Author Topic: Glowing Townsfolk  (Read 8392 times)

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
Glowing Townsfolk
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:50:15 PM »
Hi, all!  While playing Medieval, and using a variety of heroes, I've noticed that certain townspeople glow.  There's nothing unusual about them, and they behave exactly like everyone else.  But they have a white halo of light around their upper body, from about the waist up, that also sparkles.  Does anyone know what that's all about?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Glowing Townsfolk
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:47:18 AM »
I've been curious about this one too so I've been trying to find a reason for the glow. I think it's the glow of a successful wish granted at a well. I've witnessed non-glowing townies walking up to a well, toss a coin in and do the making a wish animation, then step away from the well with a white glow. I'm not 100% certain but that's what I think it is.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuck-chuck

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:12:25 AM »
I confirm with the above post. the glow is from a certain wish that is granted at the well. i forget at the moment what exactly the bonus you get with the wish. also if you have either a jacoban or peterian priest in your town they will sometimes perform a prayer with the sim that will give the same effect. though i am not 100% on that one, i am pretty sure its true

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:35:52 AM »
I've been curious about this one too so I've been trying to find a reason for the glow. I think it's the glow of a successful wish granted at a well. I've witnessed non-glowing townies walking up to a well, toss a coin in and do the making a wish animation, then step away from the well with a white glow. I'm not 100% certain but that's what I think it is.

I confirm with the above post. the glow is from a certain wish that is granted at the well. i forget at the moment what exactly the bonus you get with the wish. also if you have either a jacoban or peterian priest in your town they will sometimes perform a prayer with the sim that will give the same effect. though i am not 100% on that one, i am pretty sure its true

That makes sense, especially as I don't do much with the well (besides spike it every so often, lol).  So glowing wish-grantees would go unnoticed.  I'll have to have one of my heroes make a wish, and see what happens.

The prayer effect is different.  It's a swirl of sparkles that winds around the body of the believer praying, then merging into a giant star above their head.  When there's two people praying together, it's two swirls and two stars.  The well effect (if that's it) is the same color, but it envelops the person so it looks like their upper torso is glowing, or like they're surrounded by a cloud of little sparkles.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:40:47 AM »
No, not just the prayer effect.  There is a glow that the priest can give.  I can't remember the terminology now - Watcher's something - but when the sim activates it, the sim can levitate and then carries a glow - similar to the wishing well - for quite some time.

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:20 AM »
No, not just the prayer effect.  There is a glow that the priest can give.  I can't remember the terminology now - Watcher's something - but when the sim activates it, the sim can levitate and then carries a glow - similar to the wishing well - for quite some time.

Hmmm ... I think I know what you're talking about.  Favor of the Watcher or Blessing of the Watcher, something like that.  I've only seen a beam of light come from the heavens and spotlight the Sim being blessed or whatever you call it, and I've never seen anyone levetate; but then, again, I've only ever played a Peteran priest.  It might be a Jacoban thing.  (I have a severe personal dislike for religions IRL that keep their followers in step using threats and fear, so I've avoided the Jacoban priest as much as possible.)  I thought it was called "Favor", but Carl's guide says it's "Blessing".