Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942769 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10755 on: March 11, 2022, 10:49:32 PM »
I don't know what changed (maybe a plant matured?) but my Sim randomly got the achievement while watering her plants. Thanks though!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10756 on: March 12, 2022, 03:36:15 AM »
Yeah, that same thing happened to me previously as well. I think sometimes the counters on things stop and at other times jump ahead etc. Pleased the game finally recognised the achievement though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline peach

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10757 on: May 12, 2022, 09:49:44 AM »
I'm playing in Appaloosa Plains and was hoping to turn Hangman's Tree National Historic Landmark into the family cemetery, but I didn't realize it was a small park until now, just before my Founder eats Ambrosia!

I'm assuming I'm not allowed to change the lot type at this point--per the rule about all Edit Town changes needing to happen before the dynasty begins--but I thought I would check, just in case there's any way I can salvage that plan.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10758 on: June 02, 2022, 05:18:55 PM »
@peach: hey sorry for the delay! Yeah you need to do Edit Town changes before placing your founder. That being said I think you can drop urns wherever you please? I usually like to own where I do but it's worth a try. You just can't modify the lot or make money from it.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline peach

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10759 on: July 21, 2022, 09:21:01 PM »
@peach: hey sorry for the delay! Yeah you need to do Edit Town changes before placing your founder. That being said I think you can drop urns wherever you please? I usually like to own where I do but it's worth a try. You just can't modify the lot or make money from it.

Thank you for clarifying, Trip! I'm definitely annoyed with myself for not switching the lot type, but in terms of things you could forget while attempting an Immortal Dynasty, I'll consider myself lucky it's the worst mistake I've made thus far. :)

Offline peach

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10760 on: March 13, 2023, 08:34:24 PM »
In order to avoid an EA face spouse and in lieu of cloning/pollinators/ghosts, I'm planning on marrying my gen three heir to a Champs Les Sims townie. (I know this strategy probably risks a lot of bugs/save file bloating--I planned poorly, and this is all I could come up with in my already-in-progress attempt.) I was thinking my Sim will either marry the townie while the family is abroad, if the game allows it--I've never done this before, but online sources seem to say it's possible--or after inviting him to visit once back home.

It seems to me like this plan falls in line with the rules, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone do this before in an ID and that makes me nervous. I just wanted to check in here and make sure it's okay before I go forward with it!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10761 on: March 14, 2023, 06:11:03 PM »
@peach: people have definitely married travel townies before. They're no different from other NPCs. Good luck with him!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline peach

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10762 on: March 14, 2023, 09:17:40 PM »
@Trip Thank you!!

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #10763 on: August 13, 2023, 01:06:38 PM »
@Trip

Hi guys, I realise this may have been asked before, but there's over 700 pages of this thread. If it's been clarified before, I apologize!

Say I wanted to start an Immortal Dynasty in Midnight Hollow, with Seasons installed. Would it be OK for me to place the Festival Grounds made by SimGuruSmitty, as that's the 'official' one made by an official member of the team, even though it technically comes from the Exchange? I believe it's basically the same as one of main community lots in Midnight Hollow, just with the Seasons stuff added. Or do I have to repurpose one of the festival lots for other worlds that came with Seasons? It's not a game breaker for me, it just would be nice to have most of the lots match MH's aesthetic where possible.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10764 on: August 14, 2023, 01:14:51 PM »
@Sutz: the official Exchange festival lots are fine. The original conversation definitely got lost in the shuffle of whatever 11 years ago was :P

anything