little upset he hadn't been straightforward with me, but after we talked it over I understood that even though this was all so fast there was something in him that I loved. Besides, he looked kinda cute in his stupid black apron.

I didn't know what Maxwell did for a living right away, he was always exercising, improving his athleticism. Some nights he wouldn't come home. It was later I'd realized he'd sneak off to work at the Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. He was a criminal, never a very high ranking one, but a criminal nonetheless. I was upset when I found this out, he had wormed his way into my heart, hadn't been straight with me, but for some reason I still loved him. I didn't have the heart to tell Mom and Dad what he did. They seemed to get a long with him well enough, so I didn't want to ruin that, especially after I found out I was pregnant.

After Maxwell found out, he was overjoyed. He gave me some money to go to the spa for a day. I should have known better than to take it, but I was pregnant, and a Great Escape sounded heavenly at the time.

I worked on my writing for my job and my painting just for fun while Dad sculpted and painted another picture of me. He always said how proud he was of me, that I was making my own family.

The entire time I was pregnant, Maxwell treated me like a princess. I had gone through his stuff one night and found the only book he kept with him was "A Mummy in Love." I always wondered why he kept the book with him.

It wasn't long before I had the baby. Mom said Dad and her freaked out the same way when she was pregnant with me.

We came home with a beautiful baby boy named Xander. Dad wanted to hold him all night he was so happy.

Shortly after Xander's birth, Maxwell was arrested. It was terrible keeping it from Mom and Dad, who were too preoccupied with their hobbies and the new baby to notice how long Max was gone that night. I felt terrible about it, but I wasn't going to kick him out, we had a baby together.

It wasn't long before Xander aged into a toddler. He was so eager to learn!

Mom and Dad helped with teaching Xander everything he was going to need in life while I went back to work.

It didn't take long for little Xander to start reading books of his own, or at least look at the pictures. And Dad proudly sculpted his first sculpture of his grandson.

Even Maxwell, who didn't seem like the fatherly type, managed to read a book with his son every so often.

Xander's birthday party was small, everyone in the house gathered in the kitchen for a cake and he aged quickly into a child!

Xander was poking me all day long in the morning waiting for his first day at school. I was going to drop him off and he marched proudly into the building, making sure not to look back at his Mom. In his mind, he was all grown up.

Later that week my boss told me that my co worker, Wesley Cameron had gotten a promotion and asked me to throw a party for him at my house. The party was a blast and everyone at work the next day were not only congratulating Wesley on his promotion, but me for the awesome party! That bought me respect from the boss, Mortimer Goth. I even got an interview from Wesley to write up for the paper the next day!

After that, Wesley, his partner Frederick Cho and I were best friends in the office. Mom and Dad still seemed to be happily in love. Mom and Dad both seemed to be living a pretty long life, but while Dad was showing his age, Mom wasn't even considering retiring from work.

We invested in some property, Maxwell and I. We bought the Old Pier Beach and upgraded it to add some bathrooms, a platform for parties and some new picnic tables. We also bought the Supermarket and have found the extra cash flow quite useful.

Xander and I both became workaholics at this point. He was always finishing his homework as soon as he got from school and I was always reading up on books my boss was giving me to get ahead of the pack. They did help in advancing in my career.

Dad and Maxwell also began to get pretty close. Dad wanted something new to try and Max was itching to start training someone. It was nice to see them getting along so well.

And then it happened so suddenly. Max hadn't even hit 90 years old yet (Dad at this point was well over 95) and one night he died.

Grim took him away, I had never seen anything like it in my life. I had always expected Mom and Dad to go before my own husband. I was shocked, and grief set in with everyone in the family rather quickly. I don't think anyone expected it.

We keep Max's tombstone on the property to this day, and every so often his ghost visits. He usually doesn't have much to say, looking at me and Xander before turning on one of the electronics. I think he's trying to pretend like he's not bothered by his death even in the afterlife, but I see how he looks at me.

Xander also spent a lot of this time going to the graveyard. Even though his father wasn't there, he went through a phase. I think he was trying to find something in the Mausoleum, but I'm not sure what.

It wasn't long though until Xander made some friends. Shon McDonald was always running around with him at the park. After his father's death, it was nice to see Xander finding a friend. Dad also managed to sculpt a masterpiece. It was worth over 5,000 simoleons when he sold it. I've never seen someone so proud of a john before.

Xander and I were sharing a birthday once again, and I had completely forgotten the day until I was engulfed by the familiar colors and aged up to an Adult. I had to run to the bathroom to fix my hair before we got the cake out for Xander.

It was at this point in life, Xander decided he didn't want to pose properly for pictures. He had entered his moody teenage phase. He had also learned this gross trick where he could hide his eyes behind his eyelids. Gross, but expected of a teenage boy.

This catches me up to where I started at this afternoon playing, and some drama has happened with Xander! For next time:

Xander's first girlfriend.
Christopher's last days.
A wedding? Or not.

anything